Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Rewriting History? (Page 10)

...M... IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 February 2007 at 12:58am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
IdeaQueen IF-Dazzler
IdeaQueen
IdeaQueen

Posted: 10 February 2008 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
I used to get good marks in Social Studies in my school.. LOL ...I learnt that Akbar....was one of the eminent emperors of India...learnt that Akbar's wife was Jodha Bai..... I Started loving AKbar more..when hritik is the akbar LOL .......I just made a try to look in a different angle and found that Akbar is not that good as the history says..they wrote that Akbar had more than 30wives....and he is a drunker.. Confused ...much more things....
Ayyo!! Whatever I learnt in my school days is waste LOL
How do we know the real "his"story of Akbar... D'oh
Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 1:07am | IP Logged

Something new is SEETA is Ravan's Daughter...thats why he kidnapedEmbarrassedBig smile

sareg IF-Dazzler
sareg
sareg

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 3:50pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

I used to get good marks in Social Studies in my school.. LOL ...I learnt that Akbar....was one of the eminent emperors of India...learnt that Akbar's wife was Jodha Bai..... I Started loving AKbar more..when hritik is the akbar LOL .......I just made a try to look in a different angle and found that Akbar is not that good as the history says..they wrote that Akbar had more than 30wives....and he is a drunker.. Confused ...much more things....

hmm so you loved Akbar b'cos he was one of the eminent emperor's then you loved him more b'cos he loved Jodhabai(who by some accounts is his Son's wifeWink) and then loved him more b'cos he was played by Hrithik

then you started disliking him b'cos he had married more than 30 times or used to drink. Lord Krishna had far many more wives than Akbar man you must really hate him

LOLLOLLOL

no offense to anyone

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 9:51pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mermaid_QT

Nice topic Sowmyaa!
I guess the situation in Rajasthan holds good for several other leaders and rulers all over India.

I wonder the same holds good for Chinese and other ancient civilizations as well. What are the criteria that make /prove historians unbiassed? What is the authenticity of something that happened so long ago? Who decides who to glorify and for what?  Withought knowing answers to these questions, how do we edit our history books?  Just like the IF LOL rules, one can definitely prevent BASHING of certain historic figures if that is prevalent! 

On a lighter note, I always wonder exactly how BUSH will be going in the history one day LOL LOL LOL

He cant top larry, curly or moe for sure....LOL

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Something new is SEETA is Ravan's Daughter...thats why he kidnapedEmbarrassedBig smile

You should change your id to "ripley's believe it or not"LOLLOL

qwertyesque IF-Rockerz
qwertyesque
qwertyesque

Posted: 11 February 2008 at 9:54pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

remember one thing myth.. all you learnt in history is truth.. all you learn googling or through internet is fake... thats the rule of the thumb....internet is meant to be subvertive...Wink

lighthouse IF-Dazzler
lighthouse
lighthouse

Posted: 12 February 2008 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by Believe

You should change your id to "ripley's believe it or not"LOLLOL

LOL LOL LOL

Go to top