Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Flame. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago

I wanted Karan's exact quote but thanks for this anyway. 
maal_u_have thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I don't know where he gave that statement but it reminds me of his letter where he was stating how the only good auditions came from products of nepotism ðŸ˜†

I read the papers, I go on Twitter, I surf the internet, and everyone seems to be having the last word on the nepotism row. And now I am going to too.

So, let's get some facts straight: I agree and I accept that nepotism is a reality, that it exists. Nepotism is a result of easy access to an exceptional resource. I acknowledge that my father was a producer and that made my first film, even the idea of it, possible. But let's also not forget that I started as the son of a producer with five failures behind him. I entered the world of films as AD (Assistant Director) to a first-time director (and yes, it wound up being DDLJ, but we didn't know that then!). But still, even if I didn't recognize it as access at the time, that's what it was.

And yes, I have launched Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan, and, yes, maybe you can say nepotism played a part. You can argue that there was proximity and I leveraged it, that there were relationships at play which were factored. David Dhawan was, and is, a friend. I took his son on as an AD as a favour to that friend. And then I saw talent. And then I platformed it.

When it came to Alia, I wasn't even talking to Mahesh Bhatt! I've even gone on record saying we had issues. We had auditioned 5,000 people and she was one of them. If there was anyone better than Alia Bhatt, she would have been in the movie, but there wasn't. She just stood out. Maybe her name played a role in why, but I think her body of work already proves that's not it.

And genuine talent can exist and does even in a world that's insular. They are not mutually exclusive. Did I cast Ranbir Kapoor because he's Rishi Kapoor's son? Of course not. I cast him because he's staggeringly talented (by every measure and metric that exists) and he fit the part perfectly.

I have also launched Sidharth Malhotra who has nothing to do with anyone, but why bother mentioning that! And, by the way, Kangana has done a Dharma film. We have offered roles recently to Nawazuddin Siddiqui and to Irrfan Khan which they have turned down! And that's fine, I hope we'll be able to work together later. They are not obliged to do films they don't think will work for them, and I am not obliged to cast anyone unless I think it works for the movie.

And, you know, currently we're auditioning for Student of the Year 2 and we're not finding anyone! I swear the only girls who are not bad are those with a connection. I don't know why or how because we've tried everything to find a girl from Bangalore, from Delhi, but we can't make it happen! And everyone will call me nepotistic. Again!
crispsy thumbnail
Doesn't plastic melt in studio heat and lightings? 😕
What i don't like sbout PS is that they can barely laugh or move their facial muscles. They can't talk properly. Thats why Jhanvi's accent is criticized.Edited by crispsy - 5 years ago
InterestedBW thumbnail
Janhvi is not an extreme case of plastic surgery, she has gotten a nose job and fillers for her top lip, So what it doesn't matter she was probably insecure and considering she will be an actress she decided to get surgery but she is extremely beautiful now. And who cares if she is plastic or not should we be caring about weather she is a good actress and has talent. 
InterestedBW thumbnail
Originally posted by: vib.

She is all plastic at such a young age and it shows! Tragic.

She just got a nose job and lip fillers for a top lip. Who cares what she did, she is coming into an acting industry not a modelling industry. She probably got surgery cause people like you would pinpoint her undesirable features and call her face "tragic even if she didn't get surgery. People just give her a break to be honest the reason why so many people are obsessed with her face is cause she is actually pretty and you may call someone like Deepika beautiful but Deepika has also gotten lip fillers and a nose job it's evident if you look at her lips from Om Shanthi Om and her nostrils are abnormally uneven. Even Sonam has gotten lip fillers and her teeth reshaped since her first film. Katrina got fillers or Botox and ruined her face even though she wasn't pretty before anyway and struggles to make facial expressions even more. 

KhwaboKeParinde thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: InterestedBW

She just got a nose job and lip fillers for a top lip. Who cares what she did, she is coming into an acting industry not a modelling industry. She probably got surgery cause people like you would pinpoint her undesirable features and call her face "tragic even if she didn't get surgery. People just give her a break to be honest the reason why so many people are obsessed with her face is cause she is actually pretty and you may call someone like Deepika beautiful but Deepika has also gotten lip fillers and a nose job it's evident if you look at her lips from Om Shanthi Om and her nostrils are abnormally uneven. Even Sonam has gotten lip fillers and her teeth reshaped since her first film. Katrina got fillers or Botox and ruined her face even though she wasn't pretty before anyway and struggles to make facial expressions even more. 

Don't know about SK, but DP's lips and nose still look same from OSO days, it's just more grooming and extra care.. though she did whiten her skin during SLB's Mastani time as per that character, and she has become skinny these days.. but it seems, she has not done any major cosmetic surgery or botox till now
Edited by KhwaboKeParinde - 5 years ago
Grumpydwarf24 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: KhwaboKeParinde

Don't know about SK, but DP's lips and nose still look same from OSO days, it's just more grooming and extra care.. though she did whiten her skin during SLB's Mastani time as per that character, and she has become skinny these days.. but it seems, she has not done any major cosmetic surgery or botox till now

^YES.. her face has no dramatic alteration