Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Ms. Bholi Bhali

IF-Sizzlerz

Ms. Bholi Bhali

-

Posted: 23 January 2007 at 12:38am | IP Logged

I always fail to understand why ppl swear? what do they get out of it?

many have made it part of their normal conversation. and they feel its very much "in" fashion. if someone doesn't swear or use any disrespectfull word they are considered to be nerds or geeks. who don't know anything. they are not hot and happening. and what not.

many say it comes out of their mouth when they are angry or upset. but isn't it under our control what we say and what not. there are other ways to express anger or frustration. how does swearing release stress, anger or tension?

calling someone with disgusting names, which also sometimes go to their parents and other family members, is right to do? what do those ppl get in return? another bad words? phir faida kya howa?

on daily bases we warn, edit and even sometimes ban members who swear or use offensive lang, and I always wonder, what did they got out of it?? they were removed from the forum.

when it is not accepted socially then why is swearing increasing day by day. it is so sad that even our teachers on their personal front use such words normally. are all the rules and COC for class rooms?

its very sad. but it is becoming a norm. Ouch

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why do ppl swear??" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nishi

IF-Dazzler

nishi

Posted: 23 January 2007 at 12:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ms. Bholi Bhali

even i donno ........... i mean ppl generally use words which r Censored ....... but faayda kyaa ?? khud ka mooh kyun ganda karte ho ???

many have made it part of their normal conversation. and they feel its very much "in" fashion. if someone doesn't swear or use any disrespectfull word they are considered to be nerds or geeks. who don't know anything. they are not hot and happening. and what not.

i know i hab faced such a prob .......... since i was used to being a mod and din use such words here ........ it was my daily habit of not using such words ....... but in the class i am supposed to be a nerd ....... and uncool when i say ppl to mind thr language when they spk to me Ouch

many say it comes out of their mouth when they are angry or upset. but isn't it under our control what we say and what not. there are other ways to express anger or frustration. how does swearing release stress, anger or tension?

ctrl main nahi hain ??? tats ridiculous ......... ctrl main is liye nahi hain kyunki woh ctrl karna nahi chahte ........ din they hear abt will power ???

i don think swearing reduces tension ........ in contrary it increases it ....... while u fight using swear words

calling someone with disgusting names, which also sometimes go to their parents and other family members, is right to do?

nope why bring parents and ppl not related to the fight in between ??

what do those ppl get in return? another bad words? phir faida kya howa?

wohi toh koi faayda nahi hua ............ LOLLOLLOL

on daily bases we warn, edit and even sometimes ban members who swear or use offensive lang, and I always wonder, what did they got out of it?? they were removed from the forum.

when it is not accepted socially then why is swearing increasing day by day. it is so sad that even our teachers on their personal front use such words normally. are all the rules and COC for class rooms?

nope all the rules r only in front of authority ........ acche pan ka mask pehenne ke liye .........

i know sabah ....... Ouch

Edited by nishi - 23 January 2007 at 12:56am

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 23 January 2007 at 12:56am | IP Logged

I swear i do very rare swear......Tongue....Wink Cos people not trust each other fastly....in life trust is the imp thing....If anyone feel they not trust him/her thats why they try to swear.

many have made it part of their normal conversation. and they feel its very much "in" fashion. if someone doesn't swear or use any disrespectfull word they are considered to be nerds or geeks. who don't know anything. they are not hot and happening. and what not

^. Embarrassed

many say it comes out of their mouth when they are angry or upset. but isn't it under our control what we say and what not. there are other ways to express anger or frustration. how does swearing release stress, anger or tension?calling someone with disgusting names, which also sometimes go to their parents and other family members, is right to do? what do those ppl get in return? another bad words? phir faida kya howa?

Some ppls can't control their anger, that time they forget everything....then tell or do these kind of thing....Anger is a type of tension relesing method of humans.......some people get angry so fast Angrysome dont get.Big smile...

All offiencive members are not bad....kuch log ache be hote hey.......sometime its cos of communication gap.....or misunderstanding

Try to trust peoples thats the solution............Big smile 

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 23 January 2007 at 7:19am | IP Logged

Cuss words used randomly (eg WTF, What C***,that's BS, screw that, holy S***, etc not directed at another living creature) definitely give  a way to release of frustration and anger (as most cussers would agree)!   i cannot tell you how, but it works somehow!  Using cuss words i believe starts either in a family where the kids hear them in abundance  OR as you pointed out, in school / college / university / dorms where it is CEWL initially and becomes too late eventually to figure when they become part of your verbal exprssion on a regular basis DeadDead.  When used regularly, the bad words lose their meaning.  Then it is not about releasing frutstration anymore.  It is just how crudely you express yourself. 

Usually, such people can completely rinse their mouth and talk clean in a given audience at work place / in the company of elders in the family / kids in family!  AND THEY BETTER DO THAT!

calling someone with disgusting names, which also sometimes go to their parents and other family members, is right to do? what do those ppl get in return? another bad words? phir faida kya howa?

that is extremely bad and wrong. Perhaps  frequent usage of "screw that" becomes "screw u" and the user's brain fails to notice that the language is only not full of cuss words, but it is profane enough to hurt someone  Ouch

I wonder if they come back with other ids and cuss some more DeadDead

its very sad. but it is becoming a norm.Ouch

Teachers and parents using cuss words is not acceptable.  One may say that if the kid will learn all that in school / university eventually, then why not start early?  I do believe that cussing is a horrible way to express / release anger.  Trendy cussing is absolutely unnecessary.  It does not teach children any POSITIVE approach to deal with their troubles / frustration anyway.  Hence, parents and teachers should be CAUTIOUS and  rinse their potty mouth. 

mQT ..

The above use of fowl language to provide examples Confused
is not directed at anyone. If it is hurtful, I apologize.  If I don't get banned for the above display of potty mouth, see you in another thread!

Edited by mermaid_QT - 23 January 2007 at 7:22am

Jia

IF-Rockerz

Jia

-

Posted: 24 January 2007 at 12:34am | IP Logged

i think they run out of words...we should buy them a dictionary! :p

as you said, its become a social norm. it depends on what age you are and you say a certain bad word...and as you grow up your bad word vocab increases. i think you can easily express your anger or resentment or frustration using polite or normal being's vocab than stooping to the level of swearing and disrespecting w/o really understanding what you are saying. but you know it also depends on how you use it. some of the people i know are really lame in that they swear in every other sentence. i think when you do that, you really lose the sense of swearing and use words the F word as using "like" in every sentence. do you "like" get what i mean?

in general, i guess its just to fit in the cool category these days...but if you ask me, thats the total opposite of being cool...or rather keeping your cool. :p

Edited by sweet_kp - 24 January 2007 at 12:34am

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 24 January 2007 at 12:50am | IP Logged

So emotional topicSmile!! I don't swear and I don't beleive even if other's swear.After all things are not stagant ,life is like a river not like a sea.Situations ,people and issues change.So swearing makes no sense.

Cheers,

Mythili

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 07 February 2007 at 7:29pm | IP Logged
bump

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 07 February 2007 at 7:45pm | IP Logged

come-on you #@$!@$#  left lane is for faster vehicles, you dont drive at 5 miles below speed limit and drive in left lane, which #$%$%$ gave these guys a driving license, what the @#$ is this, I was driving 10 mins below speed limit just b'cos you wanted to apply a lipstickAngry, you !@#@#$ now I am late for my meeting

explains?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top