Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Blossy- thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: dr.fahmi

twilight obviously. i only read first part and i gave up in the middle of new moon. was there any logic to anything in it?? Edward loved bella becoz she smells good and he cannot read her mind(some1 commented "how can he when she has no brain😆"), and bella loved edward because he has a perfect face, he glitters in sun.. great!!! what a love story. there are better fan-fictions than this over-hyped saga

I totally agree with you. I had a long convo with a friend about how edward should be a fairy. I mean come on he sparkles....
Dracula is a real vampire not cullen he sucks (pun intended😉😆)

Twilight fans....no offence
Swati_Hegde thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
For me... well... the Twilight series! All my female friends (and some males, too.. 😳) were going ga-ga over it so I decided to give it a shot. But... I kept convincing myself that there'll be something good in the next chapter, next chapter... and finally, the series got over. 😳 So, for me, Twilight!

Just my p.o.v - Sorry to Twilight fans!

PS - I agree, Edward is more like a fairy than a vampire! 🤣
dr.fahmi thumbnail
Originally posted by: Swati_Hegde

I decided to give it a shot. But... I kept convincing myself that there'll be something good in the next chapter, next chapter... and finally, the series got over. 😳 So, for me, Twilight!
PS - I agree, Edward is more like a fairy than a vampire! 🤣

some how i managed to finish part 1 by turning pages most of the time, but then i was fed up doing so in new moon too so i had no choice other then to leave it. i did not had the stamina to go thru the entire series to know what was special in it.😕sorry twilight fans
loki101 thumbnail
Originally posted by: shruti14

As an author I think both Vikas Swaroop and Chetan Bhagat are over rated. But Chetan Bhagat at least has easy quick reads. I recently read Six Suspects by VIkas Swarup and hated every minute of it. Its lame, a fictional plot of the Jessica Lal case and so very mediocre.

Another book which was over rated and I personally didn't like very much was The Alchamist. I still haven't been able to finish it!!!

Shruti

Paolo Coelho is highly overrated for me as well.
Midnight_Shade thumbnail

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
I tried my best reading Gone with the Wind, but could not continue. The pace was so slow, the protagonist so annoying and selfish, the writing so excessively and unnecessarily descriptive and stretched out, the plot - if it had any - so soap-opera-esque ... I will give it another try after my exam, but for now, this is the most overrated book I have ever had the most unfortunate chance of reading. I had so much expectations (mostly due the classic status it had achieved) that the book felt pretty crappy. Maybe it will improve as the story progresses, but for now on, I really don't see the mania behind this.
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 13 years ago
EatPrayLove thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: PhoeniXof_Hades

I tried my best reading Gone with the Wind, but could not continue. The pace was so slow, the protagonist so annoying and selfish, the writing so excessively and unnecessarily descriptive and stretched out, the plot - if it had any - so soap-opera-esque ... I will give it another try after my exam, but for now, this is the most overrated book I have ever had the most unfortunate chance of reading. I had so much expectations (mostly due the classic status it had achieved) that the book felt pretty crappy. Maybe it will improve as the story progresses, but for now on, I really don't see the mania behind this.

Well Gone With The Wind is kind of tedious in the beginning, but it gets better and better with every page!

I suggest you finish it....it's an AMAZING novel!!! I'm sure you'd change your mind!
I find Gone With The Wind racist sometimes.
^^ Yes, but you have to take it according to its context. A lot of what is tolerated (or not in some case) today might seem racist in the future.
-Blossy- thumbnail
Will anyone review on Gone with the wind?

I have only even encountered two sides of this argument: it's racist and should be decried, and it's amazing and we shouldn't criticize it.

Edited by crazilycrazy - 13 years ago