Recommend - A - BOOK! (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 47

devashree410

devashree410

Posted: 21 April 2007 at 3:35am | IP Logged

Name:Daddy's little Girl
Genre:Mystery/Thriller
Story Outline:Ellie Cavanaugh was seven yrs old when her older sister was murdered near their home New York's Westchester County.It was young Ellie's testimony that Rob Westerfield in jail despite existance of two other viable suspects.twenty-two years later Westerfield,still maintaining his innocence is paroled.Ellie, now an investigative reporter for an Atlanta newspaper,returns home,starts writing a book that will prove his guilt.However,As she delves deeper into her research she uncovers horrifying facts that shed new light on her sister's murder

Why do you recommend it
:It's a brilliant book that's simply hard to put down!

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 5 of course!

Edited by devashree410 - 21 April 2007 at 3:36am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MegaAngelzsArushi.sheee

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Recommend - A - BOOK! (Page 3)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shriyaroxxx

IF-Dazzler

shriyaroxxx

Posted: 22 April 2007 at 8:24am | IP Logged

Name: The Girls in Pants series
Genre: Teen fiction
Story Outline: It revolves around four girls - Bridget, Lena, Carmen & Tibby - & how a pair of jeans changes their lives forever Big smile
Why do you recommend it: Because it's real, its not one of those very unreal high school fictions
Other comment: I'm not sure it's available in India, though Ouch
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 3.5 Smile  (but thats probably 'coz i want to be a book reviewer, they don't really go around giving every book a 5 Embarrassed  Wink )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Three Girls in the city series
Genre: Teen fiction
Story Outline: It's about three girls living in New York who take photography classes together.
Why do you recommend it: Because it shows the different emotions of the three girls through their cameras 
Other comment: It's absolutely awesome, do read it, even if you're not much of a photographer
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best): 3 Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Arushi.

missmhow

Goldie

missmhow

Posted: 27 April 2007 at 4:53am | IP Logged
name:fountainhead
genre:fiction/filosofy
author:ayn rand
story line:about an architect who belives in himslef..loves his professsion and conveys the fact that life shud only be lived at ur own terms..
why do i recommend:coz i loved it for the filosofy it had
other comment:when u read it u wud want to read another book by the same author or go thru it again fm the first page...
rating:5

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Rimpa.VeritasArushi.

mano102

mano102

Posted: 30 April 2007 at 10:01am | IP Logged

Name: Shame
Genre: Political Drama
Author: Salman Rushdie
Storyline:Roughly speaking, Shame is a novel about Pakistan and about the people who ruled Pakistan. One of the main aims of the novel is to portray the lives of Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and General Muhammad Zia-ul-Haq and their relationship. The more central theme is the violence that is born out of shame. There are characters that actually 'stand' for 'shame' and 'shamelessness' Sufiya Zinobia and Omar Khayym respectively. There is magical realism and there is the usual magical writing that characterises Rushdie's novels.
THIS BLURB MAY SEEM DRY, BUT THE STORY TAKES PLACE IN PAKISTAN I CAN ASSERT THAT THE PLOT IS DAMN GOOD,THERE ARE CONSPIRACY THEORY'S, AFFAIRS, WEDDINGS, LOVE TRAINGLES, FILM INDUSTRY AND MUCH MORE! IT CONTAINS SO MANY VIBRANT ELEMENTS OFA RICH POOR AND MIDDLE CLASS WITH RESPECT TO PAKISTAN, WHICH MAKES IT ALL THE MORE INTRIGUING AND AWESOME

I WOULD RATE IT 10/10 

Edited by mano102 - 30 April 2007 at 10:02am

Struggler

preeti_saarrthi

Goldie

preeti_saarrthi

Posted: 24 May 2007 at 8:09am | IP Logged
NAME:- Princess
GENRE:- Non-fiction
STORYLINE:- its the biography of an arab princess.though born a princess her story is like tht of a jewelled bird inside a cage.worth a read. it mekes us feel grateful for having wat life has given us. it moved me to tears

recommended for ppl above 16
i would rate it 9/10 Smile

Struggler

-BolNaHalke-

IF-Veteran Member

-BolNaHalke-

Posted: 13 June 2007 at 4:25pm | IP Logged
Name: Othello
Genre: Romance
Story Outline: Othello and Desdemona the two main characters fall in love and elope despite their age,race differences. However as they try to live their newly establsihed life, Iago who is jelous of certain circumstances tries to sabatoge them by convincing or atlease trying to convince Othello that desdemona is unfaithful
Why do you recommend it:
It is one of the higher works of Shakespeare and its so well set up in its plot, and characters, that it is an immediate hit. I love the entire play because of the plot/storyline. But of course you must read it to find out
Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):
I would definitly give it 4/5 because its definitly a book you have to try to analyze and understand condiering its old venician language

Edited by frenzgrl129 - 13 June 2007 at 4:28pm

Struggler

madsoul0226

madsoul0226

Posted: 24 June 2007 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
Name: Speak

Genre: Young Adult

Story Outline: Fourteen-year-old Melinda Sordino, has essentially stopped speaking. One of the reasons is because the world has stopped listening to her. After calling the police on an end-of-the-summer party, Melinda enters ninth grade as a pariah, ostracized by everyone in the school, including her best friends.

Why do you recommand it: I think many people can relate to this book and understand the meanings of words after reading this. You can't help but empathize with Melinda's silent pain or laugh inwardly at the many cliques she describes, or the number of times her school's mascot is changed because it is deemed inappropriate by the principal.

Rating(scale of 1-5, 5 being the best):
i give it a 10!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

StrugglerGirl-Lawsworth-Dee-Arushi.

Eloquent

IF-Veteran Member

Eloquent

Posted: 29 June 2007 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
Name: Lord of the Rings

Genre: Fantasy/action/adventure/mystery

Story Outline: The Lord of the Rings is set in the fictional realm of Middle-earth. The complex story concerns humanoid peoples known as Hobbits, Elves, Men, Dwarves, Wizards, and Orcs. It centres on the Ring of Power made by the Dark Lord Sauron. Starting from quiet beginnings in the Shire, the story ranges across Middle-earth and follows the courses of the War of the Ring. The main story is followed by six appendices that provide a wealth of historical and linguistic background material,[4] as well as an index of characters, place names, and terms of note.

Why do you recommend it: The Lord of the Rings is an epic and is considered as a literary masterpiece...JRR Tolkien has not only created a whole new amazing world but also has backed it up with maps of Middle Earth, songs, riddles, cultural backgrounds and one of the best: languages. He has used beautiful descriptions, ornate plots and side plots...and so much more!

Rating: definitely 5!

Edited by xMarauderx - 29 June 2007 at 2:28pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

StrugglerVeritas

Post Reply New Post

Go to top