interview of rohit bakshi

maryam Groupbie
maryam
maryam

Posted: 30 November 2004 at 1:20pm | IP Logged
Delhi dude fashions his route to reel stardom
Somashukla Sinha Walunjkar
 </>

Delhi boy Rohit Bakshi's freshly scrubbed face makes him perfect as a reel good guy. Rohit, a Commerce graduate (from Delhi University) and a trained fashion designer (he comes armed with a diploma from IIFT, Delhi) caught a train to Mumbai hoping to make a mark on the ramp. "I groomed myself as a model, went around distributing my photos and landed some assignments, enough to keep the home fire burning. It was difficult doing fashion shoots in the beginning but I had to prove a point to my parents who would have written me off otherwise," remembers Rohit.

Rohit stumbled on television purely by accident when a friend recommended him for a brief cameo on Titliyan  (Sahara Manoranjan). But it was Rohit's good son-in-law act in the star-studded Balaji soap, Kyunki Saas Bhi Bahu Thi that really made him a household name of sorts. "I've done other stuff as well, like a negative role in Kahiin Kisi Roz, a cameo in Tu Kahe Agar (Zee) and Manzilein Aur Bhi Hai (Sahara Manoranjan) but I guess folks really like me as Tulsi Virani's son-in-law. In fact the kind of phonecalls I got after doing Kahiin.. is overwhelming, they hated me as the bad guy." Rohit's making amends by slipping comfortably in the good guy's shoes again in Kaahin To Hoga. "I play one of the three main protagonists and it's my first big role. In Kyunki... I sometimes find myself at the centre of things, but mostly it's like working in a hit movie where I am just one of the stars. Kaahin.. is my first solo role and I like being Piyush, a regular rich guy every oung girl wants to take home to mama."

Rohit doesn't mind being typecast as the good guy. "It's not an issue with me at all. Who would mind playing a hero? I like having the spotlight trained on me, it's neat having everyone paying you so much attention and treating you like the most important person. I want to be a hero in mainstream Mumbai films too, so television is a good training ground for me and perfect until I get what I want – a film role."

Edited by maryam - 30 November 2004 at 1:24pm

anniegupta_ Goldie
anniegupta_
anniegupta_

Posted: 30 November 2004 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
thx for the article!
fizza Newbie
fizza
fizza

Posted: 01 December 2004 at 1:21am | IP Logged
i want a new interview of rohit bakshi. this is the old interview.so plz take a new interview of rohit.and take some pics.fizza
fizza Newbie
fizza
fizza

Posted: 01 December 2004 at 1:54am | IP Logged

plz rohit kahiin to hoga come back in kahiin to ho ga.

fizza Newbie
fizza
fizza

Posted: 01 December 2004 at 1:57am | IP Logged
plz i m yur huge fan rohit .and every one want's to see u back in kahiin to hoga.(not only me every one) please.rohit
fizza Newbie
fizza
fizza

Posted: 01 December 2004 at 1:59am | IP Logged
i like yur jodi with kashish alot. plz come back rohit
jester Newbie
jester
jester

Posted: 02 December 2004 at 11:59pm | IP Logged

hi guys is pyuish is also the member of this siteOuch

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top