Debate Mansion

Saddam Hussain execution- do you agree? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 30 December 2006 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Hmm,

1. I am not for death penalty.
2. I didn't have the gut to watch 'all' on tv.
3. Sadaam did do those wrong deeds; US brought him to trial. But I feel that his trial should have taken place in an international/crimes against humantiy court. At least, then the punishment that gets decided on is somewhat mutual.
4. Indeed sad to see a man get punished rather than reformed (general opinion/ not only for saddaam)

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Saddam Hussain execution- do you agree? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

WoHaXItZxAaKi

IF-Rockerz

WoHaXItZxAaKi

Posted: 30 December 2006 at 8:21am | IP Logged

i agree to the fact that he should have tortured..! but i think he was tortured enought.! because when you know you are going to die in lyk so n so dayz..who isnt sad? i mean who isnt tortured!?  after all he is a human.! I think it is right that he could have get tortured in a different way rather than being hanged.! and i agree with psawyer to the fact that..if we killed him..the we are considered as a murderer as well..except we killed one..and he killed tons..!

Love,
ak

sareg

IF-Dazzler

sareg

Posted: 30 December 2006 at 9:22am | IP Logged
According to the Indian Govt

India disappointed over Saddam execution

Saturday, 30 December , 2006, 11:59

New Delhi: Describing the execution of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein as "unfortunate", India on Saturday said it was "disappointed" over the development.

New Delhi, which had earlier opposed Hussein's execution, hoped that the event will not affect the process of reconciliation and restoration of peace in the trouble-torn country.

"We had already expressed the hope that the execution would not be carried out. We are disappointed that it has been (carried out)," External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee said in a statement.

"We hope that the unfortunate event will not affect the process of reconciliation, restoration of peace and normalcy in Iraq," he said.

These politicans in IndiaLOL, all they care about is their vote-bank

Edited by sareg - 30 December 2006 at 10:07pm

Anastacia

IF-Veteran Member

Anastacia

Posted: 30 December 2006 at 10:50am | IP Logged
I think this execution will lead to more hatred between Sunis and Shias. I think execution wasn't the right way to go about it. He died in just seconds.

angel_10

IF-Dazzler

angel_10

Posted: 30 December 2006 at 11:17am | IP Logged

He certainly did not desrve all this. yes he took hundreds of lives but at war it's not like he killed them because he felt like it. He wasn't a dictator. He just wanted to make his country a better place. But other countries decided to barge in and take charge. what was he supposed to do? Yes he gave hard punishments for little sins, but if you want to run a country that is going in the wrong direction you have to be strict at first. suppose you had a garden and planted beautiful flowers then, out of nowhere someone decided to step on all of them?? wouldn't you feeel bad? That's what happend to Saddam. I dont think it was fair at all that they decided to execute him on Eid. If they wanted to execute him, they should've killed him a few days later and let him do his prayers. Im not saying this bcoz im a Sunni muslim,but im saying this beacause i understand his situation. He was an honest man and always prayed 5 times a day. He followed  the rules and regulations that Allah presented to the world.

If not hanged, what else could have been the punishment for him, if you were the judge?

remaining in prison for the rest of his life.

The things he did to other ppl, do you think him being hanged is the same as what he did to others?

yes,it is.

Do you think they should have waited a little longer before excuting him, atlest till Eid?Confused

defenetely

What would you have felt if a victim who had been killed by Saddam was your relative or somewhere related to you?

i wud be mad and id mourn for my relaitive, but then realise the fact that Allah calls the noble early.

and atlast: Was Saddam in any way a good leader to the Iraqi's?

yes,he was much better and he always wished the best for Iraq

Edited by angel_10 - 30 December 2006 at 11:28am

CuteFairy91

IF-Rockerz

CuteFairy91

Posted: 30 December 2006 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Hi. First off all I dont think it was right to execute him. All they show on tv is half of da Iraqi.. Not suniz who r mad over it.. N just to takeover Iraq USA attacked Saddam..

*Shama*

*Shama*

IF Ladoo Prasad Yadav, IF Jai & Veeru

Posted: 30 December 2006 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
I agree with his execution. The man had wronged so many people. If my near and dear one was killed by his hands, I know I'd want justice, too.

Pensive

Goldie

Pensive

Posted: 30 December 2006 at 9:59pm | IP Logged

I don't agree…am not justifying Saddam's action and I know what ever Saddam has done earlier was wrong…but  this execution not only will fuel and deepen the Shia-Sunni divide in Iraq and the entire Middle-east….and also will destroy the every little chance of Iraq's stability!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top