Page 8 of 47

yourmom

yourmom

Posted: 27 April 2008 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by suuunshiine

Name: Go Ask Alice.

Genre: Teenage Drug Abuse [if that's a genre]

Story Outline:
It's a diary based on a real girl. Her name isn't given. She used to be a 'good kid' and came from a 'good' family. However, she got caught up with the wrong crew and started doing drugs. She ran away from home twice.

Why do you recommend it:
If you like diary books, fiction or non-fiction, you'll like it.

Other comment:
Kind of a disappointment though. I had uber high expectations. I think I cried like 2-3 times in the book.. :)

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):
3.5 :)

-Navi.

oohh looks like an interesting book....gunna go and read it

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recommend - A - BOOK! (Page 8)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

yourmom

yourmom

Posted: 27 April 2008 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
Name: The Importance of Being Earnest

Genre: comedy play
Story Outline:
its about a man named jack who has another identity in the city (Earnest) and how his identities create confusion and chaos...

Why do you recommend it: its really funny...as jack tries to juggle two identities all in the same time...

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 5

lucky_lakshmi

IF-Sizzlerz

lucky_lakshmi

Posted: 01 May 2008 at 11:23pm | IP Logged

Name : To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Genre: Fiction (This is a classic Novel)

Story Outline:

To Kill a Mockingbird  is loosely based on the author's observations of her family and neighbors, as well as an event that occurred near her hometown in 1936, when she was 10 years old.

The novel is renowned for its warmth and humor, despite dealing with the serious issues of rape and racial inequality. The narrator's father, Atticus Finch, has served as a moral hero for many readers, and a model of integrity for lawyers. One critic explained the novel's impact by writing, "in the twentieth century, To Kill a Mockingbird is probably the most widely read book dealing with race in America, and its protagonist, Atticus Finch, the most enduring fictional image of racial heroism

Why do you recommed it? - The most simplistically beatiful novel you will read.

Rating: 5

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Dee-Angel-likeDevil

.x.Saira.x.

IF-Rockerz

.x.Saira.x.

Posted: 05 May 2008 at 8:23am | IP Logged

Name : The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

Genre: Fiction

Story Outline: (back of book)

Amir is the son of a wealthy Kabul merchant, a member of the ruling caste of Pashtuns. Hassan, his servant and constant companion, is a Hazara, a despised and impoverished caste.

Their uncommon bond is torn by Amir's choice to abandon his friend amidst the increasing ethnic, religious, and political tensions of the dying years of the Afghan monarchy, and apparently dissolved when Amir and his father flee to California to escape the Soviet invasion, leaving Hassan and his own gentle father to a terrible fate.

But years later, an old family friend calls Amir from Pakistan and reminds him 'There is a way to be good again.' And Amir journeys back to a distant world, to try right past wrongs against the only true friend he ever had.

Why do you recommed it? - It is a beautifully written and sad book.

Rating: 5.5!!!

[/QUOTE]

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Dee-

TwilightLovee.

IF-Rockerz

TwilightLovee.

AKHGWBW Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 07 May 2008 at 11:42am | IP Logged
Name: Noughts and Crosses
Genre: Romantic thriller
Story Outline: (This is the blurb i copied out)
Callum is a nought - a second class citizen in a world run by the ruling crosses....

Sephy is a Cross, daughter of one of the most powerful men in the country...

In their world noughts and crosses simply don't mix. And as hostility turns to violence, can Callum and Sephy possibly find a way to be together? THey are determind to try.

And then the bomb explodes...

Why do you recommend it: Because it is the most amazing love story i have ever read, not only that, but it made me realize about this world...and how innocent people are dieing because of bombing, over religion and stuff.
Cry Ouch I very strongly recommend it, at first i didn't want to read it, my friend bugged me everyday to read it and 3 days ago i thought i would do...after reading it its changed my life, and the way i think about the world and love...it is such a touching story...i cried at the end. Cry Cry You guys will love it!

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 5, the most amazing book i have ever read.

BTW it is a trilogy, first Noughts and Crosses, then knifeedge, and then checkmate, theres a small new addition after noughts and crosses called An eye for an eye, after checkmate a new one is coming out called double cross. Big smile

Arushi.

cool_pooja

IF-Sizzlerz

cool_pooja

Posted: 09 May 2008 at 12:07pm | IP Logged

Name: Graduation Summer
Genre: Mary-Kate and Ashley Series
Story Outline: Graduating from High skewl and their dreams and aspirations
Why do you recommend it: Its a totally girly novel for all those girls out there.. U can relate to the situations, love dem and hate dem
Other comment: Loved Mary-Kate-Trevor Couple!! Big smile One of the best Mary-Kate Ashley series!
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 4.5

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 25 June 2008 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Title: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
Author: Agatha Christie
Rating: 5/5
Reason: It's brilliant.. you have no idea who the killer is till the very end

Summary (from the back of the book): A widow's suicide has stirred suspicion and dreadful rumours - of blackmail, and of a secret lover named Roger Ackroyd, who was stabbed to death in his study. And there are rumours that his neighbour, Hercule Poirot, doesn't have a clue who did it.

Ramya-KaShian

EkPaheli

IF-Sizzlerz

EkPaheli

Posted: 14 July 2008 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
Title: Angels  & Demons

Author: Dan Brown

Rating: *****

Reason : Trust Me If u want to read a book that you just cant keep down until you have turned the last page than you just cant afford to miss this one. Its the prequel to the very famous ' The Da Vinci Code '

Summary : Robert Langdon Is a Brilliant Symbolist Who is Summoned After a Mysterious Murder That has the dead body Marked by a Symbol of a ancient Society that stood against the church long ago to pursue its scientific goals ' The Illuminati '  

Post Reply New Post

Go to top