Travel

Do u plan your travel, or go wit d flow?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 25 January 2007 at 8:11pm | IP Logged
A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~Lao Tzu
^^ Lao Tzu believes to go with the flow.

We all love travelling, but my question is whether you guys plan your travel - with the booking for transport, stay and local guides or you go with the flow, decide to go to any destination at radom and are a backpacker!

Both of tehes have their advantages and disadvantages.the more adventurous kind go with the flow, but if you are time bound, planning your trip is a boon.

So whats your style? If you plan your trip, how do you do it? via travel operators or by researching the internet and calling up hotels etc on your own.

If you go with the flow, how do you decide upon the destination?

looking forward to your replies.

Preeti

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do u plan your travel, or go wit d flow?" in Travel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

samir_soni

Goldie

samir_soni

Posted: 25 January 2007 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
Well, I never traveled far without my parents....when I go somewhere with my friends we search online about hours and transportation schedule but we don't make a concrete plan. It never works. Sometimes if we make a plan we end up walking around the block and eating @ subway. So its better to go with the flow. Then we are open to alternatives.

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 27 January 2007 at 1:45am | IP Logged
Most of my travels (when they're for more than 3 days/when we're going to some far off place) are planned. Usually we and my dad plan out how to go, whwre to stay, how many days, what all pit-stops to take, thinks to carry etc.

But when it's just a 1 day outing with my pals, or if its for a few hours, its usually on-the-spot decision!

buttercup

IF-Veteran Member

buttercup

Posted: 05 February 2007 at 3:38am | IP Logged
I hardly plan!! Big smile

dannyk

IF-Veteran Member

dannyk

Posted: 08 February 2007 at 6:05am | IP Logged
just go with flow ... as i never plan the same in detail ..

Naina_Manam

IF-Dazzler

Naina_Manam

Posted: 19 February 2007 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
I always go with the flow.  Of course, I haven't been anywhere really far without anyone with me (Be it my parents or friends) but we just go where we like to go and want to go at the moment.  For example, we just decide alright we are going to Florida and we go there, freshen up, take the tour of the state and then go anywhere that seems interesting to visit.

kal-el

IF-Sizzlerz

kal-el

Posted: 13 March 2007 at 7:47am | IP Logged
plan yep the day before, i decided i wanted to go to pakistan so went to travel agents booked the tickets for next day, packed bags an went

Naughty_n_nice

IF-Veteran Member

Naughty_n_nice

IFs Creative Head

Posted: 15 March 2007 at 8:33am | IP Logged

Normally, after landing in the place, we make the plans... unless there's something already fixed...

I've always wanted to go on a trip just by myself, with no dates fixed, no hotels booked, no flight tickets, no meals payed for, no tour, no nothing. Just go on my own and enjoy the city. At the moment if i plan such things though, my parents will disown me.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top