Recommend - A - BOOK! (Page 42)

iTangled_25 IF-Stunnerz
iTangled_25
iTangled_25

Posted: 01 September 2011 at 8:51am | IP Logged
Name: The Last Song

Author: Nicholas Sparks

Genre: Romance

Outline: Seventeen year-old Veronica "Ronnie" Miller's life was turned upside-down when her parents divorced and her father moved from New York City to Wilmington, North Carolina. Three years later, she remains angry and alienated from her parents, especially her father… until her mother decides it would be in everyone's best interest if she spent the summer in Wilmington with him. Ronnie's father, a former concert pianist and teacher, is living a quiet life in the beach town, immersed in creating a work of art that will become the centerpiece of a local church. The tale that unfolds is an unforgettable story about love in its myriad forms – first love, the love between parents and children – that demonstrates, as only a Nicholas Sparks novel can, the many ways that deeply felt relationships can break our hearts… and heal them.

I recommend it because Sparks gives a hope to life, he keeps you going, somehow by the end of his every book you feel different, you relate yourself to that book, and you cannot deny it! His description is so realistic that you just know you're every person in the book that you're reading!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Struggler-sia--Dee-Sunshine Girlsweetdesire

DendelionBlu Newbie
DendelionBlu
DendelionBlu

Posted: 02 September 2011 at 11:54am | IP Logged
The Humbling by Philip Roth

It's about an old actor in his 70s that begins a sex relationship with a young woman in her 30s & he used to be her godfather

Classic American novel with a Pacino film adaptation coming up

Did you read it??
Lhethal.Me IF-Sizzlerz
Lhethal.Me
Lhethal.Me

Posted: 03 September 2011 at 12:47am | IP Logged
DOCTORS by Erich sehgal

Its a story about two friends spanning across their lives, dreams, fears from 6yrs to 40yrs...How they search for love everywhr else and realize that they had it had been right by their side all along...

Lovely refreshing story! I absolutely loved it.

Note: If u understand medical terms u'll enjoy it more coz it centred around their lives as doctors...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Struggler-Dee-

iTangled_25 IF-Stunnerz
iTangled_25
iTangled_25

Posted: 04 September 2011 at 9:14am | IP Logged
Name: The Rescue

Author: Nicholas Sparks

Genre: Romance, drama

Outline:
When confronted by raging fires or deadly accidents, volunteer fireman Taylor McAden feels compelled to take terrifying risks to save lives. But there is one leap of faith Taylor can't bring himself to make: he can't fall in love. For all his adult years, Taylor has sought out women who need to be rescued, women he leaves as soon as their crisis is over and the relationship starts to become truly intimate. When a raging storm hits his small Southern town, single mother Denise Holton's car skids off the road. The young mom is with her four-year-old son Kyle, a boy with severe learning disabilities and for whom she has sacrificed everything. Taylor McAden finds her unconscious and bleeding, but does not find Kyle. When Denise wakes, the chilling truth becomes clear to both of them: Kyle is gone. During the search for Kyle, the connection between Taylor and Denise takes root. Taylor doesn't know that this rescue will be different from all the others, demanding far more than raw physical courage. It will lead him to the possibility of his own rescue from a life lived without love and will require him to open doors to his past that were slammed shut by pain. This rescue will dare him to live life to the fullest by daring to love.

I recommend it because Nicholas Sparks, a man can describe emotions so so perfectly!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Struggler-sia--Dee-

bestnewbooks Newbie
bestnewbooks
bestnewbooks

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 1:34am | IP Logged
Name:The Incredible Banker

Author; Ravi Subramanian

Plot: For those of you who have read his previous books (IF GOD WAS A BANKER or DEVIL IN PINSTRIPES) or even those of you who havent. If corporate drama mixed with deceit and love is your cup of tea, this is the release of the month by my reckoning. It's yet to be released yet but if you do visit his facebook page or even his website, you will find interesting video trailers detailing the book! search for Ravi Subramanian on fb for more info...This is one book i can't wait for. Apparently it releases on the 21st of this month!
areeba_blossom IF-Rockerz
areeba_blossom
areeba_blossom

Posted: 17 September 2011 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
Book: The Hunger Games (Trilogy)

Genre: Sci-fiction/ Fantasy/ Romance

Story Outline: After the world dies the only life remaing is in the ashes of North America, a world called Panem,  where Capitol rules the districts!
74 years ago, the districts rebelled against the Capitol but lost the war and to show there victory, they heve the hunger games every year choosing 1 boy and 1 girl from each districts! in the arena where the games are held, survival is the only key to win and earn fame & fortune while death is the immediate answer to every question! the book got the highest ratings after Harry Potter Series and Twilight Saga
Cotillion Senior Member
Cotillion
Cotillion

Posted: 04 October 2011 at 8:51am | IP Logged
Has anyone heard of George RR Martin's " A Song Of Ice And Fire" novels?
MrsSobtiGrover Senior Member
MrsSobtiGrover
MrsSobtiGrover

Posted: 05 October 2011 at 1:55pm | IP Logged

Name:
Genre:
Story Outline:
Why do you recommend it:
Other comment:
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):

^^^^ I can't be asked to fill out all the info of all these boooks :( just search googlee :|
But for all Nicholas Sparks I rate 5/5 :)
Sarah Dessen - 4
Celia Ahern - 4.5
Erich Segal - 3.9
Alyson Noel - 4
Hashim Nadeem - 5/5 :)

WHY: I love LS (love stories) and these are all the books that I have read, that have always inspired me in some kind of way so I though I'd share it with others who might be interestedd :)

Genre: All are based on love/romancee :)

Yeahh all the besttWink

A walk to remember
The notebook
A bend in the road
At first sight
The guardian
Safe heaven
Dear john
The last song
The lucky one
True believer
Message in a bottle
Nights at rodanthe
The rescue
The wedding
The choice
(All books by Nicholas Sparks! Genre: Love/Romance)

PS. I love you
Where rainbows end
(All books by Celia Ahern! Genre: Love/Romance)

Love Story (Book by Erich Segal! Genre: Love/Romance)

Khuda Aur Mohobhat (English Transalation version! By Hashim Nadeem, Genre: Love/Romancee!)

Evermore
Blue moon
Shadow land
Dark flame
Night star
Everlasting
(They are series by Alyson Noel, Genre: Love/Romance/Supernatural!)

Truth about forever
Along for the ride
(By Sarah Dessen, Genre: Love/Romance/Teen!)

Edited by -shan- - 05 October 2011 at 1:55pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-sia-aishwaryagayenMadhuri53iTangled_25

Go to top