HOMEWORK helpline - Open 24 hours - Page 37

Posted: 12 years ago
Hey, I need a bit of help..

Can someone please tell me what government does India have? and  has this been the same from the time they got independence from Britain??or has it changed from that time... and if so what differtn government did they have from that time till now?

Would really be thankful if someone could answer...

Originally posted by .SilentPrincess

Hey, I need a bit of help..

Can someone please tell me what government does India have? and  has this been the same from the time they got independence from Britain??or has it changed from that time... and if so what differtn government did they have from that time till now?

Would really be thankful if someone could answer...

The basic structure of the form of government in India has remained the same. But the ruling party has changed many times. Currently Congress party is in government.
But, let me know what exactly you are looking for so that I can give a more detailed answer.

Originally posted by akhl

The basic structure of the form of government in India has remained the same. But the ruling party has changed many times. Currently Congress party is in government.
But, let me know what exactly you are looking for so that I can give a more detailed answer.

"How is India governed?" How it is today... But  I want to add some details, by adding how it was by the time of their independence and how it is today... any major diffrences... I don't need too heavy stuff, someting simple will do...
Originally posted by .SilentPrincess

"How is India governed?" How it is today... But  I want to add some details, by adding how it was by the time of their independence and how it is today... any major diffrences... I don't need too heavy stuff, someting simple will do...

In English language, India is officially known as the Republic of India. The government in India is in the form of parliamentary system of democracy. The government is regulated by the constitution of India which came into effect on 26th January, 1950 (the replublic day of India). 

The government is composed of three branches:
Executive
Legislature
Judiciary

Executive: The President of India is the head of state. However, in reality, the president's powers are highly limited. Most of executive powers are with the Prime Minister. The executive branch of the Indian government consists of the president, the vice-president, and the council of ministers. The council of ministers is headed by the prime minister. 

Legislature: The legislature of India comprises the upper house called the Rajya Sabha and the lower house called the Lok Sabha. The members of Rajya Sabha are elected directly by the eisting ministers. The members of Lok Sabha are elected based on public voting. In India there are different political parties. Usually the party which wins most of seats through public voting forms the government. However, there are times when a single party does not win enough seats to form the government alone. In that case, more than one party form an alliance and form the government together.

Judiciary: The judiciary in India consists of the Supreme Court, High courts and trial courts. The courts interpret the constitution and prnounce judgements. There is one Supreme court, which is headed by the chief justice of India. Supreme court is the most powerful of all the courts. 

Let me know if you need any further details.
Since Independence, the number of states have increased. The ruling parties have changed and some modifications have been made in constitution from time to time. However, the basic structure of the government has not changed.
Originally posted by 01friends01

what is food miles?

Food miles is the distance from the time the product is made to the time it reaches the consumer.
Originally posted by -Komal

Food miles is the distance from the time the product is made to the time it reaches the consumer.

then why its called food miles? why not product miles?😕
Originally posted by 01friends01

then why its called food miles? why not product miles?😕

my bad I meant food not product LOL...I hope its clear now ðŸ˜³
Edited by -Komal - 12 years ago
So glad to see this homework post on IF. I am stuck on a calculus question, and I really need help.

The question:

A Pendulum swings through an arc of 120 cm (Swing #1)
With each further swing, the arc length is reduced by 15 %

a) State the growth factor
b) calculate the length of the arc in Swing # 4

I think I'm supposed to use this formula:

Tn = ar^n-1

I just dont get what to plug where. Tn is the term number, a would be the first term, I think the percentage would go in for n. This is dead confusing :\
Originally posted by -Ayeshaa-

So glad to see this homework post on IF. I am stuck on a calculus question, and I really need help.

The question:

A Pendulum swings through an arc of 120 cm (Swing #1)
With each further swing, the arc length is reduced by 15 %

a) State the growth factor
b) calculate the length of the arc in Swing # 4

I think I'm supposed to use this formula:

Tn = ar^n-1

I just dont get what to plug where. Tn is the term number, a would be the first term, I think the percentage would go in for n. This is dead confusing :\

You are on the right track! Tn is the term number, a is the first term, n is the difference which in this case is 15%.