datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 25 January 2007 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Wisdom in a few pages
Passed down from ages
All contained in a book,
come, have a look!

--------------

DO you believe in buying books are collecting them?

OR, do you prefer issuing them from the library and return them one you've read?

Why, or why not?

Preets

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Buy Books or Issue From Library?" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Anastacia

IF-Veteran Member

Anastacia

Posted: 26 January 2007 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by datspreets

DO you believe in buying books are collecting them? Yes, I do believe buying books are for collection because they would be worth some value in the future and might become precious. Of course, if one buys, one must read it.

OR, do you prefer issuing them from the library and return them one you've read? I prefer this one because I don't spend any penny and have the pleasure reading it.

Jia

IF-Rockerz

Jia

-

Posted: 26 January 2007 at 5:30pm | IP Logged
i normally don't buy books, coz i buy enough text books. :p but i love to borrow it from friends or the library. :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nina_sabin

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 27 January 2007 at 2:07am | IP Logged
I hardly buy any books Confused I have better avenues to spend my money on. Plus, the library has a great collection, so why not utilise the facility?

Morgoth

IF-Veteran Member

Morgoth

--

Posted: 27 January 2007 at 5:14am | IP Logged
Initially, the place where I lived had NO library facilities. So I was forced to buy all the books that I wanted to read. Being a voracious reader of fiction, I tended to spend all my allowance on that, much to the charign of my parents. LOL

Now, since I have a library close to where I live, I don't buy any books; I borrow them.  

He has appeared in Tamanna and Aazmayish

Edited by Naina_Manam - 28 February 2007 at 4:25pm

Tearšrops

Tearšrops

Posted: 27 January 2007 at 5:13pm | IP Logged
I loved going to the library with my dad, i'd always get the max. allowance which was 8 Wink I've only ever bought a few books those of which were highly recommended and i couldn't wait to read them. There was a big gap where i hardly read books becuase i'd found passion for other things and no time for books.

-Nayab-

Pensive

Goldie

Pensive

Posted: 27 January 2007 at 5:59pm | IP Logged
Though I do go  to library but most of the time I spend most of money by buying loads of book. Some times even after reading it from library I do end up buying same books if I found that interesting .*sigh*

-Nayab-

Sand

IF-Veteran Member

Sand

Posted: 27 January 2007 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
I am in between, depending on the book... If it is something that I know I will use often, then I definitely buy it (even if I'm broke Dead). Also, I buy all the books that are related to my profession because I want to have them forever Smile It sucks though coz just this semester I have spent around $600+ in books alone Cry But if it is a book that I just need to read and be done with, then I just borrow from the library. The thing is I love writing notes and making marks on my books so I usually have to buy them otherwise our neighborhood library will be very unhappy LOLLOL Also, I am weird coz I love shopping in a bookstore Embarrassed!! It's like going to a candy store for me LOL

Edited by Sand - 27 January 2007 at 9:23pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top