Page 11 of 11

Page 1 Page 10
Page   of 11

lighthouse

IF-Dazzler

lighthouse

Posted: 12 February 2008 at 7:05am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

I used to get good marks in Social Studies in my school.. LOL ...I learnt that Akbar....was one of the eminent emperors of India...learnt that Akbar's wife was Jodha Bai..... I Started loving AKbar more..when hritik is the akbar LOL .......I just made a try to look in a different angle and found that Akbar is not that good as the history says..they wrote that Akbar had more than 30wives....and he is a drunker.. Confused ...much more things....
Ayyo!! Whatever I learnt in my school days is waste LOL
How do we know the real "his"story of Akbar... D'oh

If only his wife(ves) wrote biographies ....Wink

One of the reasons I hated history in school Confused every book had different version of teh same event/ person/ war etc.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Rewriting History? (Page 11)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

SholaJoBhadkey

IF-Dazzler

SholaJoBhadkey

Posted: 12 February 2008 at 7:29am | IP Logged

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

LOL
How do we know the real "his"story of Akbar... D'oh

Ashutosh Gowariker will tell you on the 15th of February - make sure you get first day, first show LOL

~sweet_4_U~

~sweet_4_U~

Posted: 18 December 2008 at 9:16pm | IP Logged

ugh...not again!!

anuradhasharma

Goldie

anuradhasharma

Posted: 19 December 2008 at 12:26am | IP Logged
Ummm...

for me..history was the only boring subject in skool days.....i used to cheat in history exams(thanks for my close sitting frndzzWink)...cozzz kuch peda nahi jata tha...i used to sleep in history classes.......or used to make my own fantasies of fairies  while my teacher teaching history.........Wink

hmm..but somehow i managed to learn something frm my history books ....i.e.....(few things i can revise....years ago i was in skool reWink)

1) british ruled us
2) division of india.. india and pak..
3) cozz of roits many indians were killed......dese were hindu muslim roits......both inda and pak suffered.
4) india and pak relation were not good..now both sides govt trying to make good relations....

so i think its good dat our history book never went into deep studies of religious fights or religious facts....cozz it can only create hate among ourselfs....now atleast our young generation dont hate each other on the basis of religion.....dey dont see each other on the basis of hindu-muslim..........

but once i saw a pak forum...dere i noticed dat dey tok more abut religion...dey see ppl as hindu or muslim....i mean dey r very much biased towards religion..........i dont say all..but most of dem.....i guessed its cozz of dere studies...................dey see indians not as indians ...but as hindus......(acc to views i read on dat forum)

no offence please

xantia

Groupbie

xantia

Posted: 19 December 2008 at 4:21am | IP Logged
Hi all, I don't know too much about Indian history, mainly because history in general seems so boring to me at school.
However on a visit to see the iron pillar of Delhi last year, this was a big eye opener for me, regarding distortion and omission of Indian historical facts.

Now this site is littered with plaques documenting that Qutb-ud-din Aybak who built around it when he constructed the Qutub Minar and Quwwat-ul-Islam mosque.

It was only when I got home and searched the internet for further information, I quickly discovered that in fact these stones were the remaining pieces of a Hindu and Jain temple complex, which had stood there before being destroyed by barbarians.

As a Hindu I felt cheated by the Indian government. If we cannot learn from history of those who are our enemies, than how can we safe guard the future.

The lesson I have learned is not to trust officials, do your own research on the internet, that way you have a better chance of finding the truth.

Edited by xantia - 20 December 2008 at 5:04am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top