Ayushmaan

The new Ayushmaan

OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 19 years ago

[email protected]
NEW FACE: Sudeep Sahir
Sudeep SAHIR has replaced Vinod Singh as the new face of Ayushmaan (Sony).

Model-tuned-actor Sahir had been initially considered for the role. "I was approached by the producers (Cinevistaas) for a serial. But I was unaware what exactly the show was about.

Moreover, at that time I did not want to do television," he says.

"Most of the stuff on the small screen is female-oriented, so I preferred to stick to modelling." With Ayushmaan, which he describes "as a male protagonist backed show," he does not mind doing television.

Ayushmaan, inspired by the internationally-acclaimed series Doogie Howser MD, is about a teen wonder doc. Sahir is 24 and much taller than his predecessor Singh. "Yes, I am taller," he admits. As preparation for the role he sat and read the scripts of the first 12 episodes.

"I had not seen much of the show, so instead of watching it I thought it would be better to read the script to understand the character." As it is a daily, Sahir does not have now time left to pursue other commitments at the moment. "We are shooting every day as it is a daily."

Incidentally, Singh had been sacked from the soap last week after he bashed up a painter of the neighbouring set during a shoot. He alleges that he was forced to resort to this behaviour after the painter deliberately brushed past co-star Tani (Neha Mehta).

[email protected]

Who is Sudeep Sahir?

Played Addy in Kyun Hota Hai Pyarr (Star Plus)

Appears as the bridegroom in the De Beers Heera hai tu ad besides in the Motorola prepaid ads

Features in Kunal Ganjawala's music video Channa Vey and in Saregama HMV's Odhni

Flew with Jet Airways for one-and-a-half years

Began modelling in Delhi and later shifted to Mumbai

Doogie Howser MD

The original Doogie Howser MD is a 16-year-old doc who once delivered a baby in a shopping mall.

Helping him in being a boy genius and a regular kid are his father (also a doctor) and mother besides a fellow resident.

Keeping him in touch with the teen world are his two friend with one of them as the object of Doogie's desires.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
thanks fortvpur...that was something good to read about both the people...
anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i guess it is also time to change the banner....
nish_k thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i think new ayushman is cool ..thnx for the info
bd_girl thumbnail
The new ayush is good but he dont look like a 17 yrs old boy.but the first ayush was not bad and he was perfect as a 17 yr old boy.
jprasad thumbnail
the first Ayush looked very innocent...whomever thought he
would be such a brat!
HUMM thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Oh thks for the info yaar!!
I feel the new one is much better!!😛
Swati08 thumbnail
thankx for the info.  the new ayush is cute and sounds alot younger😊
nasshuu thumbnail
IN THE FIST PIC THIS NEW AYUSH  WHEN HE LAUGH HE IS LIKE A "DINO MOREA"HAHAHAHAH😆