Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 19 years ago

I've quoted Daisy & Gigli just for reference from Apoorva's birthday post.

Originally posted by: Daisy

She jus smiled and said"Abhi mujhe backstage bataya gaya hai jyada mat bolna"
I guess that thing of maintaining the secrecy...
They even called her "Jasmee Walia" in the nominees,not mona singh,and she was in that same avtaar of hers,that same orange salwar she had worn on thurs,specs and all.I am tired of seeing her like that.

Originally posted by: gigli

Most people are sick of her like that!

This actually proves how bad looks and bad grooming effects ppl.It does kind of get to you and you start asking why doesn't she do anything about it?

no matter how much one says otherwise looks matter to 90% of the ppl. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Honestly it does. EVERYWHERE! at home, at the office, when u are driving thru the traffic, when ur standing on a crowded bus. One sweet smile gets u LOTS of things...
ides thumbnail
Ofcourse looks matter and there is nothing wrong with thinking that way....its only when looks take preceedence over other things that it gets tricky......but I find the flip side is that if u LIKE someone's nature, u will find urself attributing that pleasantness to their looks too......similarly if I dont like someone's nature, my distaste for it will translate into me not finding them physically appealing either.......it is human nature I guess....we cant compartmentalise and be objective......
anitha.b thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

very well said ides...looks do matter but should not precede over the nature of the person. We can have a beautiful person with a bad personality. In the contrary we can also have a ugly person with a very sensible and touching personality. Whom would we choose then?

It is sensible to choose good natured person as that will give long term smiles in anyone's life. We should not worry about today so much...we should worry on how our actions will affect us in the future.

munizaaa thumbnail
Looks matter in some occasions but a person's internal beauty is also important.😛
Daisy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Agreed, but who said jassi needs a major make-over?A few simple things like better glasses,no braces,and a diff hairstyle can make her a lot more presentable.That is what is expected today,come on noone can justify why she wears those huge glasses!
radha_18 thumbnail

I have said earlier that first impression is always based on looks and overall personality... but beauty is not skin deep. As Ides said, nature of the person matters the most.

Eg: When I first saw jassi i thought she was a guy but now i find her pretty... her eyes are really good. 😆

anitha.b thumbnail
Originally posted by: radha_18

I have said earlier that first impression is always based on looks and overall personality... but beauty is not skin deep. As Ides said, nature of the person matters the most.

Eg: When I first saw jassi i thought she was a guy but now i find her pretty... her eyes are really good. 😆

😆😆😆

Ya she did look like one at one point even to me....

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Here I wasn't referring to beauty but an overall grooming of a person which translates itself into an appealing personality.When you do have the means there is no harm in improving what you already have.Getting contemporary in my opinion does not consist of going under a surgeon's scapel or painting the hair pink or even donning whatever the fashion gurus try to label as fashionable.Jassi can be beautiful or very ugly,it doesn't matter.But the way she tries to force everyone to accept her in her weird get up is getting a little annoying.I know it's difficult to change your style but one has to begin somewhere.

When a middle class girl like Jassi starts in life,she hardly has the means or even the courage to go for a change.Probably the specs would turn out to be a gift from Billu or Bebe so they might be more important to her than the latest fashion.There are many girls who actually go around with such glasses .But when you do have the means,it doesn't make sense not to change your style of dressing or your get up to suit the contemporary world around you.Reminds me of one of my husband's collegues wife,a girk from Kanpur who used to wear the same kind of specs & then accompany them with REDDEST of lipstick on a similar coloured suit -yuck- and she actually was a very beautiful girl.Yet her getup hurt the eyes.And 3 yrs into marriage and really well dressed ppl for company didn't do anything whatsoever to change her style or her choice of dressing.And unfortunately she was a butt of jokes allmost everywhere.That's how the world actually is.

anitha.b thumbnail
Originally posted by: Minnie

Here I wasn't referring to beauty but an overall grooming of a person which translates itself into an appealing personality.When you do have the means there is no harm in improving what you already have.Getting contemporary in my opinion does not consist of going under a surgeon's scapel or painting the hair pink or even donning whatever the fashion gurus try to label as fashionable.Jassi can be beautiful or very ugly,it doesn't matter.But the way she tries to force everyone to accept her in her weird get up is getting a little annoying.I know it's difficult to change your style but one has to begin somewhere.

When a middle class girl like Jassi starts in life,she hardly has the means or even the courage to go for a change.Probably the specs would turn out to be a gift from Billu or Bebe so they might be more important to her than the latest fashion.There are many girls who actually go around with such glasses .But when you do have the means,it doesn't make sense not to change your style of dressing or your get up to suit the contemporary world around you.Reminds me of one of my husband's collegues wife,a girk from Kanpur who used to wear the same kind of specs & then accompany them with REDDEST of lipstick on a similar coloured suit -yuck- and she actually was a very beautiful girl.Yet her getup hurt the eyes.And 3 yrs into marriage and really well dressed ppl for company didn't do anything whatsoever to change her style or her choice of dressing.And unfortunately she was a butt of jokes allmost everywhere.That's how the world actually is.

Hey Minnie, i think your initial comments were taken differently then...

I agree that somethings can be changed and some cannot be...

It happens that some people don't realize that small changes can hep them look better. But in this case it is impossible that jassi does not realize that because she is a person who works in the fashion industry..she is the CEO and more over she has been giving so many ides to Maddy at times and how can she not see herself....

I remember one time even purab also said that tum in chasmoon ko nikal kar dekho...tum kitne khoobsurat ho...I guess she did not hear him correctly...she know he is gone....

Friend of yours...may be no one told her bacause they thought they may hurt by telling her the truth but when they made fun of her, they did hurt her indirectly...