Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

samir_soni

Goldie

samir_soni

Posted: 25 January 2007 at 9:05pm | IP Logged

For some people studying is for fun, to learn something new. Others study to please parents, to get a good job or to geta promotion in current job. I even heard people saying they study because there is nothing else to do Ouch

Why do you study?

Do you think if you get a post graduate your life will be better socially and economically? Can you be sure with so many educated job less people around?

Do you thrive to learn something new? Does a text book fascinates you?

I guess we grew up to learn that reading/studying is not geeky....waiting to hear your view.

Edited by datspreets - 10 February 2007 at 10:51pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why do you study?" in College & University forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 26 January 2007 at 7:35am | IP Logged
Why do you study?
I study because everyone does. In a sense studying is necessary to learn and build your skills. But I mainly study to make a good career, and to do my parents and myself proud!

Do you think if you get a post graduate your life will be better socially and economically? Can you be sure with so many educated job less people around?
The life may not be economically so good, but socially I'm certain it'd be, cause educatioed people are respected!

And I'm certain I'd get a job/work because in my field of study, ie CA, you can ahve your own practice. Plus, I'm certain I want to start my own little business, maybe that should help a handful of jobless people too Embarrassed

I defintely want to learn new things, but a text book bores me. I read the text book and try to use the knowledge in practical life, or atleast try to comprehend the use of what we learn at school in our practical life!

Study would be more interesting if all subjects were practical! LOL

Rimi, good topic!

Preets

*~Sapna~*

IF-Veteran Member

*~Sapna~*

Posted: 27 January 2007 at 10:44am | IP Logged

Why do you study?

I can't say because I love to...but I think...because I know I will have a better future...

Do you think if you get a post graduate your life will be better socially and economically? Can you be sure with so many educated  job less people around?

yea it will be.. I think educated ppl understand ppl around them much better...and as Preeti said iwll be respected more too...

sometimes they do...coz the subject that I study is very interesting...Smile

Anastacia

IF-Veteran Member

Anastacia

Posted: 27 January 2007 at 1:48pm | IP Logged

Why do you study? I study because I have to and because I want to become successful and well-learned.

Do you think if you get a post graduate your life will be better socially and economically? Can you be sure with so many educated  job less people around? Yes, I know for sure it will be better economically.

Do you thrive to learn something new? Does a text book fascinates you? Yes, I do thrive to learn something new, but not something that I have to know for a test. I sometimes end up memorizing things and forget them later. A text book fascinates me if it's interesting. Big smile

crosby87

Goldie

crosby87

Posted: 30 January 2007 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
Why do you study?
To prove to my parents that I'm not worthless and actually will do something with my life.

Both economically and socially... ye i can open up my own clinic.

Anything with chemistry and physics fascinates me... so i will thrive to learn about itSome textbooks actually do i rather read them then go to class, which iwas wat i do for many of my classes i dont bother going to lectures anymore all because of the textbooks Tongue Wink

pari911

pari911

Posted: 31 January 2007 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
Why do you study?
For the sake of better future. To gain knowldege about the things that happen and the reason (history) behind it.
And also to make my parents happy...lolz.. tat's the most imp thing in one's life. Tongue

Definitely not, post graduate life just increases one's knowldege of the existing enviornment and if one calls it high social status then sure.. But economically? is the question since there are other ingredients needed for a person to be economically well.

Absoultely, but sometimes, the text book has to be something that interests one's own interest. Learning new enables us to see the world more neutrally, if with open mind the knowldege is observed then the all problems of the world would solved. But since our human nature... doesn't understand the simple fact.

That's what i use to think as a person who studies all the time is a geek. however, in my opinion there are types of geeks. one who studies and have those thick glasses. but with the time the definition of geek constatly changes..

At one point in time he wanted to become a photographer.

Edited by Naina_Manam - 28 February 2007 at 3:56pm

~Simmi~

IF-Sizzlerz

~Simmi~

Posted: 03 February 2007 at 6:25pm | IP Logged

Why do you study? Its better than working full time

Do you think if you get a post graduate your life will be better socially and economically? Can you be sure with so many educated  job less people around? yeah..maybe..it will be better..who knows..

Do you thrive to learn something new? Does a text book fascinates you? I thrive to learn something new always but my text books dont fascinate me..I learn only from the softwares at the back of the book

WillSmith456

IF-Rockerz

WillSmith456

Posted: 09 February 2007 at 3:35am | IP Logged
Why do you study?
for gaining more skills and ideasTongue

Definitely not, post graduate life just increases one's knowldege of the existing enviornment and if one calls it high social status then sure.. But economically? is the question since there are other ingredients needed for a person to be economically well.

yeh so many cds books and other sourcesare there.Its seems like its won't end. All we have to do is study and studyBig smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top