Debate Mansion

Arranged Marriages (Page 2)

Poll Question: Do u think that marriages should be arranged?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [34.48%]
21 [36.21%]
15 [25.86%]
1 [1.72%]
1 [1.72%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

popkurn

IF-Rockerz

popkurn

Posted: 11 July 2005 at 9:00pm | IP Logged

Arrange marriages...

Im kinda 50-50 here...

In love marriage..you think your in love, and ya you do get married with the guy/girl you think is right, but after marriage you regret getting married and want to get a divorce and stuff...it turns out to be a mess and sometimes even worse. On the other side its kinda good cuz you are picking someone that you have known for a while and you think that he/she will be a good life partner and after marriage it works out. Arrange marriages sometimes work out and sometimes dont. Most of the time arrange marriages dont work out...thats cuz you havent known him/her for a long period of time like 6 months is fine...but you dont get that much time you get 1 look at eachother and boom your getting married no matter what. Anyways lol...Im kinda in the middle of yes and sometimes lol Im going to go with yes.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Arranged Marriages (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

simi1295

Goldie

simi1295

Posted: 15 July 2005 at 12:04pm | IP Logged

YES and NO... yes, they shoule be arranged if you do not love any1 and you believe ur parents can make a better decision then you. AND no because if you love some1 then you should get married to that person. 

silverfrost

Groupbie

silverfrost

Posted: 21 July 2005 at 11:02pm | IP Logged
      Ummm...although it really depends on each case, I just wanted to point out that arranged marriges tend to work out better than love marraiges because the rate of divorces for arranged marriges are much more lower than that for love marriges. So, in most cases, surprisingly I guess arranged marriges work better! Smile

srohan

srohan

Posted: 24 July 2005 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Yes Arrange Marriage is Best ........Smile

dannyk

IF-Veteran Member

dannyk

Posted: 15 November 2005 at 6:26am | IP Logged
no ... i belive marriage are made in haven .. and your partner are fixed there itself ... may be they come to u thru love marriage or arrange marriage ...

Gauri

Groupbie

Gauri

Posted: 15 November 2005 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Interesting topic, my opinion is:

Parents do know what is best for a child and should decide and sometimes love marriages end up in disaster (From people I know). BUT, this may not be true, love marriages may be better because parents don't exactly know your likes/dislikes. What I think should happen is:

Parents should choose someone and the couple should get to spend time together and get to know each other. When love happens, the marriage! Big smile

Or, if someone likes another person, they should ask their parents to meet that person and hopefully, they'll agree and marriage will take place! Big smile

But I also agree with dannyk, marriages are made in heaven and you'll end up meeting your partner... Smile

sonia_112

Groupbie

sonia_112

Posted: 30 November 2005 at 6:19am | IP Logged
i dnt think we should have arranged marriages

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 30 November 2005 at 7:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by silverfrost

Ummm...although it really depends on each case, I just wanted to point out that arranged marriges tend to work out better than love marraiges because the rate of divorces for arranged marriges are much more lower than that for love marriges. So, in most cases, surprisingly I guess arranged marriges work better! Smile

No silverfrost , there is no such data to say that love marriages have a higher percentage of divorce . Its a presumptious thing parents say to kids to disuade them to fall in love !!LOL

Arranged or love , once you marry , you need the same basic ingredients to sustain it !! trust , understanding ,adhustement , love blah blah !!Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top