Debate Mansion

arent indians the biggest racist??? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 13

Page 1
Page   of 13
Page 3 Page 13

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 21 January 2007 at 4:32am | IP Logged
hmm..
okay Im tamil..
if i meet a tamil and converse with him/her in tamil in another state say Bangalore..i find no fault with it...

while I do keep in Mind that Im Indian, I cant forget the fact that Im tamil, can I...

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "arent indians the biggest racist??? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Himmi_K

IF-Dazzler

Himmi_K

Posted: 21 January 2007 at 6:52am | IP Logged
if i meet a tamil and converse with him/her in tamil in another state say Bangalore..i find no fault with it...

while I do keep in Mind that Im Indian, I cant forget the fact that Im tamil, can I...

caramelcj,
you cant and you shouldnt
but ultimately being an indian should be your more global identity than being a tamil indian.

when one tamil person refuse to talk to other person in any other language than tamil and especialy when the other person doesnt know it, seems discriminatory doesnt it??? it may show how much you respect ur language and community but somewhere its racist behavior where we consider other community below ours.

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 21 January 2007 at 7:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by himali_kokate

caramelcj,
but ultimately being an indian should be your more global identity than being a tamil indian.

when one tamil person refuse to talk to other person in any other language than tamil and especialy when the other person doesnt know it, seems discriminatory doesnt it??? it may show how much you respect ur language and community but somewhere its racist behavior where we consider other community below ours.

well that was random capitalization..it wasnt completely capitalized
i wasnt shouting....

What you consider racism, I consider it to be bonding....
however I do agree that people musnt talk in another language when other people present do not understand and that goes for everybody

Im Indian and Im Tamil...I consider both my identities..
Well opinions are bound to differ anyway  and mine differs from yours..no offence anyway..

Edited by caramelcj - 21 January 2007 at 7:14am

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 21 January 2007 at 8:55am | IP Logged

i know its shocking.....not really

but let me assured you that i am an Indian and i am proud of the fact but still i am against responding to Shilpa Shetty as an Indian just because she was racially abused by some Brits.

it is reverse racism, but we Indians are very good hypocrites

are we Indians living in India not Racist??? you ask a man living in india about who he is and a prompt answer would be i am south indian or north indian or maharastrian, gujarathi, kerlaite kashmiri. very hardly will people say that i am an Indian.

We are United States of India rather than "Republic of India", perhaps that might explain

is it not racism???

few Bihari students waiting on Dadar Station(mumbai) for their Railway Board Exams were beaten up badly and crammed in trains and sent back to Bihar without allowing them to appear for exams...why?

Do you know the complete details? Do you know the background of the situation, you are turning a non-racial, non-regional issue to racial/regional issue to prove your point of Racism here, there are thousands of other communities who show up in Mumbai, dont get as badly treated as "outsiders" get treated in other parts of the country

because they were Bihari..if they had appeared for exams, naturally local candidates wouldnt  have got chance. this was the excuse given by the so called 'goody' people in mumbai who not only did the hideous crime but also managed to garner votes in next BMC polls, heighlighting their deed in the best interest of 'local' candidates.

This is self loathing at the best, People in Maharashtra have made a career of hating regional parties here, just b'cos they are regional, so the Marathi out of Mumbai is getting into the minority due to this self loathing, you will never find this anywhere in the country,whereas other states, they are prospering, you have to accept the situation and support your bad kid to get protected from other bad kidsWink

please step away from the situation, think about it rationally, the "goody" people may not look that bad, they do bad things, but this was not one of them, if you have spent time in Maharashtra Education system with Bihari students, you might know what I meanWink

today when we see Bihari Babus on the streets of mumbai or in local trains, we all 'original' mumbaikars wrench our nose whispering slightly in co-passenger's ear how these 'low standard' people are affecting Mumbai's growth and making it as dirty as Bihar is. at that time dont we neglect their contribution in Mumbai's success even if they have 1% of share in it. we chose to ignore it cause we feel its our land and 'others' should have limited access to it.

these 1% have now grown to 15-20% now and including others outnumber the Marathi's in Mumbai and now are asking Mumbai to be seperated from Maharashtra, Isnt it time to wake up from that dream?

even today when fights errupts in trains over 'fourth seat'  dont we blame the 'others' for increasing problems in mumbai..be it slums or population or degrading life styles? dont we sincerely shake our heads in negation  when we see a tattered clothed 'other' man accompanying his wife and a whole train of children behind? dont we tell them to go back to Bihar or whatever place they have come from? dont we blame our governemnt for providing them shelter and other necessities?

When does it stop being a responsibility of the govt of Bihar and start becoming a responsibility of the Govt of Maharashtra? Just because Govt of Bihar is doing a piss-poor job at maintaining the living standard of its residents to a 3rd world level, it is now a responsibility of the Govt of Maharashtra? Isnt the first responsibility of Maharashtra govt towards its current citizens? Or maybe you want the People of Maharashtra to come to the level of 3rd world level to compensate?

even if i am a maharashtrianLOLLOL 

I have dark complexion and curley hair--something popularly known as south indian traits.wherever i might go the first question hurled at me is "are you south indian?" isnt that called racism???

Confused People start talking to me in Gujarathi and Telegu, someone even talked to me in Spanish the other day, no that is presumptious attitude

when i answer them 'i am indian' they stare me as if i am grade one fool.

Wink

more than 60% of engineering and medical colleges in mumbai has minority based admission procedures.when an able maharashtrian candidate is refused an engineering seat cause it was reserved for 'gujrathi' student, is that not racism??? LOLLOLLOL, you are countering your earlier pointLOLLOLLOL

arent there some  hospitals where even rich people from a particular state would be given privileges over poor Locals?

yeah but that is not racial, that is "money power"

we call it community service but isnt that racism under veil???

Confused

even today when two gujrathis  or two south-indian people meet each other  they would start conversing in gujrathi or telgu/malyayi languages respectively.who cares about what our national language is. you arrive on Bangalore Airport and rickshawwalhas their would refuse point black to talk to you in any other language than their's.

What is the national language of IndiaConfused? The southern states were against Hindi being nominited as the official language right from the begining, Oh yeah, visit Chennai, Bangalore will feel like a cosmopoltian town for you

if we indians, though living in the same country, being governed by the same administrative force, sharing same resources for individual prosperity cant let go off our racism or communism if i can say so, why should we expect Brits to accept us as part of their society where every UK bound indian family tries to bestow same 'indian' values and beliefs upon their children who are left confused over whether they are Indians or Brits. where every NRI family follow and protect traditions that have vanished from India ages ago. wont our NRI parents die of cardiac arrest or bout of shame if an indian girl choses a Brit partner???

i am NOT supporting Racism or Communism but Indians arent the right people to create a ho-ha over Racism. We should see whats burning under our feet first and then blame others.

I agree with this point of yoursBig smile

I hate it when people talk about leveling field of competition in Mumbai, but do not talk about it in other metropolis, Mumbai has welcomed everyone with open arms for decades compared to other metropolis, but people always find a reason to blame Mumbai and its local politicians

You have a valid point here, but you used a wrong example to justify it in my opinionWink

Edited by sareg - 21 January 2007 at 9:07am

chatbuster

IF-Rockerz

chatbuster

Deactivated on request

Posted: 21 January 2007 at 10:19am | IP Logged
"arent indians the biggest racist???"

haha, now how will we ever know? will first have to look under the sleeves of others Wink

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 21 January 2007 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sareg

it is reverse racism, but we Indians are very good hypocrites

We are United States of India rather than "Republic of India", perhaps that might explain

Do you know the complete details? Do you know the background of the situation, you are turning a non-racial, non-regional issue to racial/regional issue to prove your point of Racism here, there are thousands of other communities who show up in Mumbai, dont get as badly treated as "outsiders" get treated in other parts of the country

This is self loathing at the best, People in Maharashtra have made a career of hating regional parties here, just b'cos they are regional, so the Marathi out of Mumbai is getting into the minority due to this self loathing, you will never find this anywhere in the country,whereas other states, they are prospering, you have to accept the situation and support your bad kid to get protected from other bad kidsWink

please step away from the situation, think about it rationally, the "goody" people may not look that bad, they do bad things, but this was not one of them, if you have spent time in Maharashtra Education system with Bihari students, you might know what I meanWink

these 1% have now grown to 15-20% now and including others outnumber the Marathi's in Mumbai and now are asking Mumbai to be seperated from Maharashtra, Isnt it time to wake up from that dream?

When does it stop being a responsibility of the govt of Bihar and start becoming a responsibility of the Govt of Maharashtra? Just because Govt of Bihar is doing a piss-poor job at maintaining the living standard of its residents to a 3rd world level, it is now a responsibility of the Govt of Maharashtra? Isnt the first responsibility of Maharashtra govt towards its current citizens? Or maybe you want the People of Maharashtra to come to the level of 3rd world level to compensate?

Confused People start talking to me in Gujarathi and Telegu, someone even talked to me in Spanish the other day, no that is presumptious attitude

yeah but that is not racial, that is "money power"

What is the national language of IndiaConfused? The southern states were against Hindi being nominited as the official language right from the begining, Oh yeah, visit Chennai, Bangalore will feel like a cosmopoltian town for you

indian family tries to bestow same 'indian' values and beliefs upon their children who are left confused over whether they are Indians or Brits. where every NRI family follow and protect traditions that have vanished from India ages ago. wont our NRI parents die of cardiac arrest or bout of shame if an indian girl choses a Brit partner???

i am NOT supporting Racism or Communism but Indians arent the right people to create a ho-ha over Racism. We should see whats burning under our feet first and then blame others.

I agree with this point of yoursBig smile

I hate it when people talk about leveling field of competition in Mumbai, but do not talk about it in other metropolis, Mumbai has welcomed everyone with open arms for decades compared to other metropolis, but people always find a reason to blame Mumbai and its local politicians

You have a valid point here, but you used a wrong example to justify it in my opinionWink

Oh wow sareg!!  Loved it loved it!!
mqt

Edited by mermaid_QT - 21 January 2007 at 10:24am

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 21 January 2007 at 11:42am | IP Logged

caramelcj,

My question is, why do you need to converse in tamil at all. Cant you converse in HINDI - our national language....Wink

LOL

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 21 January 2007 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

caramelcj,

My question is, why do you need to converse in tamil at all. Cant you converse in HINDI - our national language....Wink

LOL

I thought Hindi by itself was never declared the national language..

.. after all it is my heritage...
India is a diverse country..
I respect my heritage as much as anybody else would..

this is regionalism..

like sareg said in "United STates of India", you cannot every body to speak Hindi...Wink
uniformity is not possible...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top