Book Talk

Over-rated book which turned out trashy? (Page 15)

Post Reply New Post

Page 15 of 18

princessmithai

Goldie

princessmithai

Posted: 26 September 2010 at 1:43am | IP Logged
Hands down TWILIGHT

Edited by princessmithai - 26 September 2010 at 1:47am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Nimmi.HPCRAZYNida_21-Candy-cooldude10

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Over-rated book which turned out trashy? (Page 15)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

cooldude10

IF-Sizzlerz

cooldude10

Posted: 26 September 2010 at 11:01am | IP Logged
Twilight Stern Smile

-Candy-

IF-Dazzler

-Candy-

Posted: 02 October 2010 at 3:52am | IP Logged
Twilight's 4th book Breaking Dawnn....i hatee dis book like hell....i read all the prts nd found dis one soo boring nd too bloody....i swear vampires nd werewolved wuld rock if stephenie meyer had NOT spoilt dem !! *no offence*

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

HPCRAZY

sindhyaa.

IF-Sizzlerz

sindhyaa.

Posted: 02 October 2010 at 9:08am | IP Logged
I think For me it was Dan Browns 'The Lost Symbol'. Ok so maybe the book wasn't as bad as you all are contemplating after reading this, and don't take my opinion seriously over the book. But with the whole place around me buzzing about the book, and the amazing plot and simplicity of the concept, i had expected so much more. I was ready for something as good as Angels & Demons, but the book was clearly disappointing, since the whole thing was so repetitive. It was good no doubt, un-put-down-able for some too! But it was just the same old thing all over again. So i was pretty much disappointed with the storyline.  

gujunpyo

sindhyaa.

IF-Sizzlerz

sindhyaa.

Posted: 02 October 2010 at 9:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Candy-

Twilight's 4th book Breaking Dawnn....i hatee dis book like hell....i read all the prts nd found dis one soo boring nd too bloody....i swear vampires nd werewolved wuld rock if stephenie meyer had NOT spoilt dem !! *no offence*

LOL! I dont know, i found the book, the best one from the series. Somewhere i found stephenie meyer put much more of sense into this book, than any other. It was stretched out to infinite-some, and yet i found it much more interesting as compared to eclipse. :-D

sindhyaa.

IF-Sizzlerz

sindhyaa.

Posted: 02 October 2010 at 9:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Sakina-

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown..after his previous works we had all thought this one wud be phenomenal...but...well...

I agree completely, i had such high expectations from that book, and i found myself yawning all through the book. It was the same old concept- Langdon finds hidden syumbols, investigation with some woman, and in the end they suceed- I was expecting something new!

sindhyaa.

IF-Sizzlerz

sindhyaa.

Posted: 02 October 2010 at 9:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Anhdara13

The number of people who dislike Twilight astounds me, as well as gives me hope. Thank God I'm not the only one! The only reason I completed the series is because I have this issue with leaving something half-way once I've started reading it.

For one thing, I could not stand Meyer's main character. I did not understand how Bella fell in love with Edward, and her 'fleshing' out of these two? Barely done. Edward had his alright moments, but Bella just seemed superficial to me. I really liked the way she wrote her side-characters though. Jake Black, Alice, Rosalie, Jasper and the rest of the pack had more substance in my opinion.

And the whole Jake-imprinting-on-Nessie thing was just disgusting for me. He's in love with the mom than all of a sudden the daughter is his soulmate? It was a disappointment. I expected so much more when my sister told me about this. When everybody was raving about this. Vampire stories usually have an edge to them, this seemed to be lacking it.

Someone mentioned Angels & Demons earlier, I think in page 2. OMG, seriously? It was my favourite of his four books! I haven't read The Lost Symbol yet, but I'm expecting quite a bit. I was disappointed with his Digital Fortress. The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons were excellent, I think.

Love,
Radz

I totally agree, if ever there was a book i could never close once open, its angels and demons. But Radz, if you found digital fortress disappointing, then i think you should not take the risk of trying the lost symbol. Its the worst piece of the cake. You'll end up wondering why you even bothered. 

gujunpyo

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 02 October 2010 at 9:32am | IP Logged
^^ I've actually already read that. I didn't mind it. Yes it's the same formula as the earlier books, but it was pretty interesting anyways. Maybe because I waited a long time between reading Dan Brown books before reading it. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top