Book Talk

Over-rated book which turned out trashy? (Page 12)

Post Reply New Post

Page 12 of 18

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 21 February 2010 at 3:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Miss.Netherland

Twilight is really good. I mean the way the author describes the whole atmosphere.
It was fab.. And reminding you Edward was a vampire- not a hum so he could be perfect.
+ we're looking the story from her eyes

You mean to say that it's okay for anti-human beings to be perfect? ROFL 

Oh and yeah, you're right. First person narration killed the already trashy book. Bella is such an annoying, useless, whiny, weak, pathetic and stupid teenager that reading the book through her POV made me want to burn the book. Trust me, I had a dream doing the same.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

EatPrayLoveyikesManEet_KaShHPCRAZYMemyself09sourpusshello.chhiltJess.Tani91sindhyaa.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Over-rated book which turned out trashy? (Page 12)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Memyself09

Goldie

Memyself09

Posted: 22 February 2010 at 3:50am | IP Logged
not to offend anyone; but i feel the twilight  books specially new moon....
 her adjectives are very much repititive , and i feel like as if bella is in love with edward's "perfect "
face rather than him, giving it a superficial feel...and i hate yhe way bella is projected as being the most fragile creature on earth. trying not to waste her breath on anything else but to keep her edward happy....

other book is "the lucky one" by nicholas sparks..... there was no need to read the book , everything enough was given on the backcover of the book.....

Edited by me myself - 22 February 2010 at 4:05am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

HPCRAZYsourpussbubblygurlchhiltJess.sindhyaa.

AppleBlossom

AppleBlossom

Posted: 05 March 2010 at 5:47am | IP Logged
I see a Twilight debate is going on here. I'd love to join it but I don't have the energy to read through 12 pages.
So yeah, on topic, Twilight is the MOST over-rated book of the century.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ManEet_KaShchhiltBeyond_the_VeilTani91

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 06 March 2010 at 10:32am | IP Logged
Twilight without a doubt. I cant believe some people dont like Harry Potter or Dan Brown books?? DaVinci Code is like the best book I've ever read apart from Deathly Hallows!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Pinky-sourpusschhiltJess.Beyond_the_Veilsindhyaa.

Pooj@

IF-Dazzler

Pooj@

Posted: 11 March 2010 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Maybe, its just me, but I thought that Ayn Rand's Fountainhead overrated. I agree that I may not have been able to 'digest it' or something, but I found Roark boring!

thornewood9

IF-Dazzler

thornewood9

Posted: 12 March 2010 at 6:49am | IP Logged
Twilight.
Worst book EVER. And it's called a "Saga."
Are you kidding me?
A Saga is Star Wars! It is NOT Twilight.

My God Mills and Boons Books have better character development and better love stories than Twilight! I've read better FANFICTION than Twilight!

What else? Salman Rushdie's Satanic Verses.
One of the worst books I have EVER read. I read it just to see what it was you know? And it was crap.
He basically uses one of the worst excuses you can ever use in a book. At the end it was all a dream.
Are you SERIOUS???
*HeadDesk*

I don't blame all those people for burning his books. That kind of ending would give anyone BookBurningRage.

The Lovely Bones.
It's about a girl who is dead and watching her family from Heaven.
That's not a story! That's a SITUATION!
If I ever came up with that concept and gave it to my English teacher she'd probably kill me for being so lazy!
A tell-tale way to spot a weak writer? They cant? stop weirdly describing peoples eyes. Dont believe me? Try this sentence: Her eyes were like flint and flower petals. Or this one: She asked for coffee and toast in a restaurant and buttered it with her tears.

Really?
She buttered the coffee and toast with her tears? Or this one, this time about someones heart: Her heart, like a recipe, was reduced. What the hell?

I would have got SHOT if I ever wrote crap like that!

Aisha xxxGeek

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

AppleBlossomHPCRAZYsourpussVeritaschhiltsindhyaa.Tani91myownarea

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 13 March 2010 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
^I agree with you about the Lovely Bones..had to read it for an English class for a project...fortunately it was a group project and my group changed it...I couldnt stand it at first..but I do want to watch the movie

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

thornewood9

missmhow

Goldie

missmhow

Posted: 18 March 2010 at 4:58am | IP Logged
   'anything fro u maa'm' by tushar..
now this book isnt really overrated but on the cover things like ""really funny"",'one of the most hilarious books" ,was written so i picked it up for a fast read not really expecting it to be intense or with any substance...but wehn i read it it was full of coincidences...with mediocre language and plot...extermely boring and a real waste of time.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top