Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago
I admit I used to swear (not a lot) in high school & UG level when everyone thinks it is 'cool' but now I find it to be totally 'uncool'. Here I see people on a regular basis using really bad hindi swear words even in normal conversations and not just as a stressbuster.
Once I've seen two gentlemen with their kids who had come to Eden Gardens to watch a Ind-Pak Test match and swearing profusely even in front of their kids. It was so weird that even me and my friend were feeling uncomfortable. Do they really want their kids to learn that kind of language?? 😕
sowmyaa thumbnail
They do? 🤔 I never swear so not sure about it 😉 😳
Naina_Manam thumbnail

I always fail to understand why ppl swear? what do they get out of it?

I fail to understand it too.. I barely ever swear and at most I'll say "shoot" That too very rarely ever.  Everyone at my school knows too that I hate swearing and they try to avoid it infront of me.. so my question is that if they can avoid it in front of me then why not always?

many have made it part of their normal conversation. and they feel its very much "in" fashion. if someone doesn't swear or use any disrespectfull word they are considered to be nerds or geeks. who don't know anything. they are not hot and happening. and what not.

Yes, that's another stereotype I hate.  I also hate the way some of the stupidest things on Earth are considered to be in fashion 😡  The person who swears the most is the one who's considered to be 'modern.'

many say it comes out of their mouth when they are angry or upset. but isn't it under our control what we say and what not. there are other ways to express anger or frustration. how does swearing release stress, anger or tension?

To tell you the truth, I release my anger and stress by crying.. really works for me. Haven't tried swearing yet and am sure it won't work either. 😳

Secondly, yes, I believe everything we say and do is under our control only, it's just that people who do wrong things just like to make up an excuse as to why they are doing it.

One thing I hate the most is that many people don't just swear in anger,  it's just a cool thing do.  In cafeteria, during lunch when we all gather, they'd call each other by filthy names and believe that they are being 'cool.' 😕

calling someone with disgusting names, which also sometimes go to their parents and other family members, is right to do? what do those ppl get in return? another bad words? phir faida kya howa?

Faida kuch bhi nahin hai.  But I think people don't think about these things.  When I talk about the same matter, they call me 'ultra sensitive' whereas I jsut believe that I am normal. Why would you call someone with disgusting names and be happy? Is it possible? Can't you just refrain from using those bad words? I am sure people can... they just aren't willing to.

on daily bases we warn, edit and even sometimes ban members who swear or use offensive lang, and I always wonder, what did they got out of it?? they were removed from the forum.

The thing is that we can't stop someone from swearing if they only don't want to.  I think language is one of the very first impressions of people and it is necessary that it is sober and decent but many people don't realize that.  They just like to do something against the norms I guess.

when it is not accepted socially then why is swearing increasing day by day. it is so sad that even our teachers on their personal front use such words normally. are all the rules and COC for class rooms?

Well, that's what I am saying, if people can refrain from swearing at certain times then why can't they stop swearing always???  I agree it is indeed sad and one of the disturbing realities today.