Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

NEW ARTICLE DONE BY MONA SINGH AKA JASSI

sahhar_jassi thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago
Be yourself
   By: Jassi Walia
   November 28, 2004

You have to be true to yourself because at the end of the day, when you look in the mirror, you are left with yourself. It is better to be honest and straightforward and say whatever is on your mind.

Sometimes you can't be yourself because you know you might get carried away; nobody's perfect. Sometimes you make compromises; at times you lie, but as long as you aren't hurting anybody and aren't forgetting your principles, it's okay.

My role — I had to give up something to be where I am today but this is all I have ever wanted. I relate with the character very much anyway so most of the times I don't feel like I'm acting because it's not like I'm packing up after the shoot.

There are some scenes where we may have reacted differently but like her, I am honest to myself. I too am clumsy and keep falling and bumping into people — I don't want to change that. That's me. If someone says something about it, I just smile — I don't react.

There are a lot of people who say I don't look good, I'm not presentable. I ignore that. I would listen to my family if I were going completely wrong; if my father said something about my performance, I would look into it. But people talk about my looks and I don't care about that. As a newcomer, I have achieved so much in Bombay, I don't think too many people have had that chance.

Company matters — the people you roam around with. There are a lot of people who try to pull you out from where you are and take you on a path you don't belong to.

With this serial, I met a lot of people who discouraged me, who said I should not do this. It's not that one never listens to what people say, but it was my belief within myself that I could make a difference or I would have remained an ordinary person.

So I went ahead and did it anyway and look at where I am. It wasn't a risk, but a challenge I had to face. I wouldn't have been what I am without it.

It is your family and friends who knew you when you were nothing and supported you — those are the people you have to have with you. Family values keep you grounded. My father being an army person taught me to face each day as it comes and to not let success get to my head.

My dad's a war-wounded army person — he doesn't have a foot — when he was injured, everyone asked him to quit and stay at home. But it was his belief that he could do something in spite of his injury and he worked with the army for 25 years after that.

He would feel bad when people made fun of him — colleagues would say things about his wounded foot — but his inner belief kept him going.

Time changes everybody — but you need to remain true to yourself and try not to become someone else. You should respect yourself for what you are.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anniegupta_ thumbnail
thanxz alot for the article sahhar! 😃
anam thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail