Book Talk
Book Talk

India-Forums

Over-rated book which turned out trashy? (Page 8)

missmhow Goldie
missmhow
missmhow

Posted: 09 October 2009 at 8:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by moonlit.gold

Twilight.  I wanted to stop reading it less than half way through, but then I felt like i needed to read the whole thing to fully decide whether or not I really hated it that much. 

Yep. Still strongly dislike that one. Confused

I
same here!!!!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

thornewood9chhiltAnhdara13

gujunpyo IF-Sizzlerz
gujunpyo
gujunpyo

Posted: 16 October 2009 at 3:05am | IP Logged
alchemist...pointness..!!

people mentioning harry potter here...Wacko...harry potter has every thing...from human emotions,to magical feelings....seriously the plot itself is so magical,plus the various characters depicted in the bbook,make it a must read for every age group..:)

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

sourpusschhiltBeyond_the_VeilTani91myownarea..RamKiJanaki..

.Evita. Senior Member

Posted: 17 October 2009 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
gujunpyo IF-Sizzlerz
gujunpyo
gujunpyo

Posted: 18 October 2009 at 11:59am | IP Logged
i loovvvveeee dan brown booksEmbarrassedApprove

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sourpuss

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 18 October 2009 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Eloquent

Originally posted by devilangel

Originally posted by marvelous.malks

Originally posted by WoHaXItZxAaKi

Originally posted by Naughty_n_nice

Originally posted by devilangel

i think harry potter..

everywhere its like omg its sooo good! but when i read it.. it has nothing new or interesting in it.. its just plot.. even the suspense was predictable

Completely disagree Embarrassed
Sorry to say but it's not everyday that an author makes and imagines a complete new world where every single thing has been thought of... From characters to transport to communication! It was completely new, unless if you've seen the movie first or read one of the many authors who's caught on the "magic"

One book overrated, i think was 5 point someone. It was good book no doubt but the way people were going on and on about it! It was no real story as such. Just incidents. And the end of the year. that's about it. I somehow expected more. Never the less, it was well written. Clap

now sam[i think thts ur name] i disagree wid u...! to me...harry potter is soo over-rated!! I was hoping that someone would actually mention harry potter in this thread and was pleased by seeing this. I dont think by writing this fantasy series J.K. Rowling deserved to be the richest writer in the literary history! since there are books way better than this! [jus my poin of view]  

Of course, Harry Potter has its technique of catching reader's interests, but, I somehow also don't like the book.  I have only read the first one, because I started it.  I also found it so boring. 

Once again, it depends on your selection, and what genre you prefer.  I, for one, am not into magic, wands, and the magical world that Harry Potter illustrates.

well.. she doesnt have a very good writing style.. i like her imagination and all that.. but when it comes to style she has nil..  no offence k? but i dont like how she blames killing dumbly and stuff on author constraints.. you dont always have to completely stereotypical i think..

once again..no offence

I completely disagree with you..Harry Potter is the best series I have ever read...what else do you need other than a good plot dear? A plot IS one of the main requisites for writing a story..now you can't have a book without a plot..so I so totally disagree.

As for killings, I think it was done very nicely and perfectly..she demonstrated to me that life can be taken away in a second....

As for the magic aspect..I like it as hers is the best explanation on magic I have ever read. Most books give a very vague and incomplete info on magic and most probably it is only the main protagonist who can do magic and that too...it suddenly erupts out of him...from his hands or feetOuch
Jo has created a complete society and a whole commuity of magic..a society which has the same human flaws of greed, manipulations, psychopaths, poverty, bigotry, wars and destruction and much more.
In short, her world isn't the perfect lil place with all people being goody goody two shoes, like in all the magical books
Plus I love the characterization very much. It rocks!Clap You can't say it's a children's book or adult book coz, as the protagonist has grown up..so have the books...and I find that very unique and I doubt I would find this in any series I have read so far.

And one thing I loved was..she gave friendship preference over romance...and the love stories are always in the background and used as comic sub plots. Not only friendship..she has shown so many different types of relationships an the impact they have on the protagonist...
I am well fed up of the cliched romancing in almost every book I readOuch

Couldn't have said it better myself.Clap It there is one series that isn't over-rated, it's HP!Big smile Just my opinion.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.fahmisourpusschhiltmyownarea

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 18 October 2009 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Like most people here, I too think Twiligth was over-rated. Yeah, I've read worse books, but it didn't match up to the hype.

Also, I thought the DaVinci Code was over-rated, sorry.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.fahmiElusiveDevotionthornewood9QuirkychhiltAnhdara13isomersBeyond_the_Veilmyownarea

isomers IF-Sizzlerz
isomers
isomers

Posted: 06 November 2009 at 6:05pm | IP Logged
Okay don't kill me for this..but the book I think is completely over-rated has to be Twilight.
I read the first one..and the second book was being so hyped that I waited to read it. After I read it..i really wanted to kill myself, actually I never read it completely..I only got half way through the second book.
I don't know if there's something wrong with me or the book cuz everyone else but me seem to like Twilight.

OMG!! ^^ I typed this and I read your post!! we both have the same opinion on Twilight!!

Edited by nityatarlapally - 06 November 2009 at 6:06pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

EatPrayLovedr.fahmiMemyself09thornewood9QuirkychhiltAnhdara13

FollowYourHeart IF-Sizzlerz
FollowYourHeart
FollowYourHeart

Posted: 15 November 2009 at 9:04am | IP Logged
Twilight for sureeeeeeee half my enthu got killed by alld hype it created and d other half got killed by d whole plot for me its totally a no brainer

Also chetan Bhagat's books..damm damm overratedLOL

Edited by FollowYourHeart - 15 November 2009 at 9:14am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chhilt

Go to top