Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

theone_fan

theone_fan

Posted: 02 July 2005 at 4:52am | IP Logged

Amina Haq

It has not been too long since Aaminah started modelling but one loses count as she names the magazines she has been printed in: She, Libas, Visage, Women's Own, Fashion Collection, Newsline. Then there have been catwalk experiences. No wonder then that she can afford to choose in terms of money and commitments. Designers are now ready to pay more to models who work with greater professionalism. "Its nice to be recognised" as she says. "It would be hard for me to uproot myself and move elsewhere because my family is here, my friends are here, my work is here, my identity is here. Whatever and whoever I am, the recognition is all because of Pakistan. Abroad I would just be another statistic." Aaminah's identity is glowing and growing on the Lahore fashion scene, because she has been the opening model in so many shows. Aaminah's latest ventures to date include TV plays starting with Nusrat Thakhur which was aired in mid Dec 1997. Adding to her portfolio was a Commercial for Star TV (Chen One). The signature model for Nilofer Shahid's "Chaughtai Collection" which she took to Paris, appeared in Canada in the Fashion TV ad and also appeared in the french Cosmopolitan alongside an interview and shoot. Aaminah is as seriously into the profession as one can be in a place like Lahore. "I feel a model has to create a difference between being a clothes horse and a person showing off the designers product with elegance. A pout and a pretty face does not make a model out of a girl." Then what does? "You have to be careful of certain things. I make it a point to get a good night's sleep before a shoot or a show. I drink plenty of water and pay alot of attention to personal grooming. After all you can be only there for as long as you are capable of doing something dramatic to a designer dress." 

Pic is not being uploaded so i posted only the interview.  

Guys I have found this piece in Muskurahat.com & wanted to share with u all.....Hope its not  an old one.

Saher.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Amina Haq's Profile............." in Pakistani Serials forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sadaf18

sadaf18

Posted: 02 July 2005 at 7:26am | IP Logged

saher, i hadnt read this before...found it very interesting...although, one thing i didnt get:

she says modelling is not all about being pretty and a horse for the clothes...then what is it about??? all u do is put on a pretty dress, put on pounds of makeup (looking like a pastry) and learn how to put one foot infront of the other...that's all it takes, i think??

what u all think???

-sadaf

rameena

rameena

Posted: 02 July 2005 at 1:09pm | IP Logged

Saher Thanx for the info,

Sada, Ya I really think that show biz is not really putting ur legs forward walking on the ramp. I think she had done a lot of good work and now she needs to rest.I prefer she should go for a vacation like Meera did.

Wat u all say...............

Rameena.........    

rameena

rameena

Posted: 02 July 2005 at 1:10pm | IP Logged

Soooo Sorry. I wrote by mistake sada instead of Sadaf......

Dont mind.

Rameena..........

sadaf18

sadaf18

Posted: 02 July 2005 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
no problem. sada or sadaf what's the dif???

rameena

rameena

Posted: 03 July 2005 at 2:51am | IP Logged

Sadaf so nice of u......

Rameena.

theone_fan

theone_fan

Posted: 03 July 2005 at 4:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rameena

Saher Thanx for the info,

Sada, Ya I really think that show biz is not really putting ur legs forward walking on the ramp. I think she had done a lot of good work and now she needs to rest.I prefer she should go for a vacation like Meera did.

Wat u all say...............

Rameena.........    

Rameena ,You are Welcome.

I agree with you both.Woh Kahtay hai na

"Khuda jab husn dayta hai.

Toh Nazakat aahi jati hai..........."Wat husn my double foot.Lolz

Agree.

Saher.                  

sadaf18

sadaf18

Posted: 03 July 2005 at 7:51am | IP Logged

woh husin jo make up artists de tai hain...that's what it should it be for all these pastry actresses...

-sadaf

Post Reply New Post

Go to top