Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 25 January 2007 at 7:29am | IP Logged
The trend is very new in India, but I have seen senior citizens getting married (if their spouse is no more...obviously..:P) They also need companionship, and marriage is a great way to find a companion.

DO you think its okay for them to re-marry?
How'd you react if your grandfather/mother came and told you that they're re-marrying? Would you support them or oppose them?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Single grandparents re-marrying?" in Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Shama*

*Shama*

IF Ladoo Prasad Yadav, IF Jai & Veeru

Posted: 26 January 2007 at 9:52am | IP Logged
Nice topic.

I'm not sure. I try to put myself in the grandparent's shoes and think, "If I loved my spouse that passed away, and we've been together for all those years, do I have a right to marry again?"

At the same time, I think they have a right to marry again if they fall in love once again. I would support them if I think the one they're marrying is really a good person and is right for them. But before they do, I'd make sure that they don't do it to replace their lost spouse.

*dels*

IF-Rockerz

*dels*

Posted: 26 January 2007 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
I wouldn't be really happy hearing that news. If my gandpa/grnadma is cool with it and they r happy, it doesn't matter. But I would feel uncomfortable and I would keep a distance becasue I can't see someone new in there place after so many years.

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 27 January 2007 at 1:41am | IP Logged
I am in two minds just like Shama.And like del_geo, I'd also feel uncomfortable with my ganny/granddad's new spouse, but if that's what makes them happy, then eventually I'd support them. But I think the awkwardness would remain!

minuu

IF-Veteran Member

minuu

Posted: 28 January 2007 at 5:39am | IP Logged
yeee.. its true these days single grandparents are marrying each other

x.Asian~Flava.x

IF-Sizzlerz

x.Asian~Flava.x

Posted: 28 January 2007 at 10:30am | IP Logged
i wouldn't be happened if any of my grandparents got married, but i am definatly sure my grandparents will not eva do tht. Embarrassed

sujal_kashish

IF-Sizzlerz

sujal_kashish

Posted: 31 January 2007 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tara

i wouldn't be happened if any of my grandparents got married, but i am definatly sure my grandparents will not eva do tht. Embarrassed

totally agree wid u!

X.o.X.o.---Jasmine---x.O.x.O

~*Ria*~

IF-Dazzler

~*Ria*~

Posted: 12 February 2007 at 7:30pm | IP Logged
I would take her to the psychiatrist. Though my maternal grandparents are still together mashallah and are a more rocking and romantic jodi than all of the youngsters LOL I wish none of them gets the need to re-marry.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top