Debate Mansion

Saddam Hussain execution- do you agree? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 6

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 6
Page 4 Page 6

SolidSnake

IF-Rockerz

SolidSnake

Posted: 30 December 2006 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
They should not have video filmed the hanging though, it was in bad taste.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Saddam Hussain execution- do you agree? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

*Shama*

*Shama*

IF Ladoo Prasad Yadav, IF Jai & Veeru

Posted: 30 December 2006 at 10:41pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by SolidSnake

I agree. As much as I think Saddam deserved it, I can't bring myself to watch it.

psawyer

IF-Stunnerz

psawyer

Posted: 31 December 2006 at 3:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Shama*

Originally posted by SolidSnake

I agree. As much as I think Saddam deserved it, I can't bring myself to watch it.

I agree. But  their reasoning for filming it was that no one would believe that he had really died if they hadn't. Personally I thought it was disgusting to document such a thing and then show it on international television. In very bad taste...every time they showed in on TV I had to turn away...it was simply too painful to watch. But a spokesperson for the young Iraqis in UK said that we should take this into perspective - he said that the way the world was behaving, it was aas if they had executed Nelson Mandela, and not a brutal tyrant.

Does it matter that he was a brutal, ruthless man and not a peacemaker like Mr. Mandela? Should that change the way we view his execution? Britain opposes the death penalty PUBLICLY, but I am sure that behind the scenes will be jubilant faces...

Also, he was executed for the Dujail killings. Do you people think that he should have been tried for all his numerous other crimes? Some Kurdish communities expressed their frustration at the fact  that he did not have to face up to those crimes. Was the execution rushed, simply in order to get rid of him? The British Foriegn Secretary Margaret Beckett said in a press release that he "has been held to account". Has he?

Edited by psawyer - 31 December 2006 at 3:31am

Kohinoorfan

Goldie

Kohinoorfan

Posted: 31 December 2006 at 4:32am | IP Logged
I hate him ..he deserved it !!He was not a good Leader..he was a tyrant !!!He shud have been tortured more !!

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 31 December 2006 at 9:45am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Iiron

But who used to support him and who hanged him?? It is like one devil punishing other devil

But one less devil remaining, no Lohabhai?

Wink

Edited by sareg - 31 December 2006 at 9:45am

mini2390

IF-Dazzler

mini2390

Posted: 31 December 2006 at 4:20pm | IP Logged

i think it was just totally wrong...

yes saddam did kill a lot of people, he did fight unnecessary wars, but we shudnt forget these wars that iraq fought against its neighbors, kuwait and iran back in the years was due to the USA... saddam and the USA were like friends, the USA itself made iraq go against islamic nations lyk iran and kuwait, and now they execute their own so called friend-saddam hussain, and that too on a day were half of the Muslims were celebrating EID!!!!! Confused Ouch and ppl talk of the betterment in iraq??????

i dont get how sum ppl cud even think that now that saddam is dead, there will be peace and freedom in iraq, i mean the past 3 years saddam wasnt even the leader of iraq... so wat did this iraqi govt. accomplish??? nothing, and the reason is that this iraqi govt was put up by the americans, so obviously they r just usa puppets.... and we shud not forget one thing saddam may have been cruel during his leadership, but his nation always had regular schooling, proper education, proper meals, a typical everyday life, homes, electricity and a peaceful home to live in, but now wat doz iraq have???? nothing... everything is destroyed, iraq is nothing but an abadoned destroyed country, and ppl talk about bringing democracy and liberty after saddam's execution!

this execution will only cause shias and sunnis to further create violence in iraq, already a 100 ppl died after saddam's execution! 

in my opinion it was no justice, it was only revenge!!!

Edited by mini2390 - 31 December 2006 at 4:21pm

rushvi99

IF-Rockerz

rushvi99

Posted: 01 January 2007 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
I agree to the fact that Saddam was a cruel dictator, and it is great that he got the death penalty, but after watching the whole execution video online i think that to have any human being hanged like that is also cruel. I just think they should of used a more appropriate manner in killing him, like a lethal injection.

TrubL

TrubL

Posted: 01 January 2007 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
Personally, I dont believe an eye for an eye will achieve anything. Agreed he was a tyrant & dictator who terrorized his people. But this verdict & hanging was not the way to solve it. This is going to cause a bigger divide between the Shias & Sunnis. We live in a civilized world, and this was not the answer. The speed that this sentence was carried out and the timing was just not right.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top