"nazar lag jayegi " concept...

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 17 years ago

Hi all

In india Some ppl used to say ........'nazar lag jayegi .. so be careful' or something like that way......Do you believe in "nazar lag jayegi " concept...?

😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I think nazar lag jayegi does exist. I always think if you flaunt something/are too proud, God will set you right, maybe by buri-nazar!

I'll give you an example-
This guy in my CA class pretends to be such a brain and always shows off. Sir asked him a damn easy sum which he could not answer, and sir told him to be less proud. The next time he was less proud, he did answer right, maybe usse nazar lag gayi thi, buri nazar to be specific!

Morgoth thumbnail
I don't believe in this concept of the "evil eye" or "buri nazar".

Yes, there are evil people in the world and people who act out of jealousy to sabotage someone else, but that does not happen with a mere glance or by thinking badly about someone.

Morgoth thumbnail

Originally posted by: datspreets

I'll give you an example-
This guy in my CA class pretends to be such a brain and always shows off. Sir asked him a damn easy sum which he could not answer, and sir told him to be less proud. The next time he was less proud, he did answer right, maybe usse nazar lag gayi thi, buri nazar to be specific!

I don't think it was buri nazar, but more a case of arrogance. Sometimes people think a certain problem is easy and dont bother studying it properly. When put on the spot by someone asking that very problem, their minds go blank.

I think that happens a lot during Management exams. The material looks so straightforward when you read it, but then when it comes to actually writing it all out, you completely forget what you had read in the first place! 😆