Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

sadaf18

sadaf18

Posted: 02 July 2005 at 1:58pm | IP Logged

Shahid Khan Afridi

Born:1 March 1980, Khyber Agency

Shahid Khan Afridi; called in as a last minute replacement leg spinner for the One Day Tournament in Kenya in 1996, amazed everyone by smashing a century off 37 balls after being promoted to one down. 

The promise shown in his early batting in international cricket has gradually worn off due to poor self-control and perhaps team management. He has not been called upon to play regular first class cricket to improve his batting skills, instead has been made a regular pinch hitter who after a few defensive strokes begins lashing out regardless of line and length. 

This may have put a halt on his learning progress and he now needs to play far more carefully to retain his place in the team. The percentages were clearly against him and as he has so far failed to 'learn from experience', the tremendous expectations from him are subsiding. 

Afridi probably introduced the fastest spin delivery the game has seen in recent years. Delivering quick leg spinners with an occasional even quicker one, he surprised and beat many batsmen through his unorthodox bowling. But with exposure, batsmen have now got used to him and fewer wickets fall Afridi's way. Never a significant turner or flighter of the ball, he has now just become a run stopper in the middle of the innings rather than a wicket taker. 

Shahid Khan Afridi's extravagant bowling avg. (+45) and higher than average economy rate, coupled with his ever falling batting scores have begun to raise doubts and do not reflect the initial promise shown by this hugely popular youngster.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "All about Shahid Afridi..." in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rameena

rameena

Posted: 03 July 2005 at 2:47am | IP Logged

Kya kahun, Shahid's pics bhi upload karo, if u have them.

Rameena.............

theone_fan

theone_fan

Posted: 03 July 2005 at 4:27am | IP Logged

I just like Shahid not merely because of his looks but also for his talent.

So lets hope he become more successful.

Btw thanx for the article. 

Saher.

Mashal

Goldie

Mashal

Posted: 03 July 2005 at 11:59am | IP Logged
thnxs for inf sadaf but dont mind i heard that kohat is the born place of shahid afridi Big smile

beauty_angel

beauty_angel

Posted: 03 July 2005 at 12:51pm | IP Logged

its great his a cricketer make pakistan proud .

beauty_angel

beauty_angel

Posted: 03 July 2005 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
His "25" not that old his playing is really good.

canadian01

canadian01

Posted: 03 July 2005 at 8:16pm | IP Logged
thnxs so much sadaf i know u knew tht i like shahid tht's y u post(just kiddin) tht thnxs so muchhhhhhhh

Eman

sadaf18

sadaf18

Posted: 03 July 2005 at 8:25pm | IP Logged

yup. eman, i knew u liked him alot, coz u had mentioned it earlier, that's why i posted it...i am not kidding... and u didn't even contact us once and went missing...Cry

-sadaf

Post Reply New Post

Go to top