Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Ms. Bholi Bhali

IF-Sizzlerz

Ms. Bholi Bhali

-

Posted: 15 January 2007 at 4:10pm | IP Logged

(Making this post on behalf of JPrasad.)

Dear Members

Today we are celebrating a dream of a man, who dreamt for freedom, who raised his voice for freedom, and he died for freedom. Yes I am talking about the man who raised his voice for equality in all God's children.

"Let freedom ring. And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics - will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual: "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

The Great,

Martin Luther King Jr.

King was a leader, a true leader, who promoted peace and practiced it too. In this incomplete life, he showed a light of hope, and gave a new perspective to live a life.

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.'"

Today, as we pay tribute to this great leader, and read parts of this memorial speech, which made history, let us talk about how the leaders along with the people of last century have worked hard to make this world a better place to live in. and how we are as the generation of tomorrow, making a similar difference for the tomorrow's world.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Are we judged by the content of our characters??

"This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

Are we free??

"I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood."

Do we treat each other with equality??

What are WE doing to make the dreams of King, of Gandhi, of Jinnah, and of all the Freedom fighters' of the past come true?

Was their sacrifice worth it? Are we doing justice to their hard work, and the entire struggle they did to give us a better future??? Are we paying back to them in anyway?

What is our role as the youth of today to make this world a better place to live in??

Now the ball is in your court!!

Let's together see a dream and hold hands together to make this dream come true!!

Regards,

India-Forums Development Team

Edited by Ms. Bholi Bhali - 15 January 2007 at 4:39pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

JasloveMs.ChandniNishtha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I Have a Dream Today!!! - King!" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mermaid_QT

IF-Sizzlerz

mermaid_QT

Posted: 15 January 2007 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ms. Bholi Bhali

This is a lovely post but in my opinion, the questions don't quite have a yes / no answer.

Are we judged by the content of our characters??

• Since I choose where to work and who to work for, who to make friends with, the answer is YES.  On a global level, perhaps not.

I

Are we free??

• In political terms, indeed freer than what our ancestors have been.  Freedom from one's insecurities and shad-ripus is the real freedom and hopefully, I am working on seeking it.

Do we treat each other with equality??

• Globally, of course not, and everyone is gulity at times.  Within a smaller group, perhaps some of us have succeeded.

What are WE doing to make the dreams of King, of Gandhi, of Jinnah, and of all the Freedom fighters' of the past come true?

• I think some of us have risen above discrimination based on caste, creed, sex and religion.  Some have not, while some never will.

Was their sacrifice worth it? Are we doing justice to their hard work, and the entire struggle they did to give us a better future??? Are we paying back to them in anyway?

• Only time can tell.  When the glass is half empty,  one can always choose to look at the half-filled portion.

What is our role as the youth of today to make this world a better place to live in??

• Why just youth?  It is the responsibility of each and every person who can make their own decision.  Efforts at making world a better place, should start with an individual, extend towards a better home and further extend to the society.   World will undoubtedly become beautiful once we stop demanding undue respect and hurting other people and their beliefs.

Edited by mermaid_QT - 15 January 2007 at 4:55pm

*Guli*

IF-Stunnerz

*Guli*

Posted: 15 January 2007 at 4:48pm | IP Logged
Clap

Pachu.P

IF-Sizzlerz

Pachu.P

Posted: 15 January 2007 at 4:52pm | IP Logged
Wow Saba dii....very nice post yaar!

Indeed....MLK was a genius Clap

Ms. Bholi Bhali

IF-Sizzlerz

Ms. Bholi Bhali

-

Posted: 15 January 2007 at 4:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Originally posted by Ms. Bholi Bhali

This is a lovely post but in my opinion, the questions don't quite have a yes / no answer.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa its not her fault. I made the questions Ouch

I think, yes and no answers are not right. some thinking and detailed answers are needed, which not everyone gives. Big smile

Posted: 15 January 2007 at 5:02pm | IP Logged

I agree he was brilliantClapClapClap

nishaek

nishaek

Posted: 15 January 2007 at 5:10pm | IP Logged
Clap Clap Clap

tiya1

Goldie

tiya1

Posted: 15 January 2007 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
Wow Saba di! great post Clap

Post Reply New Post