HAPPY NEW YEAR - Newsletter Team

greatmaratha thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Newsletter Team and the India Forums Development Team wishes all of you a VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.

New Year, New beginnings and a sense of satisfaction over the achievements of the year gone by.... as we bid adieu to the grand old man of 2006 and open our arms wide to welcome the new dashing 2007, we bring you a brief history of the evolution of the Newsletter from its simple humble beginnings to the one it is today.

Read on more ....

The Tale of the IF Newsletter

Once upon a time, in the small world of India-forums, a bespectacled young man had an idea while dozing over his tenth cup of tea in front of a blinking computer screen…

The idea was to grow his little siteling (not unlike a seedling or a gosling) by means of word of mouth. The mouthpiece used for this shubh kaam on February 21, 2005 , looked something like this:
http://www.india-forums.com/blog/2005_02_01_archive.html (Scroll down for Feb 21, 2005 entry)

It was christened "The India Forums Community Blog" and covered things like IF Happenings, Serial Updates and Coming Attractions – all surrounding a different theme. While this was great, there was always room for improvement!

The Blog was becoming too small for a growing forum. Something NEW was required! The Community Blog was rechristened to the India Forums Newsletter ! New columns popped up – One Sunday Morning, Aunty's Kitchen Corner, Apples Basket, Kruts Kweries and Sudoku Puzzles!

Lets have a look at how it changed over the span of one year:

December 18, 2005 – the Plain Jane Phase
http://www.india-forums.com/mailer/newsletter_template_17-12 -2005.htm

June 6, 2006 – the Glitters Galore Phase
http://www1.india-forums.com/mailer/newsletter_rose.htm

As time went on, themed newsletters became more and more difficult to create. That's when the Editor-in-Chief decided on a No Themes Phase. Much like a normal newspaper!

This is what it looked like on September 11, 2006 :
http://www1.india-forums.com/mailer/newsletter_11.asp

Newsletters always need something new, fresh and happening! Along with a new Co-Editor, who came armed with a spell-checking danda , new columns were introduced – Poetry Corner and Jokes Corner. One Sunday Morning was replaced with A Funny Thing Called Life, and Sudoku was replaced by Puzzles Corner, which consisted of a variety of different puzzles – the "Who am I?" Riddle and Picture Pizzeria!

But, themes never really can be left behind, can they? Especially on IF where there is always something to celebrate! The layout changed once again to incorporate a careful mix of animations, glitter and bright colours!

December 25, 2006 – Where we are Today:
http://www.india-forums.com/mailer/newsletter_25.asp

IDs may have changed, the team may have changed, the layout has definitely changed several times! But, each Newsletter tries to retain IF Spirit…it has something for everyone in this vast virtual family.

And they all lived happily ever…

WAIT a minute!

Not yet! We need to come up with next week's newsletter!

This story is far from over. 

Tellydom Tidbits

Vaidehi : Neel comes back and believes that Vaidehi is back with Aryan, he later finds out the truth she is taking revenge and supports her. Aryan, thinking that he is seeing Neel's spirit confesses that he himself killed Neel in front of whole family. Serial ended with Akash arresting both Harsh and Aryan Jaisingh, Bhumija and Sid getting back together and yash bringing back metheli.

Big Boss : Ragini is out, Rakhis clears everything with Amit, all recieve gifts from their families on Christmas. This week's job was to direct, write and perform a family soap that includes all emotions. BB natives are successful and recieve the best budget for the coming week. Read More...

IF ki Voice

Question for this week: If you could slap anyone in the world, who would it be?

Shahidlover24: Is Kareena Kapoor elgible for the slap?  She's trying to come between Shahid and Amrita's jodi AND Shahid and my jodi.

Amina877: One person I would really like to slap is George W. Bush. I believe he is the man behind the Iraq war and he is leading the world to destruction.

ddddd: If I could Slap one person in the whole world it would be...No one. Ok ok, I know I'm being odd, but I dont know how to slap people. I tend to be a person who does not hold grudges, and if anyone did something to hurt me...I would not react to it be attacking or slapping them, I would simply ignore the matter. I am against slapping.

Qnz_diva: If I would have to slap someone, then it would be our very own President Mr. Bush. My slap for him will be the revenge of all the innocents' lives he killed. It will be the revenge for all the destruction he did all around the world and for all the violence.

From the Editors Desk:-

One year fades away as a new one begins. Pull out the champagne, balloons, confetti and those seldom resolved New Year resolutions.

Its amazing how much the newsletter has changed and evolved! The staff went back down the memory lane for this one and was amazed at the progress. But, then again, we always strive for more variety and improvement, which makes the newsletter fresh and innovative. 

We are now introducing two new columns in the newsletter:

1) An "Agony Aunt" Column where you can write in about your problems with love, life, school or just about anything. Please feel free to PM our agony aunts kaleidoscope or amreen1409 with your problems. Your names will be kept completely anonymous.

2) A gossip column about some masaaledar khabar on IF. Who is Shahid Kapoor's new IF wife? Who is Amna Shariff's new forum boyfriend? Wait till next week to find out! 

Do keep us at newsletter about any suggestions you may have. We would love to hear from you! If you haven't subscribed to the newsletter, book your copy right now and get it delivered straight to your mailbox. Click here for a simple registration process.

Wishing you a year with lots of fun and masti and signing off for this year,

The IF Newsletter Team

< code="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flas h/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" height="60" width="468"> < name="movie" value="http://www.india-forums.com/flash/468.swf"> < name="quality" value="high"> < src="flash/468.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashp" ="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="60" width="468">

Tune into India-Forums: Addiction At Its Best!

With Lots of Love,

IF Development Group
Newsletter Team
http://www.india-forums.com

Radio Corner
Puzzles Corner
Click Here to enjoy Puzzles and check the Winners of Last Week Puzzle.
Member of the Week
Advertisement
Music Reviews
Jokes Corner
Click here to read some Jokes and A Funny Thing Called Life..
Banner Contest
Chatpata Corner
Click here to try different Receipes at our Aunty's Kitchen Corner
Movie Reviews
Newsletter Team
Virgo_stars
Sweet_kp
Desichocolate
umi82990
Naughty_n_nice
Kimi_dost
natasshafan
Soniyo
Esti
Ms. Bholi Bhali
gk_09
Sneha3105
Faria17
cuteluv
*Jayshree*
Tumhari_Khushi
T.
S.priya

Archived Newsletters | Unsubscribe
Visit us at: India-Forums | India Forums dot IN | eGreeting India Powered by
Edited by s.priya - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

greatmaratha thumbnail
Newsletter > Puzzle Corner

Puzzles Corner

Who Am I Puzzle # 13

I'm an old man with a beard
When the new year comes
I am reborn once again
Seconds, Minutes and Hours tick away
Giving me my name
For I give birth to them
I am their Father...

Who am I?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Members with correct answers for the puzzle their names will come in our next newsletter.
Please send in your entries in the following format: -

1) Your name
2) Your username

Send your answers by doing with the Subject: IF Who Am I # 13.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture Pizzeria # 13

YEH KAUN HAI ??????

Members with correct answers for the puzzle their names will come in our next newsletter.
Please send in your entries in the following format: -

1) Your name
2) Your username

Send your answers by doing with the Subject: IF Picture Pizzeria # 13.

IF Podcast
Subscribe to India Forums Podcasts
Slam Book

< code="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,29,0" height="60" width="468"> < name="movie" value="http://www.india-forums.com/flash/468.swf"> < name="quality" value="high"> < src="flash/468.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashp" ="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="60" width="468"> </>

Tune into India-Forums: Addiction At Its Best!

With Lots of Love,

IF Development Group
Newsletter Team
http://www.india-forums.com

Please Note: We love to hear from you and we keep reinventing ourselves, based on your feedback. Please mail us at [email protected] and yes do not forget to share it with your friends and family.

Winners for Who Am I Puzzle # 12
x_nepaligurl_x
canadians
muktafaith
j y o t i
zhasan2
merria
wadhwaniki
silk opal
gr8amna
aishika_pyar_5
CuteFairy91
sareeta
the_charm
springdale
natashu
reetsk

Winners for Picture Pizzera # 12
canadians
muktafaith
j y o t i
del_geo
merria
wadhwaniki
indiangirl07
ai_111
gr8amna
CuteFairy91
sareeta
the_charm
pams309
natashu

Solution for Who Am I Puzzle # 12

You better not scream
You better not shout
You better be good
Or I'll kick you out

Guess who is coming to town?

I'm bearing you gifts
I'm wearing red pants
I have a white beard
And carols for chants

Guess who is coming to town?

Santa Claus

Solution for Picture Pizzera # 12

Saif Ali Khan

greatmaratha thumbnail
Newsletter > Music Reviews and Countdown

I See You

"I See You " Debut production of Arjun Rampal which also stars him in the lead, 'I See You' marks the debut of Delhi girl Vipasha who plays the invisible woman in the film. Chunky Pandey, Sonali Kulkarni and Boman Irani form the rest of the starcast for this romantic comedy that is directed by debutant Vivek Agrawal and is slated to be the last release of the year as it arrives on 29th December. With its music release just a fortnight before the film.
Pleasantly surprising the album has not been overloaded with songs! There are only 4 songs in the film with each one fitting in the situation and 2 remixes. 'Subah Subah' is the opening track that begins with a sound of guitar. There is a surprise in the very first listening of the song as it sounds so different from how it appears in the promos. A number that looked quite dull there has a very pepped up feel to it as a part of the audio and that is due to the fact that the arrangements and the background vocals by Vishal and Shekhar are much better placed and brought to fore in the final cut of the song.

Sung by Zubeen Garg of 'Ya Ali' fame, the song is about this carefree guy who is enjoying the subtleties of life and is himself surprised at the way life is treating him on one fine morning!

Techno mood of the album continues with 'Kehna Hai Jo' which is crooned by Shekhar Rajviani himself. There is an elaborate setting for around a minute before Shekhar comes on the mike and the innovative part of the song is that arrangements are on the fore here with vocals being in the background. Appearing to be composed for the situation where the character played by Arjun has fallen in love with invisible Vipasha, 'Kehna Hai Jo' .

For the first time, one hears a female voice when Sunidhi Chauhan arrives on the scene to croon 'Sach Hui'. A track that has a Vishal Shekhar stamp all over it, it is the best of the enterprise so far. Boasting of a melodious appeal due to the kind of arrangements that are quite easy on ears and belong to the genre of soft music, 'Sach Hui' is a love song that is composed as a western track with Sunidhi Chauhan singing in a style that is reminiscent of pop singers from the rest. Though the number again has a restricted appeal due to its genre, it would be appreciated by those who wish their music to be like cool breeze.

Album ends on a rocking note with 'Halo Halo' that has been set as a dance floor number which truly suits the mood of the song.A potential hit if the film turns into a success, it also appears in a remix version by Whosane who does a good job in making it a good fit for the discotheques, clubs and lounges.

Music of 'I See You' is not conventional by any means and comes across as a little unusual when heard in totality.

Countdown of Songs
1. Maula Mere Maula  (Anwar)

2. Javeda Zindagi (Anwar)

3. Tere Bina (Guru)
4. Salaam-E-Ishq ( Salaam-E-Ishq )
5. Ay Hairathe (Guru)
6. Bhagam Bhag (Bhagam Bhag)
7. Yeh Main Aaya Kaha Hoon (Kabul Express)
8. Saiyyan Re  (Salaam-E-Ishq)
9. Dil Mein Baji Guitar (Aap Ki Khatir)
10. Salaam (Umrao Jaan)

greatmaratha thumbnail
Newsletter > Jokes Corner and A Funny Thing Called Life

A Funny Thing Called Life

By: Mrs.Eishu.SRK (Viewbie)

Life is indeed hilarious. Especially for people like me, who cant seem to keep their mouth shut.

There was this really rude and boring Chemistry proffessor we had. Her face had this constant frown on this and she behaved as if her cat just died. What was worse, she considered herself to be Ms.World when she was actually nothing more than an air-headed desi blonde. As it is, no one was interested in her lectures, we always had to think of other ways to spark up her class. From bunking class to replacing dilute solutions with concentrated ones in lab, we had tried it all. Being an extremely innovative bunch of people, we had planned yet another prank for our next lesson.

Just as our beauty queen was approaching with her nose high up in the air, her heel twisted, she tripped over her skirt and fell right on her face. And no, no one felt sorry for her. Everyone tried stifling giggles, as she got to her feet as if nothing had happened and said, "Oh , I missed a step ! Well , better me than anyone else" And then , being the blabbermouth that I am , I burst out laughing and said, "Yes, I'm glad, better you than any of us..."

That was it, she looked as if she'd been slapped as all of us had a good laugh right in front of her face. Thank God she never showed up again!

Jokes Corner

Three Construction workers are working on the 20th floor of a tall building in Bombay.

One is a Mallu, the second is a Bengali and the third  is a  Sardarji.

Every day all the three meet in the lunch hall and have their  lunch together One fine day -- the Mallu opened his lunch box and finds  idlis in the box.

He says " I am fed up of eating these idlis daily. If I  find idlis in the box tommorow, I will jump from the 20th floor and die ".

Next the Bengali opens his lunch box and finds Fish in it and says " If I find fish in my lunch box tommorow, I am going to jump from the 20th floor  of  this building and die "

Next the Sardarji opens his lunch box and finds Parathas in it and says " Mother promise, if I find parathas in my box tommorow I am also going  to jump from the 20th floor "

Next day the three friends meet in the lunch room for lunch. Mallu opens  his lunch box and finds Idlis and promptly jumps from the 20th floor and  dies.

The Bengali opens his lunch box and finds fish in it and jumps from the 20th floor and dies.

Sardarji opens his box and finds parathas and he also  jumps from the 20th floor and dies.

In the combined funeral held for all the three friends by their colleagues, the Mallu's widow says " I did not know he hated idlis so much. If not I would have packed something else for his lunch "

The Bengali's widow says " I did not know he hated fish so much. If not I would have packed something else for his lunch "

The sardarji's widow says " I do not understand what went wrong. My husband always prepared his own lunch....!!!

Editor's Note: Do you have a Joke? If yes, please submit your Joke by PM us.
Edited by s.priya - 17 years ago
greatmaratha thumbnail
Newsletter > Chatpata Corner

Chatpata Corner
GOBI MATAR (CAULIFLOWER AND PEAS)

(serves 2-4)

Ingredients:

1 small cauliflower
1 cup frozen peas
2 tomatoes
2 tsp whole cumin
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
2 dried red chillies
salt to taste
tsp turmeric
 tsp garam masala
2 tsp chopped cilantro
4 tbsp olive oil

Method

- Heat the olive oil in a thick bottomed pan.
- Add cumin seeds and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and red chillies.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets and add to the spice mixture.
- Fry for 10 minutes.
- Add green peas and chopped tomatoes. Cover the pan and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to serving plates, garnish with fresh cilantro and serve immediately.

greatmaratha thumbnail
Newsletter > Movies Corner and Countdown

Saalam-E-Ishq

Salaam-E-Ishq tells a promisingly epic tale of six couples. Oblivious to one another and separated by miles of distance, they are tested by life's two eyes: Tribulation and Success. Yet somehow, through destiny and fate, these six couples are brought together by the unturned phenomenon of love…

Tale #1:
Distraught by the unending gossip in the tabloids, actress Kkamini (Priyanka Chopra) wakes up to yet another scandalous story. It is these very stories that she blames her inability to land a lead role on. She's finally fed up and has conjured a plan that will have the producers and directors looking her way. It's a plan that will save her career in every sense. However, there's a detour in her map when she unexpectedly runs into Mr. Rahul (Salman Khan).

Tale #2:
He has the idle life in his grasp. Surrounded by a cozy little home in London, and cared for by his loving wife Seema (Juhi Chawla) and two daughters, Vinay Malhotra (Anil Kapoor) has it all, including a flashy PR job. Things couldn't be any better. Enter Anjali (Anjana Sukhani). Anjali is a woman from a different land, over-confident and self-centered, she is used to getting whatever her heart desires. And it's Vinay who she pines for…

Tale #3:
Tehzeeb (Vidya Balan) and Ashutosh (John Abraham) are the idle young couple. With the warmth of love still glowing bright in their hearts, Ashu and Tehzeeb are truly in love with one another in every which way. Living in Mumbai, the pair had eloped and got married a couple years back and is currently struggling to make a decent living, nothing out of the ordinary really. Both share the same workplace at a news station; she a field report, while he a film editor. But as the trend of Salaam-E-Ishq continues on, Tehzeeb is put through a tribulation of her own, which will put Ashu's love to the definitive test.

Tale #4:
Raju Taxiwala (Govinda) is the true happy-go-lucky, no complaint kind of guy. For the past fifteen years he's been following a single routine: Drive his beloved taxi from his home in Chandni Chowk to the New Delhi Airport to join the ever-increasing line of taxi drivers vying for every passenger who walks out the doors. But Raju has no complaints about his dreary working life. He joins the line of drivers with a smile on his face, hoping that any day his true love, Stephanie (Shannon Esrechowitz), will walk out of those doors – a vision he's kept for the past fifteen years. And as fate would have it, Shannon does return. But her eyes search for someone else…her boyfriend Rohit Chaddha (Kushal Punjabi).

Tale #5:
New Delhi's most accomplished bachelor, Shiven (Akshay Khanna), is about to lose the freedom he has come to cherish. He's scheduled to marry Gia (Ayesha Takia) in ten days. Suffocation begins to thwart Shiven to the extents that he's having nightmares of his soon-to-be married life. In a rushed attempt to break free of the what-seems-to-be burden, Shiven breaks off the engagement, leaving a hurtful scar on the heart of Gia. But with every passing day, hour, minute, and then second, Shiven begins to realize how difficult it is to live life without the company of Gia. His loneliness causes him to realize that his life is incomplete without her…

Tale #6:
Rustom Dastoor (Sohail Khan) is a lower-middle class parsi who is a newly married man. He wants to spend the rest of his life fulfilling his long-awaited desires with his new bride, Dolly Dastoor (Isha Koppikar). However, whenever Rustom and Dolly wish to engage in the timeless act of love, something always puts a damper on their fun. Rustom and Dolly are swept up in a tale that culminates with a tragically fated end.

Salaam-E-Ishq is nothing short of a magnum opus by Nikhil Advani, who's debut in Kal Ho Na Ho was a blockbusting one. Many things make Salaam-E-Ishq well worth waiting for. Firstly, the pioneering plot is sure to capture the wonderment of critics and masses alike. Another reason is a stellar cast that we rarely ever get to see (yes, even YRF films aren't enlaced in such star-studded glamour). And finally it is Nikhil Advani's first truly independent film, since he has now split from the Dharma camp. Many may not know, but Nikhil Advani was the assistant director to Karan Johar in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham, and was also believed to have been the mastermind behind them. And even though Johar's latest film, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, is the one to have broken overseas B.O. records, it was the one film of Johar's that critics and masses alike say faltered in terms of content. This could have very easily been caused by the absence of Nikhil Advani by Karan's side.

Pick whichever reason you may, Salaam-E-Ishq is sure to kick-start 2007 with some rocking fun. Oh and I would also like to mention that Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy's music for the film has recently released to fantastic reviews. And although it may not be the trio's best work, it is certainly redemption time for them, as their previous works in Don and KANK were unexpectedly sub-par.

So here's to a film, somewhat unique in its style, that promises to relive the magic of romance; a film that serves to pay tribute to the timeless affair we all carry with the enchanting phenomenon of love. Salaam-E-Ishq

Athena90 thumbnail
Wonderful newsletter priya akka!

Indeed the newsletter has come a long long way!
kothra thumbnail
Beautilful n wonderful newsletter..
Great Work Guyz
Leenasmg thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow...Awesome newsletter 😃 👏 👏
Gr8 work Newsletter teams 😉 👏
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5