Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

Prenz~13

IF-Rockerz

Prenz~13

Posted: 03 February 2007 at 11:19am | IP Logged
I recently read this book called The Book Thief by Marcus Zusack
hes a relatively new author, but ht ebook was amazing!! he had a very new and distint style of writing, and the book was beautiful.. Clap
set in Nazi Germany, its bout how a young 11-year-old gurl,Giesel is taken away from her family, and how she spends her life with her foster parents...
away from political drama,it shows how a common man...a german himself suffered under the psychotic reign of Hitler..
its really very touching, but the author throws in humour evry now and then to lighten up the mood..
and ya..its narrated by Death...strange i know..but its highly interesting...n i guess it sort of shows that Death is just anuther phase..
the book is one of my faves...
Highly Reccommended..
Clap Clap

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Read any good books lately? (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

devilangel

IF-Dazzler

devilangel

Posted: 07 February 2007 at 10:15am | IP Logged

Originally posted by coolgirl_13

I recently read this book called The Book Thief by Marcus Zusack
hes a relatively new author, but ht ebook was amazing!! he had a very new and distint style of writing, and the book was beautiful.. Clap
set in Nazi Germany, its bout how a young 11-year-old gurl,Giesel is taken away from her family, and how she spends her life with her foster parents...
away from political drama,it shows how a common man...a german himself suffered under the psychotic reign of Hitler..
its really very touching, but the author throws in humour evry now and then to lighten up the mood..
and ya..its narrated by Death...strange i know..but its highly interesting...n i guess it sort of shows that Death is just anuther phase..
the book is one of my faves...
Highly Reccommended..
Clap Clap

ohh i read that.. its a page turner but pretty good..

and i would recommend 'if on a winter's night a traveller' if you like analytical bildungsromans or  otherwise.. you could always read Marquez books..they simply rock!!

Naina_Manam

IF-Dazzler

Naina_Manam

Posted: 07 February 2007 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
Oh many but the latest favorite one I read is Five People you meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom!

It's just a lovely fantasy book but you get to learn so much and the themes of the book altogether are just so interesting!

Pensive

Goldie

Pensive

Posted: 08 February 2007 at 8:12am | IP Logged

Originally posted by naina_manam

Oh many but the latest favorite one I read is Five People you meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom!

It's just a lovely fantasy book but you get to learn so much and the themes of the book altogether are just so interesting!

I loved that book....become one of my favourite!!Its a feel good book I must say

Mahum

Groupbie

Mahum

Posted: 08 February 2007 at 4:06pm | IP Logged
If anyone wants to read a really really good book try "A Lesson Before Dying" by Ernest Gaines. It's a book I had to read for one of my English classes. I thought it would be boring like all the assigned books for school are, but it was awesome! Great story, very touching. Highly recommended Smile

freindly_gurl

Groupbie

freindly_gurl

Posted: 23 April 2007 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
oh i am basically in da middle of millions of sereis' and im waiting for da next books(examples) eragon, harry potter,the demonita(i think by darren shan)
and many more!

~*Ria*~

IF-Dazzler

~*Ria*~

Posted: 26 April 2007 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Natasha_I

Hey,

I wanted to know if anyone has read any good books recently.

I just read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and must say that it was quite different and I wasn't exposed to that genre at all before.

How about you guys? Embarrassed

HeyLOL I had to read that for my english honours class last semesterLOL n yeah... it is VERY differentLOL.... me read the first chapter.... jaw started hurting from yawning too muchLOL.... so read the summaries and key points on Sparknotes.com ROFL but yeah... its kind of interesting... the exact name of the genre me still dont know thoLOL all i know is that it's regarding a utopia or dystopia or whtever....errrrr

The last book i read was The Time Traveler's WifeEmbarrassed It's alarmingly close to perfection. And it's not jus one genre... it makes u laugh, it makes u cry, it has action, it has silence, it has romance, it has hatred, EVERYTHINGGGG!! ..... this book'll remain with me for the rest of my life.Embarrassed 

.:Ashi:.

IF-Rockerz

.:Ashi:.

Posted: 03 May 2007 at 6:02pm | IP Logged
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer is reallllllly GOOD! omg im like in luv with it! i also love HARRY POTTER! Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top