Book Talk

Read any good books lately?

Anastacia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Hey,

I wanted to know if anyone has read any good books recently.

I just read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley and must say that it was quite different and I wasn't exposed to that genre at all before.

How about you guys? 😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
O' Hurley's Return by Nora Roberts
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Last one I read was Love's Encore by Sandra Brown 😛
Currently reading Led Astray by the same author.
datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I read The Perfect Evil by Alex Kava.It was a chillingly thrilling book thourgh, but the end was a let down. 😭
Lost_Soul141 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
erm i just read flashback -it was ok
kirtib thumbnail
I hvnt heard abt any of these authors but I hv recently read night in call centre..It throws light on the booming BPO in India and how ppl associated wit it deal with the odd hr work!! I am in half way of Alchemist!!

PLease rite 2-3 lines about the books that u all hv read so that we know wat the book is all about..

We can also give various remarks depending how we liked the book
Highly Recommendable= Must Read
Recommendable= Good
Allrite= U may may not read it
Average=Avoidable

These remarks will be personal.. Someone might lik the book and someone might not.. So it will vary I feel

Night in Call Centre is Recommendable. A light hearted book and you will enjoy readin it..
~Ange.Noir~ thumbnail
Um Im reading Eragon now. Its really good! Exciting. I ordered also the book "THE LAST SECRET OF THE TEMPLE"... its got rave reviewes and i read teh synopsis and its sounds reallllllllllllllllllly interesting...
Pensive thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Aranyak by Bibhutibhushan Bondopadhyay......its a bengali classic based on an imaginary land on  the bank of Godavari......i had read it earlier and currently re-reading it again

If u r a bengali and havent read it till now  I srongly recomend  to read it atleast once

Prenz~13 thumbnail
I recently read this book called The Book Thief by Marcus Zusack
hes a relatively new author, but ht ebook was amazing!! he had a very new and distint style of writing, and the book was beautiful.. 👏
set in Nazi Germany, its bout how a young 11-year-old gurl,Giesel is taken away from her family, and how she spends her life with her foster parents...
away from political drama,it shows how a common man...a german himself suffered under the psychotic reign of Hitler..
its really very touching, but the author throws in humour evry now and then to lighten up the mood..
and ya..its narrated by Death...strange i know..but its highly interesting...n i guess it sort of shows that Death is just anuther phase..
the book is one of my faves...
Highly Reccommended..
👏 👏
devilangel thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: coolgirl_13

I recently read this book called The Book Thief by Marcus Zusack
hes a relatively new author, but ht ebook was amazing!! he had a very new and distint style of writing, and the book was beautiful.. 👏
set in Nazi Germany, its bout how a young 11-year-old gurl,Giesel is taken away from her family, and how she spends her life with her foster parents...
away from political drama,it shows how a common man...a german himself suffered under the psychotic reign of Hitler..
its really very touching, but the author throws in humour evry now and then to lighten up the mood..
and ya..its narrated by Death...strange i know..but its highly interesting...n i guess it sort of shows that Death is just anuther phase..
the book is one of my faves...
Highly Reccommended..
👏 👏

ohh i read that.. its a page turner but pretty good..

and i would recommend 'if on a winter's night a traveller' if you like analytical bildungsromans or  otherwise.. you could always read Marquez books..they simply rock!!