Page 46 of 47

-mango-

IF-Dazzler

-mango-

Posted: 24 July 2012 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
Name: Night Road
Author: Kristin Hannah
Genre: Teen Fiction
Story Outline: Its about 3 friends, who are in their senior year, and one bad decision could affect their lives forever. The 3 friends are trying to enjoy their last few days at school, and one of them will not be able to graduate. The other 2 will live the rest of their lives with regret. Its a story about a mother's forgiveness, and trying to move forward in life. 
Why do you recommend it: its great for all the teens out there... lots of great lessons to be learnt from one amazing book. 
Rating:

Edited by -mango- - 24 July 2012 at 4:16pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Bhavanab

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recommend - A - BOOK! (Page 46)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Heart

Heart

Posted: 30 July 2012 at 10:26pm | IP Logged
Name: Only Time will tell by Jeffrey Archer 
Genre: 
Mystery
Story Outline: 
Why do you recommend it: It is a real page turner. You should give it a try. I am sure every mystery lover will love it. 
Other comment: 
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 3 and half. Smile

.Kryptonite.

-ialwayswill-

IF-Sizzlerz

-ialwayswill-

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 8:35am | IP Logged
Name: Kiss An Angel By Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Genre: 
Romance
Story Outline: A rich girl marries a country/mysterious guy.
Why do you recommend it: Its a toal treasure for those who love spontaneous romance and happy endings and chills and thrills! 
Other comment: Give it a shot! 
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 4.9!! (no books perfect ;p)

HeavenlyBliss.

IF-Stunnerz

HeavenlyBliss.

Posted: 09 October 2012 at 10:34am | IP Logged
Chinese cinderella
Are you afraid of the dark
An inspector calls
Of mice and men

are all amazinggg stories <3

Oh and how can I forgot...PEER E KAMIL(PBUH) by umera ahmed (english version)
best book ive ever read
changed my life :)

harianjana

IF-Rockerz

harianjana

Posted: 10 October 2012 at 7:04am | IP Logged
Name: Shiva triology
Genre: Fiction, history
Story Outline: Consideration of Lord shiva as a human and his fate and his good deeds made him raise like a god like figure,for all India
Why do you recommend it: Many people argues with one other about The gods authencity, For them the answers may get, having God as a historical figure
Other comment: The author narrates the story in a good way, and it was also Indias best seller
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):
I will rate it 4.5 out of 5

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

draco_is_mineDeewaniRimiGirl-LawsworthSnowey

Snowey

IF-Rockerz

Snowey

Posted: 28 October 2012 at 8:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by harianjana

Name: Shiva triology
Genre: Fiction, history
Story Outline: Consideration of Lord shiva as a human and his fate and his good deeds made him raise like a god like figure,for all India
Why do you recommend it: Many people argues with one other about The gods authencity, For them the answers may get, having God as a historical figure
Other comment: The author narrates the story in a good way, and it was also Indias best seller
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):
I will rate it 4.5 out of 5

Agree Shiva's triologgy is a perfect read.
Will like to add few points though. It touches upon the indus valley civilization and insights on the cry ' Har Har Mahadev' was nicely done. Only drawback i felt was the use of language but when the Author touched upon the point of being different can not be evil i was happy i gave this a read.

I wil give this a 4 out of 5.

Name - Who moved my cheese
Genre - Management/ motivational/ self help
Story outline - Its a story about two mice and two humans and how they interpret change. It talks about attitude and how one should adjust towards life in a positive way.
Other comment - The book is really short and speaks mostly about changes in professional life.
Rating - 3 out of 5 

DeewaniRimi

..Ankita..

IF-Rockerz

..Ankita..

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
wow!
Thanks for this!

Girl-Lawsworth

IF-Dazzler

Girl-Lawsworth

Posted: 25 November 2012 at 4:54am | IP Logged
Someone suggest me a Romantic Fantasy with a happy ending!

Book - Switched by Amanda Hocking (Book #1 of the Trylle Trilogy)
Genre - Fantasy Romance Adventure (kind of)

Outline - The main character, Wendy, is a 17 year old who doesn't fit in anywhere. Her father kills himself when she is 5 & her mother tries to kill her on her 6th Birthday, saying she's a monster. Luckily her elder brother, Matt saves her & her mother is sent to a psychiatric hospital. She lives with her brother Matt & aunt Maggie, who will do absolutely anything to keep Wendy happy.

It goes on like that until one day she meets Finn, a student at her new school. She finds it less difficult to get along with Finn. The journey starts when she finds out that Finn is her Tracker & takes her to the land where she actually belongs.

I rate it 4/5 as I don't like how it ends. And I didn't really care to read the other 2 books as I found out that the ending of the series is somewhat sad.

But an excellent book till the last chapter!

Edited by Ramya-KaShian - 25 November 2012 at 4:55am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top