Book Talk

   

Over-rated book which turned out trashy? (Page 13)

Post Reply New Post

Page 13 of 18

Pooj@

IF-Dazzler

Pooj@

Joined: 10 February 2009

Posts: 3078

Posted: 18 March 2010 at 5:27am | IP Logged
I have read the above mentioned book - Anything for you ma'am. And I agree it was a bit over hyped, but it was like theek hain yaar, chalta hain read, when you have nothing else to read.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sindhyaa.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Over-rated book which turned out trashy? (Page 13)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Joined: 29 May 2009

Posts: 15355

Posted: 19 March 2010 at 12:04am | IP Logged
IMO, Twilight IS the MOST over rated book EVER! At first I thought that maybe the book would be worth the craze, but when I actually read the entire thing, i was like, Gah, THIS is the reason for people's CRAZINESS?

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

EatPrayLoveHPCRAZYsourpussbubblygurlchhiltTani91sindhyaa.

-Su-

Goldie

-Su-

Joined: 02 October 2009

Posts: 1159

Posted: 19 March 2010 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
Hmm....can u give reason y u think Twilight is trashy and overrated pls?

and............I haven't cum accross any such buk, except one nite @ a call center, it was not gud at all! actually I don't lyk most of CB stuff

EatPrayLove

Senior Member

EatPrayLove

Joined: 10 July 2009

Posts: 314

Posted: 20 March 2010 at 4:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by KaSh_Luver1997

Hmm....can u give reason y u think Twilight is trashy and overrated pls?

and............I haven't cum accross any such buk, except one nite @ a call center, it was not gud at all! actually I don't lyk most of CB stuff

@bold:
1.It's not really a love story. It's about how much Bella loves Edward's "perfect" face.
2. Bella is a Mary-Sue character.
3.Meyer's language is very repetitive. I've explained this point on a previous post in this thread.
4. I never understood Edward and how he fell for Bella. Actually, did he ever?
5. Sometimes it becomes too cheesy to tolerate.
6. If it were published in the 18th century, then seeing how Edward saves Bella and how he protects her and how Bella gives a damn about nothing but him would have made me blush and drool and go crazy over Edward Cullen. (If IF had exisited at that time, my username would have been MrsEdwardCullen
Unfortunately, Stephenie came in a little late. Guess what? It's the 21st century. Women have careers. Women do not think that husbands are their gods. Women are independent.
And thus, I can only puke when I read the Saga and not drool; the characters are primitive, backward, weak.

That is just 25% of the reasons why I find the Twilight Saga plain trash.If I have time, I'll edit the post and put in the remaining 75% reasons as well.



Edited by mayur16 - 20 March 2010 at 4:55am

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

AppleBlossomManEet_KaShRainNshinesilver.HPCRAZYdr.fahmisourpusschhiltAnhdara13-DarthVader-Tani91sindhyaa.spiritcrimsonpetticoat

missmhow

Goldie

missmhow

Joined: 05 June 2006

Posts: 1548

Posted: 22 March 2010 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mayur16

[QUOTE=KaSh_Luver1997]@bold:
1.It's not really a love story. It's about how much Bella loves Edward's "perfect" face.
2. Bella is a Mary-Sue character.
3.Meyer's language is very repetitive. I've explained this point on a previous post in this thread.
4. I never understood Edward and how he fell for Bella. Actually, did he ever?
5. Sometimes it becomes too cheesy to tolerate.
6. If it were published in the 18th century, then seeing how Edward saves Bella and how he protects her and how Bella gives a damn about nothing but him would have made me blush and drool and go crazy over Edward Cullen. (If IF had exisited at that time, my username would have been MrsEdwardCullen
Unfortunately, Stephenie came in a little late. Guess what? It's the 21st century. Women have careers. Women do not think that husbands are their gods. Women are independent.
And thus, I can only puke when I read the Saga and not drool; the characters are primitive, backward, weak.

That is just 25% of the reasons why I find the Twilight Saga plain trash.If I have time, I'll edit the post and put in the remaining 75% reasons as well.

i agree 100%.itw as such a waste of time..the book didnt have even a single aspect where it cud be less than trashy.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ManEet_KaShHPCRAZYchhilt

missmhow

Goldie

missmhow

Joined: 05 June 2006

Posts: 1548

Posted: 22 March 2010 at 6:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pooj@

I have read the above mentioned book - Anything for you ma'am. And I agree it was a bit over hyped, but it was like theek hain yaar, chalta hain read, when you have nothing else to read.
i didnt enjoy it at all maybe bcoz i took the review seriously.iw as exopecting it to be funny and it was nothing but immature stuff .i mean a keep-ur-brain-aside-and-watch movie is better...

-Becky-

Senior Member

-Becky-

Joined: 27 February 2006

Posts: 220

Posted: 29 August 2010 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
I haven't read the Twilight series myself (nor do I plan to) but from what I have heard, they are a major let down in terms of their hype. 

pomegranate

IF-Dazzler

pomegranate

Joined: 07 August 2007

Posts: 4294

Posted: 29 August 2010 at 2:02pm | IP Logged

without a doubt twilight. I mean I really like robsten togather but the twilight books are horrid.



Edited by pomegranate - 29 August 2010 at 2:09pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Recommend - A - BOOK!

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 46 47

datspreets 374 60248 29 December 2012 at 4:24pm
By B428
Which is your favourite Harry Potter book

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11

RAJAYE_HIND 84 8685 13 August 2011 at 3:23pm
By -GredForge-
name the book AngelsHeaven 7 716 14 December 2009 at 12:12am
By Arushi.
Book Nutters Ka Chat Club!

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58

-Mystery- 460 11050 08 December 2009 at 9:28am
By shakira-13
Most over-rated book(s).

2 3 4 5

-Navi 37 3046 31 January 2009 at 11:28am
By Ahlaam5

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Book Talk Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.