Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Winners of Debating Championship V (Page 2)

kabhi_21 IF-Rockerz
kabhi_21
kabhi_21

Posted: 16 January 2007 at 8:21am | IP Logged
I hope the response thread for members is open soon with the link to the debate thread Big smile
IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 16 January 2007 at 8:22am | IP Logged
Dear Friends!!

Congrats and you all did a good job Clap

Maryam and .T made lot of efforts in organizing this DC even though I ditched them in the middle.

Cheers,
Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 16 January 2007 at 8:24am
ash_sabihey Senior Member
ash_sabihey
ash_sabihey

Posted: 16 January 2007 at 8:25am | IP Logged

Thank-you!

Well,I was waiting for this day since I sent a PM to Maryam for the Debate participation.It is the first time I had participated in a Debate at IF and it just feels awesome to be apart of it.Since days,I was thinking that what would I say if I'd be one of the winners.LOL,so finally I have a long list but right now I feel speechless because it is one of my greatest achievement-truly...

Starting over,I'd first like to thank God Who has always been graceful and merciful.Then,I'd to give a BIG thanks to my family who has supported me in every-literally every aspect.Then,there is a special person-my Chacha without whom I don't think so I'd have achieved anything.After this,my team members.Yo!We WON it!Clap,because I believe in teamwork.I'd like to thank my opponent team for giving me a tough competition.Smile.And yeah,thanks Mythili Kiran,Maryam and Tanaaz for selecting me as one of the participants.Hmm..how can I forget Encarta encyclopedia..thanks!LOL.

I think its gettin Debate itself,so in a nutshell,you made my day!Smile

~Sabihey~

Evilgenius_S.S™ IF-Dazzler
Evilgenius_S.S™
Evilgenius_S.S™

Posted: 16 January 2007 at 8:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MNMS

Runner-up of DC V: Evilgenius_S.S and Ash_sabiheyClapClapClap

Big smile---I Just can't express my feelings ....!!! This really means alot to me..!! having won..( as a runner-up..though) this Debate-Championship..is in itself..a big thing for me!! Because........This is the very very first time that i took part in any debate competition..in DM..!! So..this is very special for me!

I thank..all the respected Judges for taking out time for sucha  hard decision..i mean going through all the arguments and then deciding the winners..isn't an easy task...so...Thanks to U all!!Smile

I accept that,my other team members were.....AngryBut some problem was there..mainly of communication...so...that's why it all happened!But still..m thankful...to Sunny(SmarterdesiKid)and....Naughty_nice for doing all what they can in that much short time..Embarrassed 

And Last but not the Least...m thankful to that person....who helped me all that he could in giving me a clear picture of what xactly i can really put forward as my arguments and examples....!!!I'd not have been able to do that remarkable opening(as complimented by one of the judges) if He wudn't  have been there for me.....----Thanksalot....Abhi..!Smile

And Congratss to 'the For team'..for winning!! ur team's effort was commendable!!! And specially to ash_Sabihey...!!u all were awesum!Smile

Morgoth IF-Veteran Member
Morgoth
Morgoth

--

Posted: 16 January 2007 at 10:53am | IP Logged

Originally posted by kabhi_21

I hope the response thread for members is open soon with the link to the debate thread Big smile

Feel free to post your response here itself.

Link: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=508133

MNMS Goldie
MNMS
MNMS

Posted: 16 January 2007 at 11:33am | IP Logged
Important Note from Organizers:

In debating championships, consultation with any outside party (non-team member) is generally NOT promoted. All the previouse DCs are held with participants coordinating WITHIN the team.

Since it wasn't clearly indicated in the rules, we will keep the judgement unchanged. Evilgenius and Ash_sabhihey are the runner up as Evilgenius was not aware of this assumption. Smile

But this is to clarify that from the NEXT DC, i.e. DC VI, It will be STRICTLY PROHIBITED to consult any member outside their team.

Cheers.

T. and MNMS

Edited by MNMS - 16 January 2007 at 11:37am
SmarterDesiKid IF-Sizzlerz
SmarterDesiKid
SmarterDesiKid

Posted: 16 January 2007 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
Congrats to the winners!!!! Clap
SmarterDesiKid IF-Sizzlerz
SmarterDesiKid
SmarterDesiKid

Posted: 16 January 2007 at 2:14pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Evilgenius_S.S™

I accept that,my other team members were.....Angry

But some problem was there..mainly of communication...so...that's why it all happened!But still..m thankful...to Sunny(SmarterdesiKid)and....Naughty_nice for doing all what they can in that much short time..Embarrassed 

SorryCry

Go to top