Page 1 of 13

Page 1
Page   of 13
Page 2 Page 13

Himmi_K

IF-Dazzler

Himmi_K

Posted: 21 January 2007 at 12:29am | IP Logged

Disclaimer: all views expressed here reflect my personal experiences. i do not want to target any particular community here.

i know its shocking.....

but let me assured you that i am an Indian and i am proud of the fact but still i am against responding to Shilpa Shetty as an Indian just because she was racially abused by some Brits.

are we Indians living in India not Racist??? you ask a man living in india about who he is and a prompt answer would be i am south indian or north indian or maharastrian, gujarathi, kerlaite kashmiri. very hardly will people say that i am an Indian.

is it not racism???

few Bihari students waiting on Dadar Station(mumbai) for their Railway Board Exams were beaten up badly and crammed in trains and sent back to Bihar without allowing them to appear for exams...why? because they were Bihari..if they had appeared for exams, naturally local candidates wouldnt  have got chance. this was the excuse given by the so called 'goody' people in mumbai who not only did the hideous crime but also managed to garner votes in next BMC polls, heighlighting their deed in the best interest of 'local' candidates.

today when we see Bihari Babus on the streets of mumbai or in local trains, we all 'original' mumbaikars wrench our nose whispering slightly in co-passenger's ear how these 'low standard' people are affecting Mumbai's growth and making it as dirty as Bihar is. at that time dont we neglect their contribution in Mumbai's success even if they have 1% of share in it. we chose to ignore it cause we feel its our land and 'others' should have limited access to it.

even today when fights errupts in trains over 'fourth seat'  dont we blame the 'others' for increasing problems in mumbai..be it slums or population or degrading life styles? dont we sincerely shake our heads in negation  when we see a tattered clothed 'other' man accompanying his wife and a whole train of children behind? dont we tell them to go back to Bihar or whatever place they have come from? dont we blame our governemnt for providing them shelter and other necessities?

even if i am a maharashtrian,I have dark complexion and curley hair--something popularly known as south indian traits.wherever i might go the first question hurled at me is "are you south indian?" isnt that called racism??? when i answer them 'i am indian' they stare me as if i am grade one fool.

more than 60% of engineering and medical colleges in mumbai has minority based admission procedures.when an able maharashtrian candidate is refused an engineering seat cause it was reserved for 'gujrathi' student, is that not racism???

arent there some  hospitals where even rich people from a particular state would be given privileges over poor Locals?

we call it community service but isnt that racism under veil???

even today when two gujrathis  or two south-indian people meet each other  they would start conversing in gujrathi or telgu/malyayi languages respectively.who cares about what our national language is. you arrive on Bangalore Airport and rickshawwalhas their would refuse point black to talk to you in any other language than their's.

if we indians, though living in the same country, being governed by the same administrative force, sharing same resources for individual prosperity cant let go off our racism or communism if i can say so, why should we expect Brits to accept us as part of their society where every UK bound indian family tries to bestow same 'indian' values and beliefs upon their children who are left confused over whether they are Indians or Brits. where every NRI family follow and protect traditions that have vanished from India ages ago. wont our NRI parents die of cardiac arrest or bout of shame if an indian girl choses a Brit partner???

i am NOT supporting Racism or Communism but Indians arent the right people to create a ho-ha over Racism. We should see whats burning under our feet first and then blame others.

Edited by himali_kokate - 21 January 2007 at 1:31am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Snapepunjabi#1vinnie-thepooh*Spandana*

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "arent indians the biggest racist???" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..Sanjana..

IF-Rockerz

..Sanjana..

Posted: 21 January 2007 at 12:58am | IP Logged
very well said hima di Clap anutha one of ur brilliantly written posts .i absolutely agree we r one of the most racist countries in the world.Seing shilpa Shetty face it we fight but dont we realise we are doing it ourselves?the people who are making an issue against this too are racists.We diffenciate between religions,parties,status in our poor...Even people like doctors treat rich 1st.Why ?even the poor have the same pains..

Edited by angelonearth - 21 January 2007 at 1:01am

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 21 January 2007 at 1:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by himali_kokate

Disclaimer: all views expressed here reflect my personal experiences. i do not want to target any particular community here.

i know its shocking.....

but let me assured you that i am an Indian and i am proud of the fact but still i am against responding to Shila Shetty as an Indian just because she was racially abused by some Brits.

are we Indians living in India not Racist??? you ask a man living in india about who he is and a prompt answer would be i am south indian or north indian or maharastrian, gujarathi, kerlaite kashmiri. very hardly will people say that i am an Indian.

is it not racism???

All place we can see diff type racism....In india we have mixed cultures,1000s of languages,100s religions,cast,writing styles but all say we are indians, when u live in india sometime ppl say am a south indian or bangli or smthing like that.

few Bihari students waiting on Dadar Station(mumbai) for their Railway Board Exams were beaten up badly and crammed in trains and sent back to Bihar without allowing them to appear for exams...why? Its some people's activities only 99% against it these type things.  

because they were Bihari..if they had appeared for exams, naturally local candidates wouldnt  have got chance. this was the excuse given by the so called 'goody' people in mumbai who not only did the hedious crime but also managed to garner votes in next BMC polls, heighlighting their deed in the best interest of 'local' candidates.

today when we see Bihari Babus on the streets of mumbai or in local trains, we all 'original' mumbaikars wrentch our nose whispering slightly in co-passengers ears how these 'low standard' people are affecting Mumbai's growth and making it as dirty as Bihar is. at that time dont we neglect their contribution in Mumbai's success even if they have 1% of share in it. we chose to ignore it cause we feel its our land and 'others' should have limited access to it.

even today when fights errupts in trains over 'fourth seat'  dont we blame the 'others' for increasing problems in mumbai..be it slums or population or degrading life styles? dont we sincerely shake our heads in negation  when we see a tattered clothed man accompanying his wife and a whole train of children behind? dont we tell them to go back to Bihar or whatever place they have come from? dont we blame our governemnt for providing them shelter and other necessities?

even if i am a maharashtrian,I have dark complexion and curley hair--something popularly known as south indian traits.wherever i might go the first question hurled at me is "are you south indian?" isnt that called racism???

No i dont think so.......if they ask are u south indian wats wrong in it. Embarrassed

when i answer them 'i am indian' they stare me as if i am grade one fool.

eg:When you studying xyz  school 10th class, same skool 5th grade stud ask you 'which class u strudying' when you reply 'am a xyz skool stud' is it right answer???

more than 60% of engineering and medical colleges in mumbai has minority based admission procedures.when an able maharashtrian candidate is refused an engineering seat cause it was reserved for 'gujrathi' student, is that not racism???

All have rights to study......i dont think a spl preferce for gujj ,its other state student reservations.

arent there some  hospitals where even rich people from a particular state would be given privileges over poor Locals?

Govt. hospitals dont have the differce all are same.......Did any rich guy go to Govt hospital.......noSmile

we call it community service but isnt that racism in veil???

A type of racism is there.........

even today when two gujrathis  or two south-indian people meet each other  they would start conversing in gujrathi or telgu/malyayi languages respectively.who cares about what our national language is. you arrive on Bangalore Airport and rickshawwalhas their would refuse point black to talk to you in any other language than theirs.

if we indians, though living in the same country, being governed by the same administrative force, sharing same resources for individual prosperity cant let go off our racism or communism if i can say so, why should we expect Brits to accept us as part of their society where every UK bound family tries to bestow same 'indian' values and beliefs upon their children who are left confused over whether they are Indians or Brits. where every NRI family follow and protect traditions that have vanished from India ages ago. wont our NRI parents die of cardiac arrest or bout of shame if an indian girl choses a Brit partner???

Dont think NRI only keeping the indian traditions.......why girls parents fear?there is lot of reasons. i think soSmile

i am NOT supporting Racism or Communism but Indians arent the right people to create a ho-ha over Racism. We should see whats burning under our feet first and then blame others.

All Indian have rights to create ho-ha over racism.....for a nation issue all feel the same, inside india have lot of differnet opinion n views, but a pure indian should react on racism....

Himmi_K

IF-Dazzler

Himmi_K

Posted: 21 January 2007 at 1:48am | IP Logged
(Its some people's activities only 99% against it these type things.)

believe,
similarly, i do not see all brits and Americans abusing indians or other blacks.its those 1% which matters too..cause 1% of few billions makes a huge proportion)

(Dont think NRI only keeping the indian traditions.......why girls parents fear?there is lot of reasons. i think so)

ofcourse there are other reasons.and i didnt say that NRI ONLY keep tradition. i meant they are much more indian than people who actually live in india. they try to protect their identity as an indian.

No i dont think so.......if they ask are u south indian wats wrong in it.

there is nothing wrong with it. but why to categorise people on their states.south indians mking fun of gujrati. gujratis making fun of maharashtrians..this is what i am miffed with.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 21 January 2007 at 2:11am | IP Logged

(Its some people's activities only 99% against it these type things.)

believe,
similarly, i do not see all brits and Americans abusing indians or other blacks.its those 1% which matters too..cause 1% of few billions makes a huge proportion)

(Dont think NRI only keeping the indian traditions.......why girls parents fear?there is lot of reasons. i think so)

ofcourse there are other reasons.and i didnt say that NRI ONLY keep tradition. i meant they are much more indian than people who actually live in india. they try to protect their identity as an indian.

No i dont think so.......if they ask are u south indian wats wrong in it.

there is nothing wrong with it. but why to categorise people on their states.south indians mking fun of gujrati. gujratis making fun of maharashtrians..this is what i am miffed with.

ok agree with your some points.....Smile

then about categorise people state wise its natural in india ....i dont think they making fun each other openly, i saw sardar joke all over the world...but i think most of them take it as a joke only.

Himmi_K

IF-Dazzler

Himmi_K

Posted: 21 January 2007 at 2:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by egghatcher

i know its shocking.....indeed you are .....and respectfully i have to say wrongfully so i am thankful u didnt start throwing chappals at meLOLLOL

but let me assured you that i am an Indian and i am proud of the fact but still i am against responding to Shilpa Shetty as an Indian just because she was racially abused by some Brits.......regardless of our regionalism ( i am from maharashtra by the way)  we have to have an appointee that represents entire India .... be it an ambassador or a counsel general etc in this case shilpa was nominated for such a task.... for all of us diverse indians ....nowhere in her clause it stated that she would also be subjected to abject racism and ignorance the way she has had to undergo so far well idea of living with some firangis include being racially abused too. thats sometimes their favorite timepass.  she was given the idea of whom she was going to deal with. shilpa isnt that innocent i guessWink

are we Indians living in India not Racist??? you ask a man living in india about who he is and a prompt answer would be i am south indian or north indian or maharastrian, gujarathi, kerlaite kashmiri. very hardly will people say that i am an Indian...two wrongs dont make a right ..........correct? u seem to want to condemn us indians to life of subservience and servility.. how come? our very differences are stemming from our need to be respected ......albeit regionally so..it is so but then if religions and communities are made to grow together towards prosperity, why do we end up name calling??

is it not racism??? it is discriminatory yes ... no one denies it and no one denies we must keep working on it and eradicate it totally.....

few Bihari students waiting on Dadar Station(mumbai) for their Railway Board Exams were beaten up badly and crammed in trains and sent back to Bihar without allowing them to appear for exams...why? because they were Bihari..if they had appeared for exams, naturally local candidates wouldnt  have got chance. this was the excuse given by the so called 'goody' people in mumbai who not only did the hideous crime but also managed to garner votes in next BMC polls, heighlighting their deed in the best interest of 'local' candidates.

today when we see Bihari Babus on the streets of mumbai or in local trains, we all 'original' mumbaikars wrench our nose whispering slightly in co-passenger's ear how these 'low standard' people are affecting Mumbai's growth and making it as dirty as Bihar is. at that time dont we neglect their contribution in Mumbai's success even if they have 1% of share in it. we chose to ignore it cause we feel its our land and 'others' should have limited access to it.

even today when fights errupts in trains over 'fourth seat'  dont we blame the 'others' for increasing problems in mumbai..be it slums or population or degrading life styles? dont we sincerely shake our heads in negation  when we see a tattered clothed 'other' man accompanying his wife and a whole train of children behind? dont we tell them to go back to Bihar or whatever place they have come from? dont we blame our governemnt for providing them shelter and other necessities?i agree with you that such inadequacy nust never be allowed...... do u know who were those miscreants that attacked the biharis? well its a very strong political party if u live in maharashtra u very well know whom i am talking aboutWinkdid u witnesss this or read about it? i read, watched and saw that.the sikh police commissioner will not settle for such dastardly acts I am sure ... he is an union appointee..there were  arrests but believe me noone was convicted at the end. it was labelled as 'mob hysteria'.

even if i am a maharashtrian,I have dark complexion and curley hair--something popularly known as south indian traits.wherever i might go the first question hurled at me is "are you south indian?" isnt that called racism??? when i answer them 'i am indian' they stare me as if i am grade one fool. u are alluding to typecasting ignorance of some idiots ..... whichis not racism by and in itself

more than 60% of engineering and medical colleges in mumbai has minority based admission procedures.when an able maharashtrian candidate is refused an engineering seat cause it was reserved for 'gujrathi' student, is that not racism???no..... it isnt ... its a central government policy to uplift the backward folks and if you dont show respect to it then i am afraid that in itself is racist and discriminatory .. notice you are fightin for the biharis in first instance and fighting against the challenged students here.....Tongue in first case, biharis were discriminated. in second case maharashtrian students were. govt indeed made the policy to uplift poor people but then dont u think reservation should be based on economical status of student than on which state he/she belongs to.

arent there some  hospitals where even rich people from a particular state would be given privileges over poor Locals?     its more an economical necessity than racism .. the doctor has paid through his REO to complete the course and is out to make quick money to pay back his loans..Hippocrates oath is indeed taken with a ulta sulta hand therefor..LOL    WinkLOL

we call it community service but isnt that racism under veil???call what community service now?

even today when two gujrathis  or two south-indian people meet each other  they would start conversing in gujrathi or telgu/malyayi languages respectively.who cares about what our national language is. you arrive on Bangalore Airport and rickshawwalhas their would refuse point black to talk to you in any other language than their's. i think you should glorify the fact that we have so much diversity in our country and cannot expect the folks at the lowest strata of life to be politically correct and speak hindi only......its ok not to speak hindi everywhere..and yet owe allegiance to our flag u know

if we indians, though living in the same country, being governed by the same administrative force, sharing same resources for individual prosperity cant let go off our racism or communism if i can say so, why should we expect Brits to accept us as part of their society where every UK bound indian family tries to bestow same 'indian' values and beliefs upon their children who are left confused over whether they are Indians or Brits. where every NRI family follow and protect traditions that have vanished from India ages ago. wont our NRI parents die of cardiac arrest or bout of shame if an indian girl choses a Brit partner??? would you consider marrying out of your caste?      if so then  why ? if not then why not? NRI have chosen their lifestyle either by personal choice or by need and inter-racial marriages do work ..... FYI..Wink they certainly do but they are accepted as last resort by parents.

i am NOT supporting Racism or Communism but Indians arent the right people to create a ho-ha over Racism. We should see whats burning under our feet first and then blame others.while you watch whats under your feet you should pave a way ahead to ensure you dont keep walking on coals of fire all the time.......support Shilpa .....she may have opened a can of worms of racism perpetrated by the brits in our country too ........please remember they are the past and present masters of divide and rule and indeed they did rule our country with that objective and kept us unfused together when it comes to supporting shilpa, i am certainly NOT doing that. had it been some non -celebrity type victim, i certainly would have.

shilpa being a smart and cunning woman has managed to garner support from not only NRI but also people from all over world so that she can root in for few more weeks which not only will rejuvenate  her  dull and dying bollywood career but also open new avenues in Hollywood.

she was the one to fan the ambers. why and what for was she applying fairness cream on her face and roam around the house..this fact was the headstart. she was asked if she wants to look fair and compete with white ladies.

why couldnt she simply walk out or the least answer 'goody' back when she called india a slum and indians as beggers. why couldnt she retort back to daniella when she made fun of us that indians use their hands for both to eat and to wash their A***.

well that would have washed away all the sympathy she acquired by crying and making puppy faces.if she indeed was there to represent india, she wouldnt have kept on shouting shut up and shut up.

why did she changed her statement at eleventh hour that she wasnt racially abused, when goody had done enough damage to her own  image when even brit papers were appealing people to vote out jade goody.

i think Shilpa shetty has opened Pandora's Box at right  moment. she doesnt deserved to be defended.

cheers .... nice venting though..was  food for thoughtLOL

eggy out

Himmi_K

IF-Dazzler

Himmi_K

Posted: 21 January 2007 at 2:55am | IP Logged
(i saw sardar joke all over the world...but i think most of them take it as a joke only.)

yes, some of them do take them as joke but others dont.i read few days ago about a small org in Punjab to fight against Santa Banta jokes LOL LOL LOL

Snape

Snape

Posted: 21 January 2007 at 3:20am | IP Logged
through Bigbrother show, or other occessions, the racism in the UK society comes infront of the public eyes. And after the protests or actions , they become more aware of racism, and actually takes an effort so that such thing doesnt happen again.

but Indian racism never comes to the limelight. There is no visible effort to eradicate racism from india ( same with pakistan and bangladesh ). therefore, where in UK the level of racism is declining, and india it's still the same

Post Reply New Post

Go to top