bunmaska thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Rucha bhi kabhi bachcha thi!
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   July 5, 2005

[email protected]
Rucha Gujarathi
Rucha Gujarathi (Kali in Kkusum) is in the docks. Balaji Telefilms has sued her for breach of contract (which she signed in December 2004) that she would allot 25 days a month to Balaji and would not shoot for other production houses. "We have served her the notice," confirmed a Balaji official.

"We fail to understand why these youngsters get restless and look for outside work when we pay and treat them sufficiently well. At times, we have allowed them to have brief stints outside but, of course, with prior permission," the official added.

She called up and cried

Having signed UTV's Bhabhi, Rucha invited the tough taskmaster Ekta Kapoor's wrath.

What really put off Balaji Telefilms was Rucha telling them, "I am not taking permission on Bhabhi but simply informing you that I am doing it." Seems, Rucha will have to drop either Bhabhi (Star Plus) or Kkusum (Sony). On all counts, she could have been ousted from Kkusum without a legal notice.

Apparently, the notice served on her is a loud and clear message to all Balaji artistes who are under contract and nursing desires to have a tryst outside Balaji.

According to the official, "While Rucha was abroad sometime back, her parents came to Balaji House and tried to sort out the matter," adding, "When the notice was served, Rucha called up Balaji and cried a lot."

Rucha must decide course of action

Efforts to get Rucha's version on the notice went in vain. First she denied that she had been served the notice but when told that Balaji had confirmed otherwise, she said that she was busy and would speak later. Thereafter, she refused to respond to our calls.

Later, someone who identified himself as her brother Amit picked up the phone and said that he would tell her to call back. Still, Rucha did not revert. According to a source, "By now, Rucha must be petrified."

Said a UTV official, "We learnt on Friday that Rucha has received the notice. But she has not yet told us. There must be something in the contract that made Balaji take such a drastic step.

Now Rucha has to decide her next course of action. If she tells us that she wants to quit Bhabhi and go back to Balaji fold, we will have to take the matter with Star Plus."

[email protected]

Household names from Balaji stable

Lost their way

Mauli Ganguly: Opted out of Kaahin Kissii Roz, did a dud Saakshi and a cameo in Raincoat, came back to Kkusum only to walk out again, now doing a measly role in Sarrkkar.

Nausheen Ali Sardar: Walked out of Kkusum to do Kalcchakra, which fell flat on its face. Balaji recalled her to replace Manasi Joshi Roy, but her contract with Star Plus shut the door of going back to Sony.

Gained and rejoiced

Shilpa Saklani: Patiently stood in the backdrop of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi for years, did Lavanya but surely with permission, and she is now playing the title role in Kkusum.

Riva Bubber: Once out of Kyun Hota Hai Pyarrr, her story resembled Shilpa Saklani's, but now she plays the lead role in K Street, Pali Hill; Jasvir Kaur has been relegated to second position after the plastic surgery.

On trial

Rajeev Khandelwal: Out of Kahiin To Hoga, he wants to prove that he can go beyond Sujal. Soon, we shall know.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

HugabbleJaan thumbnail
Aww! Poor Rucha In mess. She will come out it as winner. Just wait and watch. 😉
akalra thumbnail

Originally posted by: HugabbleJaan

Aww! Poor Rucha In mess. She will come out it as winner. Just wait and watch. 😉

totally, i agree. Ekta is just so selfish!😡

wildblossom thumbnail
thanx for the article. 
drumangel117 thumbnail
i hope she doent leave the show, she plays a gr8 villain and she can sort of pass for being abhay's daughter. i hope she leaves bhabhi and i dont think ekta is selfish becuz she obviously duznt want to train newcomers and have them perform for competing shows.
calichick35 thumbnail

Thanks!!!!!!!!

awww, poor kali!!!!!! She does a gr8 job, i hope she doesn't leave!

alishah thumbnail
aww. i hope kali doesnt leave the show. she is such a good actress and her role is one of the best. lol.
scared beauty thumbnail

thx for the article😃

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
AWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!poor Kali and Shilpa and Riva and Rajeev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😭😭well I'm glad Shilpa and Riva are doing awesome roles!!!!!!!!but Rajeev sweeto!!!!!!!!!😭😡
*Rashmi* thumbnail
Uh-oh she's in a mess alright. Hope she can sort it out. Personally, I don't think Ekta should make such a big deal out of it. I would be mad too, but I probably wouldn't go so far. As for Rucha, I think it was very wrong the way she said she's "informing" them and not asking for "permission". That was definitely not the right way to handle things. She should have thought about all the legalities before signing Bhabhi. But anyway, now that's she's in it, I hope she can get out of it. She's a good actress, and I would hate to see her messed up for one mistake.