Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jojo_100 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Originally posted by: shahnaz12

... I am trying my best to be a very very good girl 😳 by ignoring other women in Gaurav's life 😉 ....

...why are you pressuring me? Now why did you post this topic in the first place 😕 ? She is not related to ADHM .... is she?

.yes i know shahnaz is a very innocent good girl 😉..i posted this topic to ''measure''the love that that u guys have for N 😉.. just wanted to know if u guys are still deeply ''attached'' to N or have u  now ''attached'' ur self to her 'just good friend''😉😳...and dear shahnaz, she is related to ADHM..kyunke she is related to GC ,infact she is an integral part of him 😳...hai na ?😉

Originally posted by: superbike

Dear Shahnaz , I agree with every single word you said about physical health, mental health, homemakers and emotional bond which homemakers share with their families after fulfilling all the duties and still staying beautiful inside out for their loved ones.

As far as narayni is concerned, I read somewhere she does not believe in marriage. So ofcourse her definiition for a home-maker would be different and stale one(if I am not wrong).

Again after reading all this , only one thing comes to my mind, why we get so worked up after knowing her views, Is she worth it? (pls don't beat me up for saying this...........)

Teena dear, even i dont believe in marriage.... so where does that leave me in your system of values? Would you say for me as well that i'm not worth it?

achouba thumbnail
y r v talking abt narayani aunty if anyone ths forum is not abt her ths is abt randhirz,mathuraz n samay n rustyz y v drag ths aunty just to get her bash or wat 😆
Hey Teena and Shahnaz, evn i'm using this topic to have a discussion with my friends, thats all.
Shahnaz, as far as being lonely in life is concerned, for me to marry there has to be far more motivtion than fear of loneliness... actually, living alone is not all that horrible, especially if you enjoy many things... it is its own way of being.... for me, being lonely alone would be far more acceptable than being lonely within a relationship.
For me to marry, i have to be deeply in love with that person.... and that person has to strongly believe in marriage.... thats the only scenario in which i can see myself getting married, otherwise not.
I dont know Narayani, I dont know what her views on marriage are, i dont know why she doesn't believe in it... i know myself though and if you want i can elaborate on why i dont believe in this institution. 😊
superbike thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: whynot

Teena dear, even i dont believe in marriage.... so where does that leave me in your system of values? Would you say for me as well that i'm not worth it?

Hey Shvetal, When I wrote, "Is Narayani worth it" , it was not because of her views on marriage, not at all, I wrote this because I had the feeling that her statement "even housewives......" has disturbed all of us here so much that we ended in this discussion. I just meant to say why is she so important to us that her views can trouble us to write all these long posts. But shahnaz cleared my doubts, that it is not because of her, but just for discussion among ourselves on this issue.  Thats why I am part of the discussion, not because Narayni said.....whatever.

Well , I didn't know that you don't believe in marriage. I was also a non-believer in marriage until some time back. I have seen so many marriages splitting up on small tiffs, disturbing so many lives around,( Indian as well as English marriages.) I almost  hated this institution . Having your opinion, for your own reasons, does not leave you out of the system of values . Rather I feel if you are having your opinion, against the system of society, you are sound enough to make your own decisions.

But the definition of Home-maker will be different for non-believer and believer of marriage because of their own perpective. and on a more serious note I won't say anyone of them is mistaken. (I am saying this because I am a strong believer in marriage now a days and my homemaker's definition is changed). When I said Narayni definition for home-maker could be stale(It was a guess based on how she used the term "even housewives..", and i don't know her much ,thats why I said "if I am not wrong"). Now it does not imply to everyone automatically, who does not believe in marriage.😊

I think I have answered you on both the statements amd made myself clear. I will give my opinions on your next post just now.😊

Edited by superbike - 17 years ago
superbike thumbnail

Shabnam i agree that in the West any person does a lot more housework than people here... very good point.

Here both the partners do the household work right from cleaning to cooking. SO not a single one is homemaker. In India, I will give this credit to mostly women.

there are women who live their lives out for families where what they do goes unnoticed or uncherished.... what i'm trying to say is that the idealistic image that you're building... 'a homemaker hopes to stay beautiful to her husband whom she adores and to her loved ones who she knows find her amazing no matter what'... is not always true.

Yes, you have a point here. Most of the times , we don't give credit to the woman for everything, she does for the family. But does it change the fact, that she loves her family, her husband and that love for her familly makes her beautiful inside , whether we appreciate it or not. Husband and kids don't cherish her efforts and love most of the times, but the hard core fact still remains that she is the home maker and she has kept them united.

As for actors having to look good, yes that is one of the demands of the profession and they have to follow it...what i mean is, lets not feel superior to Narayani because she has shown that looking good is imp to her....just as we get paid for how we perform and deliver our skills, she gets paid for looking a certain way... its part of her job and she has to do it... though i'm sure its one of the most stressful parts of her job.   

Well, looking good is important to all the actors.It is a part of their profession They do not have choice. As far as Narayni is concerned , I do not think she is doing something extra ordinary. If she does not do this, people would not like to see her onscreen.

in fact, in today's world, looking good has become a source of stress for so many people...it breeds its own insecurities as well.... struggling with a negative self image can be a long and lonely struggle.... i wish the world wouldnt depend on images so much (though as a student of lit and film i should be the last person saying this, since they're images too)... you know, once one of my students fainted in class becuase of the diet she was on.... yeh bachche pata nahi khud ko kitna damage karte hai.

Hey Shvetal, I am not in showbiz, but I have struggled this negative self image thruout my childhood, and made a great great effort to correct it from an early age. Which I realize now,  was not required. But negative self image is horrible feeling , it snags you day and night, every moment, especially at that early age. and most of the times my parents also even didn't know how much damage I am doing to myself. But somehow over a period of time, I have corrected everything,which I didn't like earlier.I also believe in staying fit and make a great effort to stay fit by good diet and right exercise. Because it is not gifted to me, I have earned it.😊
My post has become a long one too... shahnaz tum aur main pravachan mata ban jaayenge 😊

superbike thumbnail

I am also posting my views , for discussion, not to bash anyone or to degrade anyone. My views may not be acceptable to everyone, but we all are different and lived totally different lives in different parts of the world, so our views are bound to be different. but I respect everybody who has struggled thru every moment of life and has a viewpoint of his/her own.

Hey Teena and Shahnaz, evn i'm using this topic to have a discussion with my friends, thats all.
Shahnaz, as far as being lonely in life is concerned, for me to marry there has to be far more motivtion than fear of loneliness... actually, living alone is not all that horrible, especially if you enjoy many things... it is its own way of being.... for me, being lonely alone would be far more acceptable than being lonely within a relationship.
For me to marry, i have to be deeply in love with that person.... and that person has to strongly believe in marriage.... thats the only scenario in which i can see myself getting married, otherwise not.

For anyone to get married, only being in love will not be enough, I am scared. As you correctly said, other person has to be a strong believer in marriage, I feel both the persons shud be believer in marriage and in love ofcourse. I read somewhere "Faith makes everything possible and love makes it easy".Marriage is a life-long commitment, from both sides, and our love for the other person, will go thru many ups and downs , since our life itself is a roller coaster ride, All the days are not equal, so is our love, It will  change its appearance with everyday passing by. 

I dont know Narayani, I dont know what her views on marriage are, i dont know why she doesn't believe in it... i know myself though and if you want i can elaborate on why i dont believe in this institution. 😊

soul76 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: achouba

y r v talking abt narayani aunty if anyone ths forum is not abt her ths is abt randhirz,mathuraz n samay n rustyz y v drag ths aunty just to get her bash or wat 😆

Achouba dear plz don't tell me u'r love interest has been changed and now u'r in love with Narayani instead of Soumya. I might just fall off my chair laughing hysterically! 😆

gr8_mms thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: blind horizon

Achouba dear plz don't tell me u'r love interest has been changed and now u'r in love with Narayani instead of Soumya. I might just fall off my chair laughing hysterically! 😆

achouba now love narayani..😕..now my ques to achouba is y dear y..😆

Originally posted by: superbike

Hey Shvetal, When I wrote, "Is Narayani worth it" , it was not because of her views on marriage, not at all, I wrote this because I had the feeling that her statement "even housewives......" has disturbed all of us here so much that we ended in this discussion. I just meant to say why is she so important to us that her views can trouble us to write all these long posts. But shahnaz cleared my doubts, that it is not because of her, but just for discussion among ourselves on this issue.  Thats why I am part of the discussion, not because Narayni said.....whatever. Hey Teena i agree with Shahnaz and you, its not as if Narayani's statement disturbed me.... i hear similar statements from people around me and always try and react to the statements rather than the people. i wanted to discuss this issue, so brought it up.

Well , I didn't know that you don't believe in marriage. I was also a non-believer in marriage until some time back. I have seen so many marriages splitting up on small tiffs, disturbing so many lives around,( Indian as well as English marriages.) I almost  hated this institution . Having your opinion, for your own reasons, does not leave you out of the system of values . Rather I feel if you are having your opinion, against the system of society, you are sound enough to make your own decisions. i do not hate marriages and its not as if i stopped believing in them because i saw marriages around me break up. in fact, i have also seen some very happy marriages (touchwood!).

But the definition of Home-maker will be different for non-believer and believer of marriage because of their own perpective. and on a more serious note I won't say anyone of them is mistaken. (I am saying this because I am a strong believer in marriage now a days and my homemaker's definition is changed). When I said Narayni definition for home-maker could be stale(It was a guess based on how she used the term "even housewives..", and i don't know her much ,thats why I said "if I am not wrong"). Now it does not imply to everyone automatically, who does not believe in marriage.😊 see the definition of 'housewife/homemaker' will be different from person to person.... in fact, most definitions mean different things to different people... i never questioned that... all i was saying was 'i dont like it when women who work feel that they are superior to women who dont'... that was my original post... but then i had to react when it was said 'Narayani will think like that... after all, she doesnt believe in marriage"... now what i'm saying is that these two things are not tied up together... a person may not believe in marraige and may still respect the people who are within that instituiton, still respect the work they put in. I am one such person. I dont know if Narayani is or not. But i had to reply when her casual attitude towards homemakers was tied up with her disbelief in marriage. The two are not 'cause and effect'... the two are different opinions of the same person.

I think I have answered you on both the statements amd made myself clear. I will give my opinions on your next post just now.😊