Aisa Des Hai Mera
Aisa Des Hai Mera

India-Forums

’’Life WiThOut WoRkiNg OuT’’...ArTicLe (Page 2)

shahnaz12 Goldie
shahnaz12
shahnaz12

Posted: 09 January 2007 at 11:50am | IP Logged
I am not bashing Narayani here Confused … but what she said about working out for 90 minutes each day to stay fit/healthy Confused and her thoughts about house wives and their workout habits Confused … so ridiculous Angry that I have no choice but to write my views on this topic.

Most of us do not need 90 minutes of workout every day to stay fit/healthy if we do not have any health problem that calls for additional toning of our internal organs and muscles Smile . A 30 minute light workout … even simple brisk walking or running after stretching would keep us healthy if we watch what we eat at the same time Big smile . Strength training is encouraged 3 days per week to keep our muscles in shape Tongue …. That's all we need who are not in show biz (where we get paid for our looks) or professional athletes (where we get paid for our physical performance…).

Personally I never had any weight problems as I strongly believe my reasonably good food habit and 30-40 minutes daily running habit helps me stay in shape.

Also we must not forget feeling great about one's self requires having a great mental health too Big smile …. So learning to relax when things go out of hand …. get connected with our loved ones to get emotional support …. enjoying quiet moments in nature to appreciate the greatness of our Lord … regularly try to connect to our inner self by connecting to our Creator spiritually …. all these are essential for our health as well. Big smile

If we do all these everyday consciously after fulfilling all the worldly duties (jobs, studying, cooking, cleaning the house, chatting in the internet … etc) … it seems we need more than 24 hours hai na?   LOL

See we must remember the people in show biz suffers the most for bad body image Dead ….as their physical beauty is one of the most prized possession they need to survive Cry . For most of us who are in other professional areas … we like to look good as a natural affinity towards good looks that's all Tongue …. We know at the end of the day we get paid for how we perform… how we deliver our skills… how we manage our time… how we interact with our peers and subordinates to make things work. Big smile

And for homemakers? (I prefer this term more than house wife to show the respect I have for my mom Hug … who was a home maker in a true sense as she had a Master's degree but never worked outside of our home….) … they need to stay healthy to feel good and be on their toes for their family no matter what Clap.

If Narayani thinks that only people in show biz are beauty conscious … She is wrong Angry . The difference between an actress and a homemaker is this … an actress always try to look beautiful for the viewers …whom she does not know Confused and who do not know her personally either Ouch …. Whereas a homemaker hopes to stay beautiful to her husband whom she adores and to her loved ones who she knows find her amazing no matter what Big smile.

Sorry for the long post Confused ... I just could not stop. LOL LOL LOL

Edited by shahnaz12 - 11 January 2007 at 7:36am
whynot IF-Dazzler

Posted: 09 January 2007 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
gr8_mms IF-Sizzlerz
gr8_mms
gr8_mms

Posted: 09 January 2007 at 12:10pm | IP Logged
thx for the article
superbike Goldie
superbike
superbike

Posted: 09 January 2007 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
Dear Shahnaz , I agree with every single word you said about physical health, mental health, homemakers and emotional bond which homemakers share with their families after fulfilling all the duties and still staying beautiful inside out for their loved ones.

As far as narayni is concerned, I read somewhere she does not believe in marriage. So ofcourse her definiition for a home-maker would be different and stale one(if I am not wrong).

Again after reading all this , only one thing comes to my mind, why we get so worked up after knowing her views, Is she worth it? (pls don't beat me up for saying this...........)

Edited by superbike - 09 January 2007 at 2:05pm
shahnaz12 Goldie
shahnaz12
shahnaz12

Posted: 09 January 2007 at 12:56pm | IP Logged

Tongue

Originally posted by whynot

Hey Shahnaz wanted to respond to some things:
I like the fact that you use the term homemaker. good for you. Clap

Thank you ... actually this is the term now used in the West. 

Also, your mom is really lucky to have a family like yours.... there are women who live their lives out for families where what they do goes unnoticed or uncherished.... what i'm trying to say is that the idealistic image that you're building... 'a homemaker hopes to stay beautiful to her husband whom she adores and to her loved ones who she knows find her amazing no matter what'... is not always true. 

Yes ... I know that ... all the girls in our family are either working or in between jobs for family related reasonsBig smile ... and we believe we can have both Smile... things are different now ... my mom's life was different due to the family size and my dad's occupation .... she was not forced to stay home ... she chose to do thatBig smile ... but she was an active member of the society and still isClap.

Sometimes I do feel the amount of social services she is involved in would not have been possible if she  had a job like mineConfused. Anyways ... everyone needs a role model right? For me although I will never be a full time homemaker ever  but I still respect her choice as she did an wonderful job being a homemakerClap.

As for actors having to look good, yes that is one of the demands of the profession and they have to follow it...what i mean is, lets not feel superior to Narayani because she has shown that looking good is imp to her....just as we get paid for how we perform and deliver our skills, she gets paid for looking a certain way... its part of her job and she has to do it... though i'm sure its one of the most stressful parts of her job. 

I agree with you 100%. 

Not at all ... I do not feel superior to anyoneSmile .... it's a choice we madeWink ... creative people are different kind of people... it's a gift from GodClap ... you can not be creative if you just try it . Although I believe it can be encouraged Big smile....

I just did not agree with what she said, that normal people like us need to workout 90 minutes to stay healthy and housewives are not conscious of their healthSmile. Also she forgot to mention other aspects of life to stay healthyBig smile.

in fact, in today's world, looking good has become a source of stress for so many people...it breeds its own insecurities as well.... struggling with a negative self image can be a long and lonely struggle.... i wish the world wouldnt depend on images so much (though as a student of lit and film i should be the last person saying this, since they're images too)... you know, once one of my students fainted in class becuase of the diet she was on.... yeh bachche pata nahi khud ko kitna damage karte hai.

I know that ... I am seeing that every day in my own family Dead...

My post has become a long one too... shahnaz tum aur main pravachan mata ban jaayenge Smile

Now who is influenced by whom here?LOLLOLLOL

jojo_100 Goldie
jojo_100
jojo_100

Posted: 09 January 2007 at 1:48pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by shahnaz12

I am not bashing Narayani here Confused

ROTFL.LOL

Edited by jojo_100 - 09 January 2007 at 1:49pm
shahnaz12 Goldie
shahnaz12
shahnaz12

Posted: 09 January 2007 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jojo_100

I am not bashing Narayani here Confused

ROTFL.LOL

Jojo please explain .... where did I bash herConfused? ... See I am a changed person nowWink .... I need her to stay in Gaurav's life ... LOL

jojo_100 Goldie
jojo_100
jojo_100

Posted: 09 January 2007 at 2:06pm | IP Logged

Tongue

Hey Shahnaz wanted to respond to some things:
I like the fact that you use the term homemaker. good for you. Clap

Thank you ... actually this is the term now used in the West. 

...Its a good term ,but west is using this term coz of its majboori Cry ,kyunke in the west wives are now fast becoming an extinct species..like..like.. like the dinosaursWink..i believe mother and father both are home makers Clap..

Go to top