School: The best days of my life…

maneet.n.shanak thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
School: The best days of my life…

Most of us when asked about our school life, remember them as the best years of our life, we tried to find out what our stars remember about their school days and how even the not so good memories bring a smile to their faces and a twinkle to their eyes.

Sushma Reddy
(hosted travel show for National Geographic, also Sameera Reddy's sister)
I was in Bombay Scottish for a huge chunk of my schooling which was from kindergarten till the eight standard after which I shifted to St. Joseph's convent in Bandra. In Scottish we studied according to ICSE system which was tough in terms of curriculum but I had the most amazing teachers and class mates. There was one teacher who I distinctly remember, her name was Mrs. Brendish and she would load the class with tons of homework for language. I wanted to kill her then! But looking back it's because of her that I have such a superb hold on the English language. You can challenge me to a spelling test any day! I used to be quite useless in academics! I was a borderline failure till the fifth standard when suddenly I did an about turn and from then on I started standing first in class every year. In the industry there are a lot of people who are from Scottish so I keep bumping into alumni. Hrithik Roshan, Tusshar Kapoor, Aamir Khan and the entire Bachchan clan also went there. A huge part of the film and advertising fraternity are from Bombay Scottish. I remember seeing Hrithik in his short shorts! My favorite part of school was the cultural festival we had after our exams, when there would be choirs, songs and plays performed by everyone. It was very relaxing after the hectic schedules of tests and the atmosphere was lovely.

Aarzu Govitrikar
(seen in Ek Ladki Anjani Si, also Aditi Gowtrikar's sister)
I studied in Barns school which is in Panvel. I studied there till the 10th standard. My favourite teacher was my maths teacher Mr Bhide. He taught me discipline. I used to go to his home for private tuitions. Maths is my favourite subject. I used to like to play kho-kho and langadi, but otherwise I was very studious student during my school days and I never did any masti in the school. I was totally unnoticeable child.

One incident which I still remembered is that I was wearing a very short skirt and one of the teachers had some problem with the length of the skirt, so she scolded me for it, it was a very embarrassing moment for me. Even my mother later scolded for the same. Unfortunately none of my school friends are in touch with me. Even my best friend during school days Smita is not in touch with me.

Hiten Tejwani
I studied in St Francis High School in Borivali. I used to play cricket at my school's garden, which is my favourite game. I have forgotten the name of my favourite teacher but he was very good to me. History is my favourite subject as it was very interesting and easy to remember. I was very naughty during those days which I still am. I used take away my classmates things and hide them somewhere. However I'm not in touch with any of my classmates.

Manav Gohil
I have studied in two schools. I studied till the 9th standard in Baroda High School in Baroda. Then I have completed my 10th, 11th, and 12th from Vidya Kunj High School. I used to like my PT teacher because Physical training was my favourite subject. I used to also like my English teacher, her name was Mrs. George she too was very fond of me. My favourite sports are cricket, football and swimming.
I am still in touch with some of my school friends. One bad incident which I still remember about my school is, when my school teacher caught me while I was copying in my exams and threw me out of the school.

• Sonali Joshi         & nbsp;     
  • Thursday, 25 January, 2007