Rules & Announcements

Software Upgrade Rolled back (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 15

umrao_jaan

Goldie

umrao_jaan

Posted: 27 December 2006 at 8:22am | IP Logged
Wow! I looked through all the pages and I have my own suggestions on each of them.

#1IF Messenger-I think this is a very popular option. Even it requires downloading a special software I feel lots of our members will agree to it. Sometimes-specially in the casse of contests-PMs take a lot of time and their are a lot of confusion. So I think it will be a great hit.

#2 I'm glad that the PM inbox has heaps of new features, but I feel that its ok to have a PM box with the same number of PMs we are allowed to receive now cos it makes it less confusing and clears up junk. But could we have a warning light or notice when our inbox is near to be full? Plus I agree with the folders idea.

#3 Yesss...I really wish there were more contests. I've noticed that more than 50% of the contests are siggy making ones in some sections, which is ok, but hard for the ppl who don't have or are hopeless at that sort of things.

#4 For sections like Harry Potter I think we could do some advertising in websites like MuggleNet and popular HP sites.

#5 I wasnt on IF when there were Chat Rooms, but I think Chat Clubs is a pretty good option cos it allows posts to be more moderated.

#6 I like the idea of Games Section too! And couldn't IF.in and IF be merged completely cos it would make IF more varied and a huger traffic? Or else we could have a homepage which is common for both sites so there would be more traffic to IF.in . I am really glad that we can use the same username-Thanks very much!!!

#7 I think it would be nice if we could have sections for shows in the UK, US and other countries. Cos half of IF members are located outside India and they would find it fun to discuss local TV shows too.

Those are my ideas!

IF rocks!!!! And thanks for the Dev team for all they have given it. Continue the good work in future!!!! Tongue Tongue

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Software Upgrade Rolled back (Page 5)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

koenigbobo

IF-Stunnerz

koenigbobo

IF SUPER ADDICT

Posted: 27 December 2006 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Clap Clap wow that gr8 news

mpatel97508

IF-Dazzler

mpatel97508

Posted: 27 December 2006 at 9:39am | IP Logged
wow thats awesome!! Big smile Big smile Big smile
we are all with you!! Embarrassed Embarrassed Wink

kothra

IF-Stunnerz

kothra

Posted: 27 December 2006 at 9:52am | IP Logged
Wow thts cool..
Its sounds interesting...
I all with u guyz...
IF rocks Big smile

varmap

Goldie

varmap

Posted: 27 December 2006 at 11:12am | IP Logged
cool ideas....as a videobie can we have dedicated space to upload vids/photos...you can have time limits for those say 30days or something like that...so that the space doesn't get misused!

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 27 December 2006 at 12:12pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by varmap

cool ideas....as a videobie can we have dedicated space to upload vids/photos...you can have time limits for those say 30days or something like that...so that the space doesn't get misused!

The new video section will allow our site users to share videos with other members. Since this requires a huge amount of resources and bandwidth we are working on the implementation method and its feasibility running it over for a long period of time.

This is one area we are going to start soon after the software upgrade.

Cheers,

Vijay

vijay

Admin Group

vijay

Site Admin

Posted: 27 December 2006 at 12:14pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by umrao_jaan

Wow! I looked through all the pages and I have my own suggestions on each of them.

#1IF Messenger-I think this is a very popular option. Even it requires downloading a special software I feel lots of our members will agree to it. Sometimes-specially in the casse of contests-PMs take a lot of time and their are a lot of confusion. So I think it will be a great hit.

#2 I'm glad that the PM inbox has heaps of new features, but I feel that its ok to have a PM box with the same number of PMs we are allowed to receive now cos it makes it less confusing and clears up junk. But could we have a warning light or notice when our inbox is near to be full? Plus I agree with the folders idea.

#3 Yesss...I really wish there were more contests. I've noticed that more than 50% of the contests are siggy making ones in some sections, which is ok, but hard for the ppl who don't have or are hopeless at that sort of things.

#4 For sections like Harry Potter I think we could do some advertising in websites like MuggleNet and popular HP sites.

#5 I wasnt on IF when there were Chat Rooms, but I think Chat Clubs is a pretty good option cos it allows posts to be more moderated.

#6 I like the idea of Games Section too! And couldn't IF.in and IF be merged completely cos it would make IF more varied and a huger traffic? Or else we could have a homepage which is common for both sites so there would be more traffic to IF.in . I am really glad that we can use the same username-Thanks very much!!!

#7 I think it would be nice if we could have sections for shows in the UK, US and other countries. Cos half of IF members are located outside India and they would find it fun to discuss local TV shows too.

Those are my ideas!

IF rocks!!!! And thanks for the Dev team for all they have given it. Continue the good work in future!!!! Tongue Tongue

Thanks umrao_jaan for the lovely suggestion. We are trying hard to get them started. Regarding PM I am the one who is most affected person so have to attend it really fast LOL.

Leenasmg

IF-Sizzlerz

Leenasmg

Posted: 27 December 2006 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Wow..Thats soo Cool Bro Big smile
IF will be upgraded again..anything for the betterment of IF Embarrassed Wink Tongue

Edited by Leenasmg - 27 December 2006 at 12:36pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top