Book Talk

Over-rated book which turned out trashy? (Page 16)

Post Reply New Post

Page 16 of 18

-Blossy-

Goldie

-Blossy-

Posted: 15 October 2010 at 7:40am | IP Logged
i think that the namesake is slightly over-rated although it had its moments

i dunno, the whole Asian American angsty teen thing seemed overwrought to me; I just HATED Gogol... i don't know if it was actual any element of the style or writing... I have always enjoyed Lahiri's aesthetics; just the plot and characters were, to me, whole unsatisfying and unsympathetic, but then, this is the subjectivity of literature

i was forced to read and reveiw it.....

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

HPCRAZY

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Over-rated book which turned out trashy? (Page 16)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

dr.fahmi

Goldie

dr.fahmi

Posted: 15 October 2010 at 10:16am | IP Logged
twilight obviously. i only read first part and i gave up in the middle of new moon. was there any logic to anything in it?? Edward loved bella becoz she smells good and he cannot read her mind(some1 commented "how can he when she has no brainLOL"), and bella loved edward because he has a perfect face, he glitters in sun.. great!!! what a love story. there are better fan-fictions than this over-hyped saga

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SM28Swati_HegdeHPCRAZYQuirky

-Blossy-

Goldie

-Blossy-

Posted: 15 October 2010 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dr.fahmi

twilight obviously. i only read first part and i gave up in the middle of new moon. was there any logic to anything in it?? Edward loved bella becoz she smells good and he cannot read her mind(some1 commented "how can he when she has no brainLOL"), and bella loved edward because he has a perfect face, he glitters in sun.. great!!! what a love story. there are better fan-fictions than this over-hyped saga
I totally agree with you. I had a long convo with a friend about how edward should be a fairy. I mean come on he sparkles....
Dracula is a real vampire not cullen he sucks (pun intendedWinkLOL)

Twilight fans....no offence

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.fahmiSwati_HegdeQuirky

Swati_Hegde

Goldie

Swati_Hegde

Posted: 17 October 2010 at 11:53am | IP Logged
For me... well... the Twilight series! All my female friends (and some males, too.. Stern Smile) were going ga-ga over it so I decided to give it a shot. But... I kept convincing myself that there'll be something good in the next chapter, next chapter... and finally, the series got over. Stern Smile So, for me, Twilight!

Just my p.o.v - Sorry to Twilight fans!

PS - I agree, Edward is more like a fairy than a vampire! ROFL

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

HPCRAZYQuirkyisomers

dr.fahmi

Goldie

dr.fahmi

Posted: 18 October 2010 at 2:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Swati_Hegde

I decided to give it a shot. But... I kept convincing myself that there'll be something good in the next chapter, next chapter... and finally, the series got over. Stern Smile So, for me, Twilight!
PS - I agree, Edward is more like a fairy than a vampire! ROFL
some how i managed to finish part 1 by turning pages most of the time, but then i was fed up doing so in new moon too so i had no choice other then to leave it. i did not had the stamina to go thru the entire series to know what was special in it.Confusedsorry twilight fans

loki101

loki101

Posted: 19 October 2010 at 5:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shruti14

As an author I think both Vikas Swaroop and Chetan Bhagat are over rated. But Chetan Bhagat at least has easy quick reads. I recently read Six Suspects by VIkas Swarup and hated every minute of it. Its lame, a fictional plot of the Jessica Lal case and so very mediocre.

Another book which was over rated and I personally didn't like very much was The Alchamist. I still haven't been able to finish it!!!

Shruti

Paolo Coelho is highly overrated for me as well.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

Midnight_Shade

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 24 October 2010 at 10:11pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

QuirkyBeyond_the_Veil

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 31 October 2010 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top