A Trapped Bird - Updated Part 17 + 18

soni595 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago

A Trapped Bird - By Soni

I promise to complete the other one when I get time! for all those who aren't intense readers, will find this fan fiction of mine boring, because it has a lot of description and detail, but it will later on comprise of intense romantic scenes!

Part One - Memories

She looked out the tall french window, and noticed how the trees danced in the winds, the horses stamped their feet, the birds flying freely in the simmering golden sky and the sun fading away...Everyone and everything did what they wanted to do, they were free to choose their own paths...everyone besides her...She felt trapped and thought of herself as a prisoner in her own world...Yes, she could eat what she wanted, choose whatever she wanted to wear, roam whereever she wanted in the beautiful gardens, but she always knew there was something missing...When people came to visit her, they said she looked pretty, she lives wealthily, and has a handsome husband...but did anyone dare to go beyond that? Did anyone ask if her husband loved her or did she love him? Did anyone ask if she was happy? No, no one asked that, the thing about assumptions...

It has been six months since she's been living in this palace...but she doesn't consider it home, the only thing home was this room...The only room where someone lived on this floor, that is the third floor of the palace...it is often called the tower room, perhaps because of it's cylindrical shape and tall towering windows, besides that nothing was special about the room...the walls were painted golden white and the floor was shiny brown...and the only furniture in it was a four poster bed, a small desk table, a lamp and a small frame with her parents in it...

To say all the rooms in the palace were like this would be wrong, the other rooms were much more elegant, comprising of lavish chandeliers, tasteful wallpaper, expensive sofas and paintings...but it was just this room that she liked...maybe because it resembled her life, plain and boring...yes she was traditional and moralistic, but she did crave for some excitement in her life..after all she was young and had yet to see and experience more of life..but how could she when she was locked in this place...

It's been six months, and she can actually count the number of times she has met her so called husband. To be exact it was ten times...There were five official gatherings or parties you might call them and five informal visits by their relatives that he was physically present...otherwise she never saw him..it was not like she spent her entire time in the tower, but even if the palace wasn't as huge as it was, you could notice if a person is present or not...and when she did see him, he never asked her how she was or even glanced at her for that matter, but slid his arm around a pretty woman and walked off...

The first time she was utterly shocked to see this, she felt humilated and her reknown furious temper threatened to spill out, but it didn't..she always wondered why...It was a fact she had a furious temper, but for some reason it didn't matter to her, that her husband was having an affair with another woman, it didn't hurt and it certainly didn't make her jealous...in fact, her temper seemed to have dug it's grave inside of her, and now nothing bothers her nor excites her...it's as if life is living, and she is living with it...peace has become her love, peace has become her passion, and peace has become her home...She doesn't react to the constant taunts her mother-in-law throws at her, or the many rules her great father-in-law orders her to follow..

You might wonder why she still lived there then? Why did she tolerate everyone in the family's indifference to her presence? It was a sacrifice or you might call it an unchosen decision...Her mother was diagnosed with severe depression after her brother passed away a year ago which her dad couldn't handle with anymore...and he got remarried to another woman half his age...and as much as her dad loved her, he always blamed her for the death of her brother...and somewhere along the line, he forgot the love and remembered the hatred he had for her, and decided to get her married because he thought twenty three was time girls got married...well that was what she thought at first as well, but later on, she found out, that he got her married because he was burdened with a lot of loans he had taken.

This was a shock to her, to know the dad she loved so much, had made business out of her..He traded her for wealth, and the man she got married to traded her for his lover, to save his life...His priest had said her husband's kundali read that his first wife would die in a span of a year..She felt like a trade machine...she had nowhere to go besides stay here...her father and her step mom made it clear they didn't want her, her mother was admitted into an asylum and she had no idea where to go if she left here...Besides she was too afraid to hope for anything, her life was full of disasters, and she didn't want to experience another one...\

Do tell me how you like it! I thought it was something different, the concept is very different from how Dulhan started...

Part Two - Something new (Pg 1)

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=526569&T PN=1

Part Three - A Wild Encounter (Pg 3)

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=526569&T PN=3

Part Four - His story (Pg 4)

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=526569&T PN=4

Part Five and Six - The Om and A Heart Tugging Moment (Pg 6)

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=526569&T PN=6&#9041910

Part Seven - Feelings Spilling Out (Pg 8)

http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=526569&TPN=8

Part Eight - Two Lonely Hearts (Pg 12)

http://india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=526569&TPN=1 2iling...

Keep smiling...

Love

Soni

Edited by soni595 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Haila!! so many times my eyebrows were raised!!! πŸ˜† You write SO well Soni!!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ Hang on...is this horrible hubby Saagar? I hope not because she obviously doesn't feel anything for him.

Great start!!! Fantastic!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘
jigglypuff726 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

i think the horrible hubby is harsh! lols! anyways, great start soni! i love it!πŸ˜ƒ

soni595 thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Reemz*

Haila!! so many times my eyebrows were raised!!! πŸ˜† You write SO well Soni!!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘ Hang on...is this horrible hubby Saagar? I hope not because she obviously doesn't feel anything for him.

Great start!!! Fantastic!! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Thanks Reemz...a lot of twists and turns right...πŸ˜† hmmm as for the hubby being Sagar, you'll have to wait to find out...😳 

soni595 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jigglypuff726

i think the horrible hubby is harsh! lols! anyways, great start soni! i love it!πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks! You want the horrible hubby to be Harsh...ummm...

soni595 thumbnail

Part Two - Something new

Birds flew in circles around the blue sky, the sun brightly shimmered on the windows playing with it's colors and the winds that breezed through the window, brought a new morning..Vidya shifted under her soft white covers and put her hands over her eyes, trying to block out the sun peeping through the transparent curtains. After a while, she opened her eyes slowly, and stared at the ceiling, and shut her eyes again...but the birds chattering were such a disturbance to her that she couldn't fall back to sleep...She got up, and looked out through the window, she saw the same view that she saw everyday, the same beautiful green lawns, the left side of the palace comprised of vegetable gardens, the right side had the stables, where the horses were kept, and the very back was a forest...the forest that she was forbidden to go to by not only her mother-in-law but all the family members...In the centre, there was a gazebo, and a playground where the kids played...you might wonder whose kids...so let me start from the beginning and introduce you to my so called family...

Her father-in-law and mother-in-law are Aniket and Sindoora Singhania, then there's their son, my husband, Karthik Singhania, and his lover Snigda Arora, there also resides Karthik's older sister, Mahua Singhania and her two kids, Parth and Bharat. Parth is five years old, and Bharat is nine years old. Other than that Aniket's father lives here too, Pratap Singhania. There are two cooks, one cleaner, two gardeners, and two other men who look after the stables...With a long sigh, she went to have a bath, after that she proceeded downstairs to have breakfast...she walked down to the dining area, and as usual found no one else there, whether she woke up late or early, no one really ate at the table...she found her usual breakfast already set up on the table, causing her to groan more...not because she hated the breakfast, in fact it was her favorite, alloo parathas and strong ginger tea, but she really hated the fact that it was already done for her, it was nothing like the life she lived before, where she did everything herself, wherein she got tired yes, but at least the day flew by faster...

Today, the palace seemed quieter than usual, the kids weren't playing around in the playroom, the housemaids weren't bustling about, and none of the family members seemed to be home...After she bit into the last bit of toast and drank the last sip of her coffee, she took her plate to the kitchen, to find Banoo chopping vegetables, Banoo was one of the cooks. Banoo looked up when she saw her come in, "How is your morning today Vidi?" Vidya dumped her dishes into the sink and delicately washed her hands, "urrgh, the usual, bored, mind if I help you ?" Banoo smiled, "You're lucky, no one is at home" Vidya delightedly began to help her cut some vegetables…"I mean what is their problem if I help you out and talk to you like my friend, It's not like have friends here, all I do is sit around doing nothing all day." Banoo sighs "oh well you know, their mentality, the high class and the low class don't mix" Vidya rolls her eyes "It's starting to get on my nerves, I want to scream but there is no one to scream at, I wish I could atleast go a little further than the gardens, they have the guards stop me from taking the car to go somewhere even if their all free..it's ridiculous.." Banoo agrees thoughtfully "You know the palace's forest is very huge, it has this beautiful pond in the center, and many years ago, when my mother used to work here, she used to tell me how people use to throw a coin into it, and wish for something...some said their wishes came true after that..it's called a wishing pond.." Vidya frowns "I wonder how come they didn't mention it to me then, well it's not like they tell me anything, I would like to see it, could you give me directions to it?.." Banoo turns away and turns the stove on "I have never been there myself as I was forbidden to, but my mother used to tell me it was in the center of the forest. Vidya washes her hands, and says "Banoo you know what I will go there now, I am so bored, and perhaps I could have a small adventure for the first time in six months.." Banoo puts her hands on her hips "Oh no you won't, what if they come back what will I tell them?" Vidya goes to Banoo "Tell them I'm in my room or am somewhere in the rose gardens, besides they don't usually care to ask, nor do they see me on a daily basis to know if I disappeared for an hour or two.."

Vidya set out towards the forbidden forest..She liked the name, and decided to call it that from now on. She passed the stables and paused to admire them, she always wanted to ride one of them, but unfortunately she didn't know how to...She noticed the edge of her saree touching the plush green lawn, and detested the thought of it getting dirty, but she let the winds play with her loose peach black hair, and unclutched her hold on her saree's palloo letting it fly out behind her...She slowly entered the forest, and noticed it was darker, because of the tall trees blocking out the sun's rays...To her dismay she found there were many paths and no clearings in the forest, to let her know which way to go, so she chose to go straight..walking on and on she liked the way dry leaves crinkled when she stepped on them, and colorful butterflies sitting on tree leaves...

There was so much activity here, in her room it was just her, but here, she felt alive like all the other insects and plants...She walked on and on, enjoying her surroundings for quite some time, until she heard some loud thumps, she froze, her heart beating fast, the sounds were that of horse hooves, she cautiously hid behind a bush, she wondered who was riding the horse, when Banoo had told her no one was at home, and no horse seemed to be missing from the stables when she passed by, so who was it?

Hope you like this part as well...I'm trying to speed up with the details..

Keep smiling...

Love

Soni

Edited by soni595 - 17 years ago
*Reemz* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Soniji im just logging off now. Itni der laga diya?? I'll read it tomorrow! cant wait! πŸ˜ƒ
soni595 thumbnail

Originally posted by: *Reemz*

Soniji im just logging off now. Itni der laga diya?? I'll read it tomorrow! cant wait! πŸ˜ƒ

good night Reemz! yea, I would've posted it sooner, but I had an evening lecture...do read it tomorrow, and tell me if it's already getting boring..

lil_desi_goddes thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
WOW! amazing.. this is the first ff i have read on this forum.. and i must say
you are soo talented..

please do continue, i eagerly await to read what is to happen next!

πŸ‘
πŸ‘
πŸ‘
πŸ‘
πŸ‘
soni595 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lil_desi_goddes

WOW! amazing.. this is the first ff i have read on this forum.. and i must say
you are soo talented..

please do continue, i eagerly await to read what is to happen next!

πŸ‘
πŸ‘
πŸ‘
πŸ‘
πŸ‘

thanks a lot sweetie! I'm almost done with the next part!

Keep smiling...

Love

Soni