Book Talk

Over-rated book which turned out trashy? (Page 11)

Post Reply New Post

Page 11 of 18

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 10 December 2009 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
da vinci code

(I knw broomsticks will follow me for saying this)

it is a blasphemy of historical facts.. half-baked, half researched but well written

i will salute the author's style..everything else about the novel was trashy

and thats my opinionLOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Over-rated book which turned out trashy? (Page 11)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 7:09am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

AlmostHonest

AlmostHonest

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 10:37am | IP Logged
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. I loved the fountainhead so tried reading it but it was boring .. yaaawnn!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Arushi.

Veritas

IF-Dazzler

Veritas

Posted: 15 December 2009 at 7:42am | IP Logged
The Lost symbol,totally crappy.
the predecessors were at least good time pass.

puuuja

puuuja

Posted: 19 January 2010 at 12:03am | IP Logged
well...i think chetan bhagat books are overrated a lot, cuz most of them dont hav a solid story line, just incidents clubbed together...they cud be written so well...like 3 idiots, is soo many times better than the book... he cud hav given better climaxes...so they are kind of timepass for me.. nothing extraordinary

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

EatPrayLoveQuirky

EatPrayLove

EatPrayLove

Posted: 21 January 2010 at 12:15pm | IP Logged
Twilight. Undoubtedly, Twilight.
I found it seriously ewwww with Bella going gaga over her "perfect" Edward. Plus the vocab was so repetitive....I mean, Meyer must have used "perfect" and "smoldering" a million times. She even wrote in one of her books, "lifted his perfect eyebrow" or something like that....how dumb is that?
And then there was Bella: extra good, extra gentle, extra fragile and thus, extra BORING and pathetic!
Then I'll say One Night and Three Mistakes.
One Night just shows how immature the writer is in his views...he's seems to be suffering from a serious inferiority complex or something...he keeps saying again and again "Americans are dumb", "Americans are stupid" ,"Americans this " and all...does he not know that ppl (and countries) must accept their shortcomings and try to overcome them rather than lamenting about being unlucky, being poor and all....
If India is poor it's the result of the actions of Indians,if Americans are rich it's no stroke of luck, it's the outcome of their brains and aptitude!
And lastly, Jane Eyre. I know that everyone generally likes it, but I found the writer's style way too weird. Especially in the middle when she goes,"Dear Reader" and all...but the story was nice....
The only overhyped novel that turned out AMAZING is, so far as I'm concerned,Gone With The Wind.Loved it.

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

Memyself09sourpusspomegranatechhiltQuirkybubblygurlJess.sindhyaa.Tani91

preet089

preet089

Posted: 20 February 2010 at 6:56pm | IP Logged

Just read once more!! Big smile

Edited by preet089 - 03 December 2010 at 8:23pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Midnight_ShadeQuirky

Miss.Netherland

IF-Rockerz

Miss.Netherland

Posted: 21 February 2010 at 2:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mayur16

Twilight. Undoubtedly, Twilight.
I found it seriously ewwww with Bella going gaga over her "perfect" Edward. Plus the vocab was so repetitive....I mean, Meyer must have used "perfect" and "smoldering" a million times. She even wrote in one of her books, "lifted his perfect eyebrow" or something like that....how dumb is that?
And then there was Bella: extra good, extra gentle, extra fragile and thus, extra BORING and pathetic!
Then I'll say One Night and Three Mistakes.
One Night just shows how immature the writer is in his views...he's seems to be suffering from a serious inferiority complex or something...he keeps saying again and again "Americans are dumb", "Americans are stupid" ,"Americans this " and all...does he not know that ppl (and countries) must accept their shortcomings and try to overcome them rather than lamenting about being unlucky, being poor and all....
If India is poor it's the result of the actions of Indians,if Americans are rich it's no stroke of luck, it's the outcome of their brains and aptitude!
And lastly, Jane Eyre. I know that everyone generally likes it, but I found the writer's style way too weird. Especially in the middle when she goes,"Dear Reader" and all...but the story was nice....
The only overhyped novel that turned out AMAZING is, so far as I'm concerned,Gone With The Wind.Loved it.

Twilight is really good. I mean the way the author describes the whole atmosphere.
It was fab.. And reminding you Edward was a vampire- not a hum so he could be perfect.
+ we're looking the story from her eyes

Post Reply New Post

Go to top