Other Star One Shows
Other Star One Shows

India-Forums

Interview with Monisha - SB vs SB

JinK IF-Rockerz
JinK
JinK

Posted: 01 July 2005 at 6:00pm | IP Logged
Malice and laughter...on the same platter!

There is a little malice in all of us...that doesn't necessarily make us bad! But on television, malice seems takes altogether a different form!

Rupali Ganguly - super bitch and super bimbettee par excellence

Twitching eyebrows, lipsticks in colours all shades of the rainbow, words that make you squirm in your seats and sarees that glitter even in the dark, television's naughty ladies have a way to make their presence felt, and why not? They drive TRPs and make the so called sati savitris look even saintlier.

But there is another side to this story. The ladies, responsible thus far for mkaing our favourite bahus cry, now have taken on the task of keeping us in splits! This is not easy --- to hop, skip and jump from one set to the other, from one emotion to the other and, above all, to change from being mean and manipulative to being chirpy and loudmouth...quite a challenge, we say!

But many actresses have done this with lan. Watch Rupali Ganguly in Star One's Sarabhai vs Sarabhai and you will forget that this mumbling dimwit was Sanjivani's conniving Simran. Where Monisha is anything but classy, Simran stands out because she oozes venom, but with a certain degree of class. One twitches her eyebrows while planning something deadly, the other raises her eyebrows even if she has to pay 50 paise more --- quite a role reversal.

"I was really shocked when I was offered this role in Sarabhai…I told them that you have got the wrong person. Here I was this super bitch in Sanjivani, and suddenly I had to play this sweet simple person with no problems in life except the rising prices," laughs Rupali.

greatmaratha IF-Sizzlerz
greatmaratha
greatmaratha

Posted: 01 July 2005 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
Thanks Jink...

Is it a complete article, becos i thought it stopped abruptly...
annwesha Senior Member
annwesha
annwesha

Posted: 02 July 2005 at 11:52am | IP Logged
thanx a lot
killer57 Senior Member
killer57
killer57

Posted: 05 July 2005 at 5:04am | IP Logged
thnx alot JinK...
the interview is very good..
i wud like sum more interviews of characters frm sb vs sb