Book Talk
Book Talk

India-Forums

Over-rated book which turned out trashy? (Page 2)

Cutie_ 95 Groupbie
Cutie_ 95
Cutie_ 95

Posted: 08 February 2007 at 6:38pm | IP Logged
Read kiki strike under the shadow city!
Its a book you will never forget!
devilangel IF-Dazzler
devilangel
devilangel

Posted: 09 February 2007 at 4:40pm | IP Logged
i think harry potter..

everywhere its like omg its sooo good! but when i read it.. it has nothing new or interesting in it.. its just plot.. even the suspense was predictable
sareeta IF-Sizzlerz
sareeta
sareeta

Posted: 16 February 2007 at 8:37am | IP Logged

Originally posted by datspreets

I think 'One Night@ The Call Centre' was so talked about and hyped, but in my opinion, it was crappy. I expected so much more. The narration was boring, and the end was disappointing too Ouch

I'd agree with you completely!!! It was really booooooooooooooooooring and I jus had to read thru, coz my friend ... wanted me to and she was raving.. and I sat thru the book , in vain hope of a good twist... but naaaaaah it never came!! Hmph!! Biggest disappointment ever!Ouch

Naughty_n_nice IF-Veteran Member
Naughty_n_nice
Naughty_n_nice

Posted: 11 March 2007 at 8:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by devilangel

i think harry potter..

everywhere its like omg its sooo good! but when i read it.. it has nothing new or interesting in it.. its just plot.. even the suspense was predictable

Completely disagree Embarrassed
Sorry to say but it's not everyday that an author makes and imagines a complete new world where every single thing has been thought of... From characters to transport to communication! It was completely new, unless if you've seen the movie first or read one of the many authors who's caught on the "magic"

One book overrated, i think was 5 point someone. It was good book no doubt but the way people were going on and on about it! It was no real story as such. Just incidents. And the end of the year. that's about it. I somehow expected more. Never the less, it was well written. Clap

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

noe23sweet-knifesweetscent13ManEet_KaShheidirimi10-Su-HPCRAZYBilliCat.Quirkyshivani003Jess.U-No-PoogujunpyoTani91shockalot..RamKiJanaki..myownarea

WoHaXItZxAaKi IF-Rockerz
WoHaXItZxAaKi
WoHaXItZxAaKi

Posted: 25 March 2007 at 8:28pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Naughty_n_nice

Originally posted by devilangel

i think harry potter..

Completely disagree Embarrassed
Sorry to say but it's not everyday that an author makes and imagines a complete new world where every single thing has been thought of... From characters to transport to communication! It was completely new, unless if you've seen the movie first or read one of the many authors who's caught on the "magic"

One book overrated, i think was 5 point someone. It was good book no doubt but the way people were going on and on about it! It was no real story as such. Just incidents. And the end of the year. that's about it. I somehow expected more. Never the less, it was well written. Clap

now sam[i think thts ur name] i disagree wid u...! to me...harry potter is soo over-rated!! I was hoping that someone would actually mention harry potter in this thread and was pleased by seeing this. I dont think by writing this fantasy series J.K. Rowling deserved to be the richest writer in the literary history! since there are books way better than this! [jus my poin of view]  

DivyaD IF-Rockerz
DivyaD
DivyaD

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 3:28am | IP Logged

Originally posted by T.

The most overrated book was Salman Rushdie's Satanic Verses. Rusdie is the most overrated writer by far, in my opinion!

I sooo agree with you!!! It was such a waste of time!

remixrulz IF-Veteran Member
remixrulz
remixrulz

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 6:06am | IP Logged
i happen to like both harry potter n five point someone Embarrassed
for me...it would be angels and demons by dan brown.
I rea digital fortress n da vinci,...n angels n demons is supposed to b d first part of da vinci...but it was so diapoointing Ouch ...borin...i was actually sloggin through it to reach d end Ouch
Pri-don

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

~Sirius*Ysh~ IF-Dazzler
~Sirius*Ysh~
~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 30 March 2007 at 6:46am | IP Logged
i think harry potter IS overrated but Sam has a good point so i am neutral on that... but let me tell you whatsoverrated and i hated

War And Peace!!!!!
it was so boring!!!!!!!!!! i tell you i couldnt get past 20 pages...

Go to top