Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

nyzbabiigurl

nyzbabiigurl

Posted: 16 January 2007 at 6:16pm | IP Logged

Hi

I dont know if it is just me or if Disney is running out of ideas. Jump in! did not meet my expectations. Dont get me wrong, i did like it, especially the last conpetition scenes. But, the entire storyline was overdone. First Eddie's million dollar cook off, then HSM and now this. Its the same thing...guy is really good at a masculine thing (baseball, basketball, boxing) and his father is the coach. He starts to loose interest in it and becomes more devoted to something more "feminine" (cooking, singing/performing, double dutch). The father does not know for a while and when he finds out he is disappointed and wants his son to do the masuline sport and live up his father's dream....then, in the end...the father realizes where the son's heart is and supports him.

I just thought of three but there are others out there too

and yea...theres Go Figure...about the girl who has to choose between ice skating and ice hockey....its almost the same thing except that its a girl doing a "guy thing" not the other way around.

and in all these movies the dates overlap and the main character has to choose

what do you all think?....is disney being too repetitive? or are the deliberately doing it to show children that they can break gender-based barriers set by society to fulfill their dreams?

maybe it is just me and i feel this way because i am in my mid-late teens and not exactly a part of disney's target audience. These movies seem to be geared towards 6-12/13 year olds...children, preteens and young teens definaately not 17 year olds like myself, but i admit i do watch disney channel and i have seen almost all their origional moviesEmbarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Disney running out of ideas!" in Disney World forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

~Sirius*Ysh~

IF-Dazzler

~Sirius*Ysh~

Oct Fest Winners - Harry Potter Forum!

Posted: 17 January 2007 at 2:40am | IP Logged
Well,
i was thinking about that too...
i think that they are just giving the same story different packages as they think it agrees with the audience!
And you yourself mentioned that you liked it..
but u r ryt! the same concept can get really boring...

~*Sandeep*~

Goldie

~*Sandeep*~

Posted: 17 January 2007 at 6:35am | IP Logged
Confused Confused what Confused Confused

zhasan2

IF-Rockerz

zhasan2

Posted: 17 January 2007 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
yeah i realized that too...its the same storyline over and over again with minor changes in it... Confused

nyzbabiigurl

nyzbabiigurl

Posted: 18 January 2007 at 3:43pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by ~*Sandeep*~

Confused Confused what Confused Confused

have u seen these stories?...and their storyline?...it is almost identical

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 19 January 2007 at 4:29pm | IP Logged
actually I agree....I mean this is getting boring now....the same story line over and over again!

njoylife

njoylife

Posted: 26 January 2007 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
we share same thoughts yaar Clap Clap Clap

*Raanii/Jaanii*

Goldie

*Raanii/Jaanii*

Posted: 28 January 2007 at 12:43pm | IP Logged
Jump in was a copy of HSM\[/B

Post Reply New Post

Go to top