Book Talk

Over-rated book which turned out trashy? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 18

kirtib

IF-Veteran Member

kirtib

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 06 April 2007 at 11:37am | IP Logged
I completely disagree with people who feels that night in call centre was boring.. I think it was really nice. It really gave us an insight of how call centre work in India. In India the youngsters are getting quick money by working in these call centres but ser there is no dignity in this job. You are taking crap from foreigners who knows nothing. Imagine ur whole identity is changed..Nikhil becomes Nick Jaspreet becomes Jazz.. What is this?? I think the book really give us a glimpse of how things actually are at the call centre with some interesting plot so that the readers dont feel bored.. I really liked the book.

Edited by kirtib - 06 April 2007 at 11:38am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nimmi.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Over-rated book which turned out trashy? (Page 3)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

diyafah

IF-Rockerz

diyafah

Retro Podcast Team, I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 10 April 2007 at 12:44pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Naughty_n_nice

Originally posted by devilangel

i think harry potter..

everywhere its like omg its sooo good! but when i read it.. it has nothing new or interesting in it.. its just plot.. even the suspense was predictable

Completely disagree Embarrassed
Sorry to say but it's not everyday that an author makes and imagines a complete new world where every single thing has been thought of... From characters to transport to communication! It was completely new, unless if you've seen the movie first or read one of the many authors who's caught on the "magic"

One book overrated, i think was 5 point someone. It was good book no doubt but the way people were going on and on about it! It was no real story as such. Just incidents. And the end of the year. that's about it. I somehow expected more. Never the less, it was well written. Clap
i so agree wid you..when i read the 3rd book..it just cud'nt go frm my memory..whtz written is not true..but she created a magicial world where we can imagine and indulge in creativity...many authors write the same kind of books..no uniqueness!but jk has written a book for us which takes us to another world..a world of bravery,unconditional frendship and love!I just love the book!no doubt..it rocks..it lives upto ur expectations!!!A book which may give us sum sort of goosebumps and nervousness!I love it!!!!ClapClap

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

RainNshineQuirkyshivani003Tani91gujunpyoArwen.myownarea..RamKiJanaki..

~*Ria*~

IF-Dazzler

~*Ria*~

Posted: 26 April 2007 at 5:50pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by datspreets

Ever been in a situation where you went all out to buy the book the city's been raving about, and the book turend out to be trashy? Hahaha...you're not alone, we all have come accross such over-rated books which have no steam LOL . Do leave in your answer here!

Over-rated book which turned out trashy?

Preets

Yeah... the girl with the pearl earringDead.... i'd rather listen to my paternal grandma talk abt her days in amritsarDead

shriyaroxxx

IF-Dazzler

shriyaroxxx

Posted: 28 April 2007 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by WoHaXItZxAaKi

i think harry potter..

everywhere its like omg its sooo good! but when i read it.. it has nothing new or interesting in it.. its just plot.. even the suspense was predictable

Sorry to say but it's not everyday that an author makes and imagines a complete new world where every single thing has been thought of... From characters to transport to communication! It was completely new, unless if you've seen the movie first or read one of the many authors who's caught on the "magic"

now sam[i think thts ur name] i disagree wid u...! to me...harry potter is soo over-rated!! I was hoping that someone would actually mention harry potter in this thread and was pleased by seeing this. I dont think by writing this fantasy series J.K. Rowling deserved to be the richest writer in the literary history! since there are books way better than this! [jus my poin of view]  

im sure there r many books better than harry potter, but i do agree wid sam..... jk rowling hasn't become the world's for nothing.... there r more than a million ppl on this planet who absolutely love the harry potter books (me included Embarrassed ).... if the hp books were disappointing, then nobody wud read them.... anyway, to each his own Smile.... everybody has their own point of view & i guess urs differs frm mine.....Big smile

to me, it wud be "The Monk who Sold his Ferrari".... my bro told me its very good but i didn't really like it Ouch

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shivani003Arwen.gujunpyo..RamKiJanaki..myownarea

sakura*

sakura*

Posted: 09 May 2007 at 11:25am | IP Logged
i kno all of u will disagree with me but i think 'emma' by 'jane austen' is really boring i read sth like 100 pgs and then i gave up.the same thing keeps on going on and on and nothing interesting happens. but everyone else who read it says that it is a very good book.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nimmi.

marvelous.malks

IF-Sizzlerz

marvelous.malks

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 4:10pm | IP Logged

i think harry potter..

One book overrated, i think was 5 point someone. It was good book no doubt but the way people were going on and on about it! It was no real story as such. Just incidents. And the end of the year. that's about it. I somehow expected more. Never the less, it was well written. Clap

now sam[i think thts ur name] i disagree wid u...! to me...harry potter is soo over-rated!! I was hoping that someone would actually mention harry potter in this thread and was pleased by seeing this. I dont think by writing this fantasy series J.K. Rowling deserved to be the richest writer in the literary history! since there are books way better than this! [jus my poin of view]  

Of course, Harry Potter has its technique of catching reader's interests, but, I somehow also don't like the book.  I have only read the first one, because I started it.  I also found it so boring. 

Once again, it depends on your selection, and what genre you prefer.  I, for one, am not into magic, wands, and the magical world that Harry Potter illustrates.

devilangel

IF-Dazzler

devilangel

Posted: 21 May 2007 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by marvelous.malks

i think harry potter..

Of course, Harry Potter has its technique of catching reader's interests, but, I somehow also don't like the book.  I have only read the first one, because I started it.  I also found it so boring. 

Once again, it depends on your selection, and what genre you prefer.  I, for one, am not into magic, wands, and the magical world that Harry Potter illustrates.

well.. she doesnt have a very good writing style.. i like her imagination and all that.. but when it comes to style she has nil..  no offence k? but i dont like how she blames killing dumbly and stuff on author constraints.. you dont always have to completely stereotypical i think..

once again..no offence

devilangel

IF-Dazzler

devilangel

Posted: 21 May 2007 at 4:31pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by marvelous.malks

i think harry potter..

well.. she doesnt have a very good writing style.. i like her imagination and all that.. but when it comes to style she has nil..  no offence k? but i dont like how she blames killing dumbly and stuff on author constraints.. you dont always have to completely stereotypical i think.. and yes, its about what genre you prefer.. me, personally, i dont like teenage, romance or fantasy books.. so guess that didnt work out Embarrassed

once again..no offence

Post Reply New Post

Go to top