Debate Mansion

arent indians the biggest racist??? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 13

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 23 January 2007 at 5:44pm | IP Logged

Edited by ani11 - 08 October 2009 at 1:21pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "arent indians the biggest racist??? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Dazlingflower

Dazlingflower

Posted: 23 January 2007 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
but let me assured you that i am an Indian and i am proud of the fact but still i am against responding to Shilpa Shetty as an Indian just because she was racially abused by some Brits.

I believe you are saying that you didn't think it was a big deal that she was treated like a third class citizen in that show. There is prejudice in Britian against other races and I believe producers of the show could have edited those remarks made by Jade, but they chose not to! Why is that? Is it because they don't care or insult sells? People need to be aware that those kind of remarks are not acceptable.

I do agree with you though that we need to look at our behavior first..We have so many racial issues in India. People still believe in cast systems and racial quotas.
But I guess when our own people discriminate, we can still ignore it, but when we see someone with different skin tone doing the same things, we tend to get more offended.

IdeaQueen

IF-Dazzler

IdeaQueen

Posted: 24 January 2007 at 6:00am | IP Logged
Himali !
Wonderful post Clap Clap Clap

I remember the quote "charity begins at home".
First we should set the things right in our country and then blame others.
For that matter Indians are notorious for untouchability concept and people who suffered that problem cursed all the higher caste people,net result "reservations" LOL
I will come back to this post again.
cheers,
Mythili

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 24 January 2007 at 10:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by egghatcher

what about people who love/like redheadsWink

Are there such people?? LOLLOL 

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 24 January 2007 at 11:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tisha

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

what about people who love/like redheadsWink

Are there such people?? LOLLOL 
i know you meant race heads...... sure there are those ...... racist and headstrong ...when next in Oregon/Iowa .. check the backwoods ...LOLLOLLOL

Kentucky has some too , where a MI license plate is considered too up north and too foreign.

hmm..ok thats what kentucky fried chicken is all about...

ani11

IF-Sizzlerz

ani11

Posted: 24 January 2007 at 12:29pm | IP Logged

Edited by ani11 - 08 October 2009 at 1:22pm

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 13 February 2007 at 3:17am | IP Logged
Just like "brain tumor" doesn;t spare people of any race, nationality, relighion and sex, the "disease called racism" is prevalent globally.
It makes me throw up when I meet Indians who find themselves inferior to whites and superior to black.  Why is it so hard to believe that we are neither superior not inferior to any other race? Confused.

If at all, we all need to realize that genetic studies indicate that whites are the carriers of mutant alleles, while blacks camprise of non-mutant genes for color. We are the pretty Embarrassed Embarrassed mocha-colored hets .

Who decides superiority? "Ignorant ego". All cultures, civilizations and nationals are cursed with that too!  Racism is its ugly kid. 
Those hill-billies from Kentucky Tania mentioned earlier gave me run for my color once.  It was an unforgettable experience, as  among elite that I generally associate with, I had not seen such an attitude and hence wasn't prepared for it even in wilderness.. LOL

Edited by mermaid_QT - 13 February 2007 at 3:24am

tina59

IF-Rockerz

tina59

Posted: 13 February 2007 at 7:47am | IP Logged

well Big Brother issue or not , racism does exist very proiminently in our country . Its funny that we dont hesitate to point fingers on other nations when something like this happens but get offended or go on the defensive when someone points out that it has been happening in our country since ages.

The minute u go to a school to get the application form, what do we see , caste ? , religion ? , I mean does education need all this , there itself descrimination and racism starts . If they are having that question for their records then fine but we all know what they are used for.

racism and descrimination exists in every field and every industry in our country be it movies where certain regions are labelled with particular characterists and made fun of .........like say southindians are shown to be dark haired who speak really bad hindi and make a fool out of thmselves and then punjabi;s are shown to be dumb and foolish , guju's are shown to be misers ...........stuff like that is called descrimination based on regions

I have heard from my parents when they were on a tour visiting temples that certain temples still dont allow low caste people to come inside the main temple , thats descrimination based on caste

the worst is in education , brains are given to every human being why should we have descrimination on that . We have certain percentage for backward , certain for forward, certain % for other . Is this what we want our kids to learn and follow , descrimination based on caste again

we have 33 % reservation for girls , why . If girls and boys are equal then should we have any sort of reservation , isnt this descrimination based on gender .

do we give the same amount of respect for people who work like say servants or people who come to sell small small things , dont we descriminate them based on their status .

conclusion : we have descrimination based on caste , religion, status , color, region , language , gender........ and when we take decisions based on the the very same factors , its called racism and it very much exists in our country . I hope our future generation realise it that human values and behaviour is more important than thier cste , status and color

Post Reply New Post

Go to top