minuu thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 17 years ago
New Delhi, Jan 12 : Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai starrer Bollywood flick 'Guru' opened to packed theatres across the country on Friday.

The storyline of the movie draws a parallel to the real-life rags-to-riches story of billionaire Dhirubhai Ambani. However, the filmmakers of 'Guru' insist it is a pure fiction.

The film is about a villager who rises to the pinnacle of the corporate world.

On his journey to the top, movie shows Gurukant, the lead character played by Abhishek Bachchan, establishing a company in 1958 in the country's financial hub of Mumbai and displays a penchant for getting things done without taking a 'no' for an answer.

Movie's protagonist Gurukant (Abhishek Bachchan) is shown as the son of a school teacher who travels from a village in Gujarat to Mumbai. After much struggle Gurukant breaks into the Indian corporate world, which until then remained an exclusive, elitist club of bluebloods. Similar is the story of the deceased founder of the Reliance Group, Dhirubhai Ambani.

One of the promo lines of the film reads - "Think big. Think ahead. Think fast" - which matches word-for-word the corporate motto of Ambani.

Aishwarya plays Gurukant's (Abhishek) docile village wife.

"Movie is fantastic, the first half is good, second part is okay. Aishwarya was good but Abhishek is like genuine perfect," said Manjari, a movie buff in New Delhi.

The music of the movie has also been received well by the audience.

"Movie is very good, Abhishek Bachchan has performed very well. Songs are good and even the music is good," said Radha, another movie buff.

Bachchan junior turned out to be a winner in the movie as audience appreciated his close to reality performance.

"Ya, he has put in quite a lot of effort in his work. Even Vidya Balan was very good. The movie generally was very good," said Rishabh.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jaysean thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanx a lot....but i dont think i'll watch this movie
Khatti Mithi thumbnail
just came back from the movie and i enjoyed it. very different style. i thought that both abi and ash did a very good job but abi's acting was awesome!
Ms.Chandni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
i cant wait to see this movie 😊